MSU is in trouble

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Naive? 

No, as of this time there’s been no indication he had any knowledge of this stuff, and in my opinion no reason to believe he did. Whatever man 

The key words hidden in there are "at this time".  But if Izzo does go down, his staff will go with him.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Naive? 

No, as of this time there’s been no indication he had any knowledge of this stuff, and in my opinion no reason to believe he did. Whatever man 

How is their lead assistant and didn't know about this stuff.. c'mon now. I'm a HS coach and hear nearly everything about our players, he knows 90% of went on. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hypothetically, let's just say he didn't know.... my question at that point is How? How does he not know??.. a basketball team isn't that big. 

We’re talking pretty generally here - what exactly is it naive to think he didn’t know, as in what are you saying i’m Saying he didn’t know? Hypothetically and all

for what it’s worth (really not much since we’re taking DI college ball) i’ve coached a number of soccer and basketball teams. There’s lots of stuff I didn’t know, until later 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We’re talking pretty generally here - what exactly is it naive to think he didn’t know, as in what are you saying i’m Saying he didn’t know? 

I think it's naive to believe he didn't know of the alleged rapes that happened by the MSU basketball players. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

At what point? You think he was involved in deliberate non-reporting, you think he knew once stuff began to become public? 

There isn't a grey area here.. if he knew ANYTHING literally anything at all and didn't report it.. it looks awful on him. I have no idea what he was involved in exactly.. for him not to know?.. no, can't buy that. 

I think he knew at some point before things were made public. However, these guys are going to circle the wagons. If he doesn't stay loyal to Izzo, not only will he not keep his job at MSU, but he'll also gain the label of being untrustworthy. Hard to find work with that hanging around your neck.

Don't like or agree with any of this but the only way Fife has a future is to deny, deny, deny.

6 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I think he knew at some point before things were made public. However, these guys are going to circle the wagons. If he doesn't stay loyal to Izzo, not only will he not keep his job at MSU, but he'll also gain the label of being untrustworthy. Hard to find work with that hanging around your neck.

Don't like or agree with any of this but the only way Fife has a future is to deny, deny, deny.

His morals would be recognized by other coaches with guts. The only thing necessary for evil to exist is for good men to do nothing. I'm sorry but what allegedly went on at MSU is bigger than his coaching job MSU 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There isn't a grey area here.. if he knew ANYTHING literally anything at all and didn't report it.. it looks awful on him. I have no idea what he was involved in exactly.. for him not to know?.. no, can't buy that. 

So I think that before you make a sweeping conclusion and call me naive for not assuming that he had to know something, it's better to talk specifics.

The allegations and the university's story (as little credibility I give to MSU) from what I understand at this point have some similarities.  MSU says the athletics and basketball programs were not informed of her allegations. The counseling staffer, when she reported it in April 2015, took it to another counseling staffer in the room, per the U. She did not go to the school's sexual assault program for ten months (she was, obviously understandably, in bad shape and the counselors had failed her and their responsibilities) -- this is not in dispute. She did not file a police report (including per her attorney). The school acknowledges her father told her adviser about her allegations, and the adviser (supposedly)  went to MSU police, but the police did not have names or information on any of the players because she did not respond to their inquiry (per the police). (Please do NOT say I'm being critical of the victim here, I'm not, I'm just talking about the information I am aware of that is out there, as to how that relates to how the allegations would go back to Fife, and,  more specifically, when.) The school contends, in its response, that the athletic dept. and coaching staff were not informed or knew and that is why they didn't investigate her allegations. I have no idea if that is complete BS, but one possibility is that the idiots in the counseling center, who (she alleges) steered her away from pursuing it once they understood MSU bball players were involved, buried it. 

I believe the victim, I think this is yet another horrible example of what a horrific school environment MSU created. But I don't see the fact that make it naive to think Fife didn't know at the time. If there are additional facts that show he did, that could change my thinking. That's not naive though, brother.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So I think that before you make a sweeping conclusion and call me naive for not assuming that he had to know something, it's better to talk specifics.

