Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Also even if they are a big man school who does Purdue have signed on an NBA roster? We have Thomas Bryant and Noah Vonleh! Just saying out of the two schools you come to IU to be developed and become an NBA player!

That's what makes Painter's pitch to TJD so funny.

1 hour ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Also even if they are a big man school who does Purdue have signed on an NBA roster? We have Thomas Bryant and Noah Vonleh! Just saying out of the two schools you come to IU to be developed and become an NBA player!

+ Cody

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well we have Vic, EJ, and Yogi.  What guards does PU have in the league?

Is EJ Eric Gordon? I just never heard him called that....didn't want to seem dumb but...well maybe I am....thought maybe for a sec we had another player I'd forgotten.

19 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well we have Vic, EJ, and Yogi.  What guards does PU have in the league?

E'twaun Moore would be the only one. He's had a solid career. Not trying to compare us to them.. just answering the question. Victor is already our most successful pro other than Isaiah, correct?

3 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

So, Painter never offered Cody or Eric Gordon.  Got it.  That's all I need to know.

Yeah...talk about cherry-picking your stats, including the arbitrary cut-off at 2005, I can think of a lot of IU players drafted that Porky must have simply thought weren't good enough to offer.  Worthless homerish tweet.  Sounds like it came straight off GBI.

All I know is that this tweet is pure balony IU has had 6 players drafted not 5 since 2005 Gordon, Zeller, Oladipo , Noah Vonleh, Thomas Byrant and OG you would think our rival would do a little research before posting this garbage and that's not even considering the other two undrafted Hoosiers smh.

8 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

All I know is that this tweet is pure balony IU has had 6 players drafted not 5 since 2005 Gordon, Zeller, Oladipo , Noah Vonleh, Thomas Byrant and OG you would think our rival would do a little research before posting this garbage and that's not even considering the other two undrafted Hoosiers smh.

Their (silly) point was that Painter didn't offer any of the IU NBA players but IU offered those five drafted Purdue players.  While the statement may be factually accurate (I didn't fact check it), it's just plain dumb...as if Painter wouldn't have loved to have had players like Cody and Yogi.

It also ignores the fact that very few of Purdue's draft picks have managed to stick in the NBA.  The tweet is little- brotherish to the max.

13 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/brandon-newman-s-future-looks-bright-after-a-sizzling-summer

His quote about us...second best? That might be enough for me to say byeeeeeeeeeeee.

image.png.636e1efaa66df5ab1319e9704692b4a2.png

image.png.f68dced40d8eae3a431e44c27aa33e61.png

I think he called us the best, and then realized he should watch his words since he's being recruited by other Indiana schools, so he added in a rather clumsy correction.  His first instinct was to call us the best.

And honestly, I gave up on Crean when I realized we were the 4th best program in the state.  After the last two years, there are arguments that we are 6th.  Don't blame the recruit, it's an embarrassing state of affairs.  

9 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I think he called us the best, and then realized he should watch his words since he's being recruited by other Indiana schools, so he added in a rather clumsy correction.  His first instinct was to call us the best.

And honestly, I gave up on Crean when I realized we were the 4th best program in the state.  After the last two years, there are arguments that we are 6th.  Don't blame the recruit, it's an embarrassing state of affairs.  

That interpretation crossed my mind. So he turned a diss of Purdue into a diss of IU. 

Archived