Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

Brandon Newman

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, arksfinest24 said:

Brandon Newman may be the best player in the ENTIRE state of Indiana. This kids stock is rising fast!

You're not serious are you? Romeo says hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, arksfinest24 said:

Brandon Newman may be the best player in the ENTIRE state of Indiana. This kids stock is rising fast!

We just named Romeo the greatest since Big George and now this kid is the BEST in the state.  Slow down young fella he got a LONG way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, china423 said:

Archie Miller is now at Chesterton High checking out Brandon Newman on Valpo.

Let me echo Proud, and welcome you to the "Real" Hoosiers Sports Nation ! Home of the free !  No charge to our members, even when we get things wrong ! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Let me echo Proud, and welcome you to the "Real" Hoosiers Sports Nation ! Home of the free !  No charge to our members, even when we get things wrong ! 

Thanks, but what do you mean by we get things wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It appears he was in fact at the Chesterton sectional watching Newman. I am also seeing posts saying he was watching brooks at east noble prior to this game. Ostrom was watching tjd at greenwood. These guys are putting in the time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, china423 said:

Thanks, but what do you mean by we get things wrong?

Donovan was one, where I was getting intel from some very reliable sources.  And passed it along.  There have been others.  Keeping in mind, at least in my case, what I pass along is only a snapshot in time.  Things do change... and not always have I been updated on the change. 

We try to be accurate in everything we post here.  And in my case, again... I generally try to get double things double sources, before going with it on HSN. 

I have been right. And admit to having been wrong as well.  All of this comes to HSN 3.0 with no charge.  LOL

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A-hOhL said:

 It appears he was in fact at the Chesterton sectional watching Newman. I am also seeing posts saying he was watching brooks at east noble prior to this game. Ostrom was watching tjd at greenwood. These guys are putting in the time.

Yep after watching Brooks, Archie traveled to Chesterton to watch Newman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Donovan was one, where I was getting intel from some very reliable sources.  And passed it along.  There have been others.  Keeping in mind, at least in my case, what I pass along is only a snapshot in time.  Things do change... and not always have I been updated on the change. 

We try to be accurate in everything we post here.  And in my case, again... I generally try to get double things double sources, before going with it on HSN. 

I have been right. And admit to having been wrong as well.  All of this comes to HSN 3.0 with no charge.  LOL

A couple of us had reliable people talking about Billy Donovan so you can't take the blame on that.  We put what we hear out on the forum with caveats but that one had a lot of us going.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Donovan was one, where I was getting intel from some very reliable sources.  And passed it along.  There have been others.  Keeping in mind, at least in my case, what I pass along is only a snapshot in time.  Things do change... and not always have I been updated on the change. 

We try to be accurate in everything we post here.  And in my case, again... I generally try to get double things double sources, before going with it on HSN. 

I have been right. And admit to having been wrong as well.  All of this comes to HSN 3.0 with no charge.  LOL

I don't care if you are wrong or you are right. You are outstanding and the best this board has to offer. Thank you for what you and all the other mods do for us. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I don't care if you are wrong or you are right. You are outstanding and the best this board has to offer. Thank you for what you and all the other mods do for us. 

Thank you for your kind words.  Just one more thing on the Donovan thing.  Pretty sure many of us were getting solid intel.  And from what I have gathered, Mr. Glass eventually tired of Donovan dragging his feet on a final decision.  So, rather than get caught holding the bag... Mr. Glass decided enough was enough and chose to move on.   In the end... I am very happy with the choice.  And just think, if Archie works out the way I think he will.... how many years  in age, we gained vs Donovan.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you for your kind words.  Just one more thing on the Donovan thing.  Pretty sure many of us were getting solid intel.  And from what I have gathered, Mr. Glass eventually tired of Donovan dragging his feet on a final decision.  So, rather than get caught holding the bag... Mr. Glass decided enough was enough and chose to move on.   In the end... I am very happy with the choice.  And just think, if Archie works out the way I think he will.... how many years  in age, we gained vs Donovan.

MIle,

I never doubted Donovan was a serious candidate, at least from Glass's standpoint.  Any AD worth his salt would have had Donovan and any short list at that time.  That was truly and epic thread!   Those who had the intel and shared it received an undeserved amount of cynicism for sharing.  As you stated and all should know, the info on this board is free but it's veracity is never assured.  Donovan was my first choice and CAM was my second choice at the time.  However, I couldn't agree more that I now think CAM has turned into the better choice.  He has already proven he has the chops to improve this program and sustain it for a much longer time due to his relative youth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I hear and read I really think Newman is about to explode onto the scene this summer. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he became a player equivalent in talent to a player like Bluiett

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Donovan was one, where I was getting intel from some very reliable sources.  And passed it along.  There have been others.  Keeping in mind, at least in my case, what I pass along is only a snapshot in time.  Things do change... and not always have I been updated on the change. 

We try to be accurate in everything we post here.  And in my case, again... I generally try to get double things double sources, before going with it on HSN. 

I have been right. And admit to having been wrong as well.  All of this comes to HSN 3.0 with no charge.  LOL

We were 2 of many hearing things about BD.  Frankly I’m happy it turned out the way it did

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A-hOhL said:

 It appears he was in fact at the Chesterton sectional watching Newman. I am also seeing posts saying he was watching brooks at east noble prior to this game. Ostrom was watching tjd at greenwood. These guys are putting in the time.

My alma mater (Chesterton). Cool to see the high school hosting sectionals. Now if CHS could maybe win one one of these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yep after watching Brooks, Archie traveled to Chesterton to watch Newman. 

Wow, I live in Northern Indiana and for Archie to hit both sectionals in one night is not a quick drive, though they may have been in different time zones which would give him an hour extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEKA said:

My alma mater (Chesterton). Cool to see the high school hosting sectionals. Now if CHS could maybe win one one of these days. 

Cool for you and your high school.  Growing up in NWI in the '60's.... and this is not meant to be a slight.... but at that time... Chesterton was less than a blip in most people's minds.  The big sectionals were in Hammond and Gary.  My.... how times have changed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Cool for you and your high school.  Growing up in NWI in the '60's.... and this is not meant to be a slight.... but at that time... Chesterton was less than a blip in most people's minds.  The big sectionals were in Hammond and Gary.  My.... how times have changed.

 

Don't forget Michigan City! :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Don't forget Michigan City! :cheers:

That is very true, as well.   Tons on truly big and strong Sectionals before class BB in the state of BB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×