Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that the staff focuses on making offers face to face, makes it seem more special and personal.

Also I am all in from getting more of a recruiting footprint in the north. Damezi this year and having Newman and Galloway on the radar is awesome, would love to be able to go see some guys live this year.

Sources reporting to me, much of what some of you are hearing.  Not necessarily a commitment on Monday.... but to expect at the very least, an offer. 

That alone would please me. 

Anything Archie can do to break PU's stranglehold on NWI, would please me.  Just like how one eats an elephant..... "one bite at a time".   In this case how does Archie break the sting out of NWI players leaving for parts unknown ?  ....... "one recruit at a time." 

After 1+ year on the recruiting trail Archie doesn't offer just to offer. Is this offer to Newman (if it happens) a move to get Franklin or a move showing Franklin family we are moving on?

Everything is calculated with this staff. Just was curious what others thought

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Purdue leads for Newman and their coaches think it is a near lock. 

I don’t expect a commitment today from Newman after IU offers. 

Gosh I hope he doesn’t go to Purdue. I didn’t know they were his leaders. I feel like we miss on Carton and Lewis. Carton liking Michigan, maybe us second. Lewis connection looked good with Watford at one time. Lewis seems wide open and enjoying the process. Sometimes swinging for the fence can cause you to strike out. I don’t want to miss Newman and Franklin. Not sure which is better if the two other than their rankings.

13 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

It's important to keep in mind the staff wants this to be a 4-man class but keeping a 3-man class isn't an end all, be all. 

IU is likely to have TJD locked up after his official in October. They'll know on Carton very soon. If they don't get Carton, then it's likely they'll have more of a full-court press for Newman and Franklin... made easier by the fact they are on the same AAU team and the IU staff can have multiple coaches at their games. 

Indiana is in great shape in 2019. I'm not concerned whatsoever. 

Good enough for me. I'll just proceed with my summer and check back Oct 14th. 

8 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Purdue leads for Newman and their coaches think it is a near lock. 

I don’t expect a commitment today from Newman after IU offers. 

Idrk how I would feel if Newman committed immediately after an IU offer anyway. If the staff is looking at 3-4 recruits, there's a solid chance we could fill those spots with instant impact players like TJD, KBJ, Watford, Carton/Lewis. 

I really like Newman's game and would be excited if he committed but I think this recruiting class could be the one that helps us raise the 6th banner. I'd be happy with the staff taking the risk to land the 5-star guys since Newman is a 4-year player and we are in a good position with the younger guards like Galloway, Leal and the youngest Blackmon. 

40 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Idrk how I would feel if Newman committed immediately after an IU offer anyway. If the staff is looking at 3-4 recruits, there's a solid chance we could fill those spots with instant impact players like TJD, KBJ, Watford, Carton/Lewis. 

I really like Newman's game and would be excited if he committed but I think this recruiting class could be the one that helps us raise the 6th banner. I'd be happy with the staff taking the risk to land the 5-star guys since Newman is a 4-year player and we are in a good position with the younger guards like Galloway, Leal and the youngest Blackmon. 

Maybe the coaches know more than we do and that they are getting the feeling that players like Watford and Lewis is looking elsewhere and not coming to IU.

Archived