MSU is in trouble

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Now is the worst time for ESPN to get ahold of something like this. They have literally nothing else to report on.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

Now is the worst time for ESPN to get ahold of something like this. They have literally nothing else to report on.

They've been ahold of this s*** the whole time. They've chosen when to write their stories. They could have played a much bigger role in this stuff surfacing when it all happened. 

ESPN has a tendency to swoop in and pretend they're some moral crusader who only values what is righteous, when in reality it's all based on what's good for business. I cant stand them. 

Brock Washington did it as an incoming freshman. He didn't even spend a semester there. 

Same thing for Keith Appling and Adreian Payne when they committed a rape. 

To me, it's obvious MSU has a culture that basketball players are above other students. Players can't be harmed and will be protected by all means necessary. Obviously coaching staff wouldn't promote wrongdoings, but it's the culture they have in the locker room. Even newbies in the program know they'd be protected and would get away with crimes.  

On 4/3/2020 at 9:21 AM, btownqb said:

They've been ahold of this s*** the whole time. They've chosen when to write their stories. They could have played a much bigger role in this stuff surfacing when it all happened. 

ESPN has a tendency to swoop in and pretend they're some moral crusader who only values what is righteous, when in reality it's all based on what's good for business. I cant stand them. 

Well it’s a catch 22. ESPN isn’t  a news organization no matter how they portray themselves, they’re a sports entertainment company. If they expose the frauds and the criminals in sports, they’re hurting the appeal of the people, teams and organizations that provide their content. I haven’t watched much ESPN outside of games or an occasional 30/30 in years. 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Well it’s a catch 22. ESPN isn’t  a news organization no matter how they portray themselves, they’re a sports entertainment company. If they expose the frauds and the criminals in sports, they’re hurting the appeal of the people, teams and organizations that provide their content. I haven’t watched much ESPN outside of games or an occasional 30/30 in years. 

Morals should trump $ in this instance. EVERYTIME

Archived