Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Well....Franklin grew up in South Bend so we can maybe call him a region recruit too? Franklin comes from big basketball family. Tough decisions for a staff to make that call.

NWI.... yes.  Region, No.  I never considered South Bend as  "The Region". 

9 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Prediction....TJD, Watford, Franklin in 2019. No info, just a hunch. Brooks will like Kentucky too much imo. 

I think Franklin is a must get as a coach. He’s gonna be really good on both ends of the floor. 

Of course things can change over time.  However, as of right now.... I am not feeling it for Trendon.  What I mean by that.... is I would love to see him in Candy Stripes. But based on recent events.... I am having a hard time seeing him in Candy Stripes.  Seems Memphis has made a major move. 

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Of course things can change over time.  However, as of right now.... I am not feeling it for Trendon.  What I mean by that.... is I would love to see him in Candy Stripes. But based on recent events.... I am having a hard time seeing him in Candy Stripes.  Seems Memphis has made a major move. 

I see what you mean. Hard to ignore nba players as coaches, especially successful ones. Maybe he’s just being positive towards all approaches...

IF we get him back on campus...he’s ours. IF IF IF 🙃

20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agreed. Him recruiting Hurt to Memphis was a big sign.

However, may not be a bad thing. Still time to prioritize Hurt, Stewart, TJD, and Brooks. Any two of those are excellent.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Even though it's the Urban Dictionary, this has a pretty good definition of what I considered to be "The Region" while growing there.

The Region

This has been on the internet for a few years now.  Will include it for fun :

How To Know If You're A Region Rat 

That is a pretty funny description.

"the region is where the “ethnic” slums of South Side Chicago meets “white corn-fed hillbilly” Indiana" 🤣

4 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.f8703f197a4b70bcb76fb501bbb1d0bf.png

Laughably horrible. I see where Dakich gets his inflated ego.

As a Chicago resident, I can confirm people who say they are "from Chicago" but live in the burbs do not get a bump in credibility lol, pretty much the opposite. And if you don't even live in the state of Illinois? Probably less...

By the way, I think the region is a pretty solid place to live but this statement gets at why for the wrong reasons. Just a bit off..

On 6/2/2018 at 7:34 AM, milehiiu said:

Yeesh.  I hope this does not drive Archie away.  Got to find a way to break up the NWI and PU connection that has been going on for much too long.

But thanks for the "intel".  Now that Archie "knows where New Albany is"..... he needs to "know where Valpo is."   LOL

Well, Damezi might be the first step to break up the PU connection 

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

I was told an offer is expected when he visits Indiana next week. 

I hope so. Kid reminds me of Trevon Blueitt. Blueitt could shoot the ball, but folks didnt know if he was "athletic" enough for High D1. 

When you come across a kid that can shoot lights out and still hold his own defensively, you sure as hell better swipe them up

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not even going to try to figure out the scholarship situation...🤷‍♂️

Seems easy to me. Franklin offered this past week. Who it seems we want him more than Newman because we offered him first. Subsequent offer to Newman in coming week if this information is true. Just normal pressure by someone who understands that kids/families of certain level of recruits need a little nudge to commit. If not. Their loss.

I don't expect us to take both. If we do. That's fine too. Once up and running Archie should probably "plan" on one transfer and one NBA entry each year. For those scoring at home each and every day about our scholarships....Archie should be planning to add 2 more than currently available. If he wants to do so.

Archived