MSU is in trouble

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

If it is, they did a hell of a camoflage.  It's sure written as straight news.  Just hard to believe the subject matter.

The article is real. I was making a joke about the source; trying to make light of a pretty screwed up story. 

52 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

Ha! Thanks.

It is hard to believe that phrase could EVER actually be used literally. There are some sick puppies out there.

Yes there are.  For example, all the puppies that have ever come into contact with Isaac Haas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can do absolutely anything in this world and get away with it in terms of NCAA violations, except make phone calls, sell bumpers stickers, buy your host son a lap top or do a charity calendar.  You can it all just don't self report. Cheat like crazy and deny deny deny. You might win games but 1 day you will be called to answer for it all just not in front of the NCAA

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Billingsley99 said:

You can do absolutely anything in this world and get away with it in terms of NCAA violations, except make phone calls, sell bumpers stickers, buy your host son a lap top or do a charity calendar.  You can it all just don't self report. Cheat like crazy and deny deny deny. You might win games but 1 day you will be called to answer for it all just not in front of the NCAA

Did Louisville self report? I don't know all the details but I think it is fair to say the NCAA picks its winners and losers. Probably also didn't help that Myles Brand being over the NCAA and his animosity towards our athletic department specifically the basketball team. He probably grinned ear to ear when it came to his desk. Overall though I agree...if you are a Duke, NC, MSU, or Alabama or Texas football of the world you are best denying and sweeping it under the rug...if you fight it they will likely cave.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did Louisville self report? I don't know all the details but I think it is fair to say the NCAA picks its winners and losers. Probably also didn't help that Myles Brand being over the NCAA and his animosity towards our athletic department specifically the basketball team. He probably grinned ear to ear when it came to his desk. Overall though I agree...if you are a Duke, NC, MSU, or Alabama or Texas football of the world you are best denying and sweeping it under the rug...if you fight it they will likely cave.

Very true reality unfortunately, and a terrible precedent to set by the NCAA when cheating allegations/rumors are so rampant in today's game.

These concepts are like parenting 101, yet somehow the NCAA glosses over them time and again

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

While MSU is sweeping rape under the rug, Archie brought in a gang rape survivor to talk to the team. 

Her story is phenomenal for those who don't know. Quite impressive and glad Archie brought her in. PS....still waiting for Tom Izzo to discuss things when the timing is right. His words last spring not mine. Hope the media or someone up there has strength to keep asking/saying we're waiting for comment Tom. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Her story is phenomenal for those who don't know. Quite impressive and glad Archie brought her in. PS....still waiting for Tom Izzo to discuss things when the timing is right. His words last spring not mine. Hope the media or someone up there has strength to keep asking/saying we're waiting for comment Tom. 

I remember hearing her on ESPN.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/21/stanford-football-team-meets-with-rape-survivor-to-troubleshoot-culture-of-sexual-violence/

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The situation with Izzo is what made the situation with Urban Meyer so baffling to me.  What went on in Izzo’s program was way, way worse.  But all he had to do was give a couple awkward interviews, and then everyone just totally dropped it?  Meanwhile Meyer gets suspended for three games.  What gives?

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The situation with Izzo is what made the situation with Urban Meyer so baffling to me.  What went on in Izzo’s program was way, way worse.  But all he had to do was give a couple awkward interviews, and then everyone just totally dropped it?  Meanwhile Meyer gets suspended for three games.  What gives?

$$$$$$$$$$$

Archived