2023 Jamie Kaiser Jr. Committed to Maryland

Indykev

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Who???

A high school basketball player that not only Indiana, Wisconsin, and Virginia have deemed worthy of offering, but Harvard and Columbia have looked at as well.  I think that means he's not only good at basketball, but excels in the classroom.   

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It's very simple it translates to vocal leadership and toughness. Am I right

Oh absolutely. And just.. QBs aren't just responsible for themselves, they have to own the entire offense, even the team sometimes. 

QBs/PGs/Ps generally have "extra mental toughness" 

And you remember what the General said about mental toughness? 

• Like 1

I do not know if it’s the hardest position in sports but I’d say it’s the most important, or the most impactful to put it another way.  It has got an out-sized importance.  Leadership is critical.  If you pay attention to the sidelines you can see good leaders go to the defensive players, or at the least the leaders on that side, and exhort them to make a stop.  If your QB doesn’t have that, it’s a minus.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

Oh absolutely. And just.. QBs aren't just responsible for themselves, they have to own the entire offense, even the team sometimes. 

What was it?  Mental is to physical as 3 is to 1 or something like that.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

I remember watching Illinois this year and seeing a freshman Goode just barking, pointing, and directing people.  I think it was Rico that reminded us that he was a high school qb.  Maybe he will want to transfer over once Kopp graduates.  I love guys like that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I remember watching Illinois this year and seeing a freshman Goode just barking, pointing, and directing people.  I think it was Rico that reminded us that he was a high school qb.  Maybe he will want to transfer over once Kopp graduates.  I love guys like that.  

Multiple sport athletes. Love it! 

• Like 2

Oh snap. I just watched his football highlights... holy hell he has a strong arm, and that hit he laid on that defender on the sideline, gets me all excited. Switched over to his bball highlights, incredibly evident he has spent some time in the weight room. That's a strong dude, and seems like he can flick it. 

VT, WF, IU, BC, UW, and UVA have all offered in the last month. 

33 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not an Urban Meyer fan but no one can argue with his results... he's big on multiple sport athletes. 

There is someone on Wisconsin, can't remember who that was a qb as well.  Gard was talking about it this past season and says he targets guys like that.  

It's our turn.