Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, china423 said:

Archie Miller is now at Chesterton High checking out Brandon Newman on Valpo.

Let me echo Proud, and welcome you to the "Real" Hoosiers Sports Nation ! Home of the free !  No charge to our members, even when we get things wrong ! 

It appears he was in fact at the Chesterton sectional watching Newman. I am also seeing posts saying he was watching brooks at east noble prior to this game. Ostrom was watching tjd at greenwood. These guys are putting in the time.

1 hour ago, china423 said:

Thanks, but what do you mean by we get things wrong?

Donovan was one, where I was getting intel from some very reliable sources.  And passed it along.  There have been others.  Keeping in mind, at least in my case, what I pass along is only a snapshot in time.  Things do change... and not always have I been updated on the change. 

We try to be accurate in everything we post here.  And in my case, again... I generally try to get double things double sources, before going with it on HSN. 

I have been right. And admit to having been wrong as well.  All of this comes to HSN 3.0 with no charge.  LOL

1 hour ago, A-hOhL said:

It appears he was in fact at the Chesterton sectional watching Newman. I am also seeing posts saying he was watching brooks at east noble prior to this game. Ostrom was watching tjd at greenwood. These guys are putting in the time.

Yep after watching Brooks, Archie traveled to Chesterton to watch Newman. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Donovan was one, where I was getting intel from some very reliable sources.  And passed it along.  There have been others.  Keeping in mind, at least in my case, what I pass along is only a snapshot in time.  Things do change... and not always have I been updated on the change. 

We try to be accurate in everything we post here.  And in my case, again... I generally try to get double things double sources, before going with it on HSN. 

I have been right. And admit to having been wrong as well.  All of this comes to HSN 3.0 with no charge.  LOL

A couple of us had reliable people talking about Billy Donovan so you can't take the blame on that.  We put what we hear out on the forum with caveats but that one had a lot of us going.

I don't care if you are wrong or you are right. You are outstanding and the best this board has to offer. Thank you for what you and all the other mods do for us. 

20 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I don't care if you are wrong or you are right. You are outstanding and the best this board has to offer. Thank you for what you and all the other mods do for us. 

Thank you for your kind words.  Just one more thing on the Donovan thing.  Pretty sure many of us were getting solid intel.  And from what I have gathered, Mr. Glass eventually tired of Donovan dragging his feet on a final decision.  So, rather than get caught holding the bag... Mr. Glass decided enough was enough and chose to move on.   In the end... I am very happy with the choice.  And just think, if Archie works out the way I think he will.... how many years  in age, we gained vs Donovan.

Thank you for your kind words.  Just one more thing on the Donovan thing.  Pretty sure many of us were getting solid intel.  And from what I have gathered, Mr. Glass eventually tired of Donovan dragging his feet on a final decision.  So, rather than get caught holding the bag... Mr. Glass decided enough was enough and chose to move on.   In the end... I am very happy with the choice.  And just think, if Archie works out the way I think he will.... how many years  in age, we gained vs Donovan.

MIle,

I never doubted Donovan was a serious candidate, at least from Glass's standpoint.  Any AD worth his salt would have had Donovan and any short list at that time.  That was truly and epic thread!   Those who had the intel and shared it received an undeserved amount of cynicism for sharing.  As you stated and all should know, the info on this board is free but it's veracity is never assured.  Donovan was my first choice and CAM was my second choice at the time.  However, I couldn't agree more that I now think CAM has turned into the better choice.  He has already proven he has the chops to improve this program and sustain it for a much longer time due to his relative youth.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

We were 2 of many hearing things about BD.  Frankly I’m happy it turned out the way it did

5 hours ago, A-hOhL said:

My alma mater (Chesterton). Cool to see the high school hosting sectionals. Now if CHS could maybe win one one of these days. 

1 hour ago, BEKA said:

My alma mater (Chesterton). Cool to see the high school hosting sectionals. Now if CHS could maybe win one one of these days. 

Cool for you and your high school.  Growing up in NWI in the '60's.... and this is not meant to be a slight.... but at that time... Chesterton was less than a blip in most people's minds.  The big sectionals were in Hammond and Gary.  My.... how times have changed.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Cool for you and your high school.  Growing up in NWI in the '60's.... and this is not meant to be a slight.... but at that time... Chesterton was less than a blip in most people's minds.  The big sectionals were in Hammond and Gary.  My.... how times have changed.

Don't forget Michigan City! :cheers:

Archived