2023 Jamie Kaiser Jr. Committed to Maryland

Indykev

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

There is someone on Wisconsin, can't remember who that was a qb as well.  Gard was talking about it this past season and says he targets guys like that.  

It's our turn.  

Johnny Davis was QB at Lacrosse Central High School 

I think Brad Davison (that dirty SOB) played QB in high school too...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of two sports, Quinn Buckner.  Not a quarterback but a DB (safety, I think?).  I was too young to pay attention to him in football but my understanding is that he was the real deal.  I think he was extremely highly recruited in basketball including by John Wooden, Michigan etc.  One of the most consequential IU athletes ever.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 3:18 PM, btownqb said:

Oh absolutely. And just.. QBs aren't just responsible for themselves, they have to own the entire offense, even the team sometimes. 

QBs/PGs/Ps generally have "extra mental toughness" 

And you remember what the General said about mental toughness? 

The mental is to the physical as 2 is to 1.

• Like 1

On the other board I saw that he is planning to commit at the end of the month. He'll not have visited IU at that time. I don't like our chances.

He's already visited Wisconsin and Virginia with planned visits to Maryland and West Virginia. I'd expect his final choice to come from 1 of those 4. 

On a side note, his ranking is all over the place. 247 has him at #77 but his composite is #167. Has he just not had much exposure? Sounds like a good player.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Speaking of two sports, Quinn Buckner.  Not a quarterback but a DB (safety, I think?).  I was too young to pay attention to him in football but my understanding is that he was the real deal.  I think he was extremely highly recruited in basketball including by John Wooden, Michigan etc.  One of the most consequential IU athletes ever.  

Buckner played 2 years of football at IU as a safety and punt and kick-off returner.  He was 2d team B1G at safety his sophomore year.  Quinn's father was a backup on IU's 1945 undefeated team.  Quinn was Chicago area player of the year in both football and basketball as well as an AA in HS in both sports.  He was drafted by the Washington Redskins, but he told them he would be playing basketball.  Guess that turned out OK.

He had his own "walk-in" song.  "The Mighty Quinn" by Dylan which the IU band played early and often. 

"Come all without, come all within.

You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Buckner played 2 years of football at IU as a safety and punt and kick-off returner.  He was 2d team B1G at safety his sophomore year.  Quinn's father was a backup on IU's 1945 undefeated team.  Quinn was Chicago area player of the year in both football and basketball as well as an AA in HS in both sports.  He was drafted by the Washington Redskins, but he told them he would be playing basketball.  Guess that turned out OK.

He had his own "walk-in" song.  "The Mighty Quinn" by Dylan which the IU band played early and often. 

"Come all without, come all within.

You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn."

That was nothing less than awesome. It was his team all four years he was here. The "mighty Quinn" indeed. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

On the other board I saw that he is planning to commit at the end of the month. He'll not have visited IU at that time. I don't like our chances.

He's already visited Wisconsin and Virginia with planned visits to Maryland and West Virginia. I'd expect his final choice to come from 1 of those 4. 

On a side note, his ranking is all over the place. 247 has him at #77 but his composite is #167. Has he just not had much exposure? Sounds like a good player.

Apparently we are still in the mix-

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2023-wing-jamie-kaiser-working-to-set-up-june-indiana-visit/

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I really like that Cupps is working at recruiting. That means our incoming PG (JHS) and our future PG (Cupps) are recruiting before ever even playing a game. That shows a commitment and leadership. I love it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Did you really put those two in the same sentence?

Injured Klay not looking very quick 

both are 6’6” wings who could fill  it up 

probably quicker than Cline….99% of players are but he isn’t a slasher 

9 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Did you really put those two in the same sentence?

I don't know how many years we've been on this board. I always just read and move along. For the first time I just connected BobSaccamanno....Kramer/Del Boca Vista,etc....haha.

Sorry. I'm usually pretty good with things but I just thought it was a name. We were watching tv before bed and poof.....it hit me. 

To keep things on track I hope the kid chooses IU...haha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know how many years we've been on this board. I always just read and move along. For the first time I just connected BobSaccamanno....Kramer/Del Boca Vista,etc....haha.

Sorry. I'm usually pretty good with things but I just thought it was a name. We were watching tv before bed and poof.....it hit me. 

To keep things on track I hope the kid chooses IU...haha

Lol.  I used to be Abe Froman (the sausage king of Chicago from Ferris Bueller) at the last site.  I switched when we came over here.  The trend is both are unseen characters that get referenced.  

The problem is, after awhile, I get as bored with my handle as @5fouls does with his latest wife.  I need a change.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Lol.  I used to be Abe Froman (the sausage king of Chicago from Ferris Bueller) at the last site.  I switched when we came over here.  The trend is both are unseen characters that get referenced.  

The problem is, after awhile, I get as bored with my handle as @5fouls does with his latest wife.  I need a change.

Might be time for you to start thinking of a new name.  

• Like 3