The allegations and the university's story (as little credibility I give to MSU) from what I understand at this point have some similarities.  MSU says the athletics and basketball programs were not informed of her allegations. The counseling staffer, when she reported it in April 2015, took it to another counseling staffer in the room, per the U. She did not go to the school's sexual assault program for ten months (she was, obviously understandably, in bad shape and the counselors had failed her and their responsibilities) -- this is not in dispute. She did not file a police report (including per her attorney). The school acknowledges her father told her adviser about her allegations, and the adviser (supposedly)  went to MSU police, but the police did not have names or information on any of the players because she did not respond to their inquiry (per the police). (Please do NOT say I'm being critical of the victim here, I'm not, I'm just talking about the information I am aware of that is out there, as to how that relates to how the allegations would go back to Fife, and,  more specifically, when.) The school contends, in its response, that the athletic dept. and coaching staff were not informed or knew and that is why they didn't investigate her allegations. I have no idea if that is complete BS, but one possibility is that the idiots in the counseling center, who (she alleges) steered her away from pursuing it once they understood MSU bball players were involved, buried it. 

I believe the victim, I think this is yet another horrible example of what a horrific school environment MSU created. But I don't see the fact that make it naive to think Fife didn't know at the time. If there are additional facts that show he did, that could change my thinking. That's not naive though, brother.

As an assistant coach you hear things about your players. Somewhere along the way these coaches found out well before others knew, they simply hear things.. it happens everywhere. It happened at Penn St. 

Just now, btownqb said:

As an assistant coach you hear things about your players. Somewhere along the way these coaches found out well before others knew, they simply hear things.. it happens everywhere. It happened at Penn St. 

You've just clinched that you're relying on pure assumption, despite, or while not actually knowing the facts of the allegations, from the police, and from the victim, and the questions raised by MSU's response. Again, I consider MSU a horrible institution at this point, but man, if you don't see that saying I'm naive was off base here, then I don't know what to tell you.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You've just clinched that you're relying on pure assumption, despite, or while not actually knowing the facts of the allegations, from the police, and from the victim, and the questions raised by MSU's response. Again, I consider MSU a horrible institution at this point, but man, if you don't see that saying I'm naive was off base here, then I don't know what to tell you.

I think it's naive to believe Fife didn't know of what was going on MSU. If he didn't know then he might have been living under a rock, I guess. I've read up on the subject just as you have. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I think it's naive to believe Fife didn't know of what was going on MSU. If he didn't know then he might have been living under a rock, I guess. I've read up on the subject just as you have. 

And I think you're being obstinate. What you said above was naive was that he didn't know about the alleged rape of this woman. I just went through the facts of her allegations, the MSU response, and the police's supposed non-investigation because of her non-reporting. You're insisting on saying I'm naive here is petty, man.

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yep. No reason to inform a coaching staff, who already knew.  Great way to cover for the staff, by saying they were never informed, of something they already knew about. 

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep. No reason to inform a coaching staff, who already knew.  Great way to cover for the staff, by saying they were never informed, of something they already knew about. 

Yep, if you had any facts, you know facts, reports, anything, to support that, then "yep" you'd have a point. But you don't.

11 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And I think you're being obstinate. What you said above was naive was that he didn't know about the alleged rape of this woman. I just went through the facts of her allegations, the MSU response, and the police's supposed non-investigation because of her non-reporting. You're insisting on saying I'm naive here is petty, man.

That's fine you feel that way. If Fife wasn't an IU guy you would have a different tone on this subject. The entire MSU staff knew of what went on that night, or had a pretty good idea. 

31 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yep, if you had any facts, you know facts, reports, anything, to support that, then "yep" you'd have a point. But you don't.

You're right, there are no facts that show Fife knew anything. But you also have to acknowledge there are no facts that support him not knowing. No one is talking about throwing Fife in jail, it's fine to look at the circumstantial evidence and draw a conclusion. I'd be curious to understand, other than a lack of information, either way, what about this situation makes you think Fife didn't know about the issues at some point? Or if you think he knew after that happened, why is it okay in your mind that he did nothing with the information? 

These are my thoughts.  I believe Fife absolutely knew/knows.  If he did then one has to question why he didn't come forward?  One would also have to question if he didn't know why hasn't he moved on?  Cut ties with the school and get out from under that dark cloud?  I mean after all, he could be committing career suicide.  I dunno.

Archived