Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ephul said:

Right now? Not IU. 

We're the best program in the state by far.  According to Forbes we're the 2nd most valuable program in the nation only slightly behind UK.  We have by far the best facilities and the biggest fan base of any instate program.  We'll also have the best team this season.  We're the only in state program who is a regular threat to land 5 star talent.  Yes, we've had an extremely incompetent administration for 20 years and several awful coaching hires but thankfully those days are over.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We're the best program in the state by far.  According to Forbes we're the 2nd most valuable program in the nation only slightly behind UK.  We have by far the best facilities and the biggest fan base of any instate program.  We'll also have the best team this season.  We're the only in state program who is a regular threat to land 5 star talent.  Yes, we've had an extremely incompetent administration for 20 years and several awful coaching hires but thankfully those days are over.

Yep. 

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's great that Forbes has us as 2nd most valuable. But I measure basketball success with wins and losses, and we simply haven't been good for a while. It's pretty simple.

Is that changing? We certainly hope so and it appears to be. But until we win, we aren't the best program. 

12 minutes ago, ephul said:

That's great that Forbes has us as 2nd most valuable. But I measure basketball success with wins and losses, and we simply haven't been good for a while. It's pretty simple.

Is that changing? We certainly hope so and it appears to be. But until we win, we aren't the best program. 

Absolutely 

11 minutes ago, ephul said:

The vast majority of the college basketball world disagrees with your opinion. But you are entitled to your own views. 

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The vast majority of the college basketball world disagrees with your opinion. But you are entitled to your own views. 

What do you disagree with? You don't measure success by wins and losses?

I don't question whether we are the most profitable. We simply aren't the most successful on the court.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:45 PM, Calihoosier said:

All I know is that this tweet is pure balony IU has had 6 players drafted not 5 since 2005 Gordon, Zeller, Oladipo , Noah Vonleh, Thomas Byrant and OG you would think our rival would do a little research before posting this garbage and that's not even considering the other two undrafted Hoosiers smh.

He's referring to only kids who had offers from both schools. Of those 10 kids, only 5 were drafted. Those 5 went to PU. 

16 minutes ago, ephul said:

What do you disagree with? You don't measure success by wins and losses?

I don't question whether we are the most profitable. We simply aren't the most successful on the court.

Mostly recently successful on the court =/= best program

By the way...Newman isn't alluding to Butler as the program that IU is behind.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Mostly recently successful on the court =/= best program

By the way...Newman isn't alluding to Butler as the program that IU is behind.

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree. We haven't been consistently good for awhile. If I'm a recruit, of course I pick IU for the facilities, fan base, etc.

But in terms of most successful, it hasn't been us. If success wasn't measured by wins and losses, Tom Crean would still be here.

Just now, ephul said:

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree. We haven't been consistently good for awhile. If I'm a recruit, of course I pick IU for the facilities, fan base, etc.

But in terms of most successful, it hasn't been us. If success wasn't measured by wins and losses, Tom Crean would still be here.

You are the one that brought the term "successful" into the discussion. The discussion is "best program" not "most successful".

17 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Butler is the only program in the state that can claim to have had more success than IU in the 21st century.

Purdue has won 368 games since 2000-01 season 

ND has won 403 games 

Butler has won 426 games

IU has won 343 games 

47 minutes ago, ephul said:

You're living in the past.  Come forward to the present; it's a good time in which to live.

11 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You are the one that brought the term "successful" into the discussion. The discussion is "best program" not "most successful".

What do you use to define "best program"? Fred Glass agrees in part that it's wins and losses. And that's why he fired Tom Crean. We simply haven't been winning enough

2 minutes ago, ephul said:

What do you use to define "best program"? Fred Glass agrees in part that it's wins and losses. And that's why he fired Tom Crean. We simply haven't been winning enough

History, prestige, facilities, reputation, fan base, and yes, current success all play a part into who the best program is. To isolate one aspect and use it to say IU isn't the best program is just silly.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

History, prestige, facilities, reputation, fan base, and yes, current success all play a part into who the best program is. To isolate one aspect and use it to say IU isn't the best program is just silly.

And I'd say 90% of recruits and fans would rank current success as the biggest factor. I don't know about you, but the last 2-3 decades haven't seemed like we have the best program. Hence, losing Indiana recruits, and notoriety for that matter.

Again, I agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, ephul said:

And I'd say 90% of recruits and fans would rank current success as the biggest factor. I don't know about you, but the last 2-3 decades haven't seemed like we have the best program. Hence, losing Indiana recruits, and notoriety for that matter.

Again, I agree to disagree.

Interesting...what recruits have we lost to in-state programs that we were truly after? Losing recruits to out of state programs is, of course, irrelevant.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Purdue has won 368 games since 2000-01 season 

ND has won 403 games 

Butler has won 426 games

IU has won 343 games 

What DJ said.  No one cares about raw win totals.  Would be interesting to see the numbers of wins over ranked teams in that time period though.  I would be willing to bet IU has the most, but maybe not.

Archived