Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Indiana is planning on a 4-man class at this time. 

Cue the typical quote “things can always change in recruiting” but the staff is planning on a 4-man class. 

I would remind everyone counting scholarships at the high major level can be a frustrating waste of time. So best to direct your time and energy elsewhere. 

If Newman is offered...

Carton

Newman

Franklin

Brooks

TJD

Who is the odd man out...

47 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Indiana is planning on a 4-man class at this time. 

Cue the typical quote “things can always change in recruiting” but the staff is planning on a 4-man class. 

I would remind everyone counting scholarships at the high major level can be a frustrating waste of time. So best to direct your time and energy elsewhere. 

I vote your last sentence become the official name of all IU boards. 

Guards preference: Carton> Lewis > Ramsey > Newman > Harris > Franklin. I don’t consider Lecque a serious possibility. 

Watching highlights of Brandon Newman I love his game. He would bring the Hoosiers a sharp shooter from 3. The intensity which he defended Romeo in the Jr-Sr All-star game tells me he takes that end of the court seriously. Hope Arch offers him during the visit. 

2 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

Guards preference: Carton> Lewis > Ramsey > Newman > Harris > Franklin. I don’t consider Lecque a serious possibility. 

Watching highlights of Brandon Newman I love his game. He would bring the Hoosiers a sharp shooter from 3. The intensity which he defended Romeo in the Jr-Sr All-star game tells me he takes that end of the court seriously. Hope Arch offers him during the visit. 

I like Newman better than Franklin as well. Be a great 4 year player! 

On 6/15/2018 at 8:55 AM, DocHoosier said:

Not disagreeing with you at all.. but I will point out and ask have you seen him defend in other games? Not implying anything.. just asking. My point is everyone shows up to defend Romeo because if they don't he'll go for 40+. Just curious how serious he was about the other end of the court when it's not Romeo he is guarding. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Not disagreeing with you at all.. but I will point out and ask have you seen him defend in other games? Not implying anything.. just asking. My point is everyone shows up to defend Romeo because if they don't he'll go for 40+. Just curious how serious he was about the other end of the court when it's not Romeo he is guarding. 

Great points! No I’ve not seen him defend in any other game. My viewing has been through word of mouth and seeing EYBL stats. 3 point % above 40, truly fills a void for our roster. 

I'm a little biased as a Valpo native, but I just don't understand why we haven't offered.  Now rated as the 81st best player in Rivals, and none of the offers to the guards ranked higher seem likely to pan out. My best guess is they want a combo guard who can handle the ball a little better,  as opposed to Newman who I think plays a little more like a combo off guard/small forward.  I think Archie wants another Robert Johnson, but Newman is more like a Will Sheehey.  

1 hour ago, Blazin Hazin said:

I'm a little biased as a Valpo native, but I just don't understand why we haven't offered.  Now rated as the 81st best player in Rivals, and none of the offers to the guards ranked higher seem likely to pan out. My best guess is they want a combo guard who can handle the ball a little better,  as opposed to Newman who I think plays a little more like a combo off guard/small forward.  I think Archie wants another Robert Johnson, but Newman is more like a Will Sheehey.  

I think you're right.  I'd even go farther in reading the tea leaves and say Archie is looking for ball handlers, not primarily shooters, as guards in the 2019 class.  I think he'd prefer a true point guard, but would, if necessary, take a combo guard that he thinks might be capable of evolving into a primary ball-handler. 

Archived