https://specials.idsnews.com/indiana-volleyball-steve-aird-culture-fear/index.html

Was just reading about this today.  Not a good look.  As someone that has season tickets and has watched the women's team long before Aird I find this believable.  One player that went to my local high school and came to IU under Kruzan has seemed to relay some of things to others back home.

Real question to me is does IU take any action out of this or just do damage control?

• 1 year later...

Women’s volleyball must not use the same rules as men’s football where you need clear and indisputable evidence to overturn a call. IU girls had 3 consecutive calls overturned and I saw nothing to change what was called. Just horrible because they would have been up 2 sets to none against #2 Nebraska.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Women’s volleyball must not use the same rules as men’s football where you need clear and indisputable evidence to overturn a call. IU girls had 3 consecutive calls overturned and I saw nothing to change what was called. Just horrible because they would have been up 2 sets to none against #2 Nebraska.

Agree.  We got absolutely hosed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, OGIUAndy said:

He's definitely got them pointed the right direction. Would love to know what was going on previously and what was resolved or improved culture wise. 

I don't think anything. I think it was a farce the entire time.