Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That's bizarre that his coach would be crossed up like that.  Have to think there was something lost in translation.  I can't imagine his coach wouldn't know that.

Did anyone listen? It's at the 30 minute mark. He says Indiana is the first Big Ten offer, aside from Purdue. But it is his first Blue Blood level offer. 

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Did anyone listen? It's at the 30 minute mark. He says Indiana is the first Big Ten offer, aside from Purdue. But it is his first Blue Blood level offer. 

Ahhhhh...so he totally DISSED the Smellermakers...LOL...now I have to go back and listen.

EDIT: You are correct...that's pretty much verbatim what he said.  The host kind of led him that direction, but yes, he said first "blue blood" level offer.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Newman was offered May 30th while visiting Purdue. Painter offered him in the hopes he would take it immediately. 

One of Purdue’s coaches said (not to me directly) he is the top player on the board since February. 

It would be so sweet to get the top player off their board this year after Damezi and Jerome last year. Inflict as much damage as possible

Ohio State offered Brandon Newman today (7/05/18).  Tells you all you need to know about Brandon.  Kid has come a long way since he was a relative unknown.

Despite all the recent offers, word to me, is that IU is very much in this race.  And a race it has become. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like a kid who is going to let the recruiting process play out. No harm doing that. However..some of these mid-tier 4 star guys (60-100) are going to find out an offer from IU now isn't some open ended invite. Join or miss out.

Correct. Loving where we’re at.

31 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Good news to me. That’s even more  comformation of his quality. 

Brandon has come a long ways from when his only offers were from the likes of IUPUI, North Dakota, and their ilk.

Now holds offers from IU, PU, and OSU.

Using a term I know you are familiar with.... after the PU and IU offers, any offers by schools like OSU..... are simply offers that are "limping in".   They know they don't hold the cards in this race, but are unwilling to fold.   Silly them.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Brandon has come a long ways from when his only offers were from the likes of IUPUI, North Dakota, and their ilk.

Now holds offers from IU, PU, and OSU.

Using a term I know you are familiar with.... after the PU and IU offers, any offers by schools like OSU..... are simply offers that are "limping in".   They know they don't hold the cards in this race, but are unwilling to fold.   Silly them.

You’re the man Mile. You have no idea how much I hate poker metaphors but not only  is that acceptable here, it actually brought a smile to my face and gave me a chuckle. Very well done sir.

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

You’re the man Mile. You have no idea how much I hate poker metaphors but not only  is that acceptable here, it actually brought a smile to my face and gave me a chuckle. Very well done sir.

Thank you, sir.  Appreciate all that you bring to HSN in terms of discussion.

5 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Very interesting - may change his recruiting up?  I believe this is where Ben Simmons went.

Well, one thing is for sure.  The B1G schools who have offered will have to travel a lot further to watch Brandon play.

I don’t like the sound of that.. Seems strange, maybe looking at getting recruited by other schools. Every good  baller growing up dreams of playing in the NBA. IU has a good track record but maybe raising his stock is more important right now. Not saying he doesn’t pick us, just call me confused.

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Very interesting - may change his recruiting up?  I believe this is where Ben Simmons went.

That was my first thought too. Maybe he he wants to see more schools get involved in his recruiting. Possible that he just isn’t happy with the tier 1 level schools right now because he may not be a high priority signing or maybe he thinks the playing time isn’t there. Change of scenery and get himself in front of some other top division 1 schools might afford him some offers and give him some fall back plans or maybe he has always wanted to play for a school outside the BIG footprint. Hard to say so many variables not including the family side but it does make you wonder why the change. I’m sure someone will get the insider info and share. Looking forward to hearing if it changes anything with our recruiting.

Archived