Brandon Newman Commits to Purdue

milehiiu

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

This is his roster starting now.  Seeking6 sounds like those Mike Davis supporters saying we couldn't start to evaluate him until Sean Kline and Donald Perry had graduated which would've been like year 5 because they weren't his recruits and the roster wasn't his yet.

Drawing an analogy like that? All I said was Archie has a couple years to construct. You seem like Chelcie Ross. Yes...google him. This is year 2 for Archie. Chill....Hoosier Fan.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Drawing an analogy like that? All I said was Archie has a couple years to construct. You seem like Chelcie Ross. Yes...google him. This is year 2 for Archie. Chill....Hoosier Fan.

I am very chill and I think he's doing a great job.  I'm only saying that he has a very good roster this season so it's not unfair to expect him to perform.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I am very chill and I think he's doing a great job.  I'm only saying that he has a very good roster this season so it's not unfair to expect him to perform.

Actually you said I sound like those Mike Davis supporters saying we couldn't evaluate blah, blah, blah....Archie won't have his thing in place for another year. So chill. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Actually you said I sound like those Mike Davis supporters saying we couldn't evaluate blah, blah, blah....Archie won't have his thing in place for another year. So chill. 

Well you do seem to be saying we can't evaluate yet.  I say we don't need to wait another year.  He has a B1G player of the year contender in Morgan.  Romeo who will likely be as good on offense as any player in the country.  Solid guards in Green, Durham, and Phinissee.  A big in Fitz who can shoot the lights out.  Two stud forwards in Smith and Hunter along with a lock down defender in McRoberts.  Not to mention Davis, Anderson, Moore, and Forrester.  So it's unfair to expect to contend for the B1G and a Sweet 16?  Just askin.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Looks like we are losing another one? :(

I am not sure we ever had Brandon.  As much as I have advocated for him for IU.... I don't think we ever had a hold on him. It's tough getting a kid out of NWI.  Brandon could, and still could break the pattern.  Anyway. For me it has always been a long shot.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I am not sure we ever had Brandon.  As much as I have advocated for him for IU.... I don't think we ever had a hold on him. It's tough getting a kid out of NWI.  Brandon could, and still could break the pattern.  Anyway. For me it has always been a long shot.

Nonsense.  The IU offer is the one Brandon had been waiting on.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Based on?

dmb is referring to a statement from Brandon, himself.  He did in fact say, he was waiting on an offer from IU. It's on line.  And we have published it on HSN. I am thinking it was a red herring on his part, and....  still..... I am not confident in rounding up this "region rat" for the Cream and Crimson. I have gotten to the point that I would be highly surprised seeing Newman in Candy Stripes.  You can take a region rat out of the region.... but it is hard to take the Black and Gold out of many region rats.  Hurts me to say that... but it is true.  And, again... I don't know why.

Archived