MSU is in trouble

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

$$$$$$$$$$$

Make nice with the media and they stop asking. Urban's been a prick for decade plus....they want to grill him. Izzo on the other hand has been pretty good with the media and they don't ask questions. Think Bobby Bowden. That SOB cheated more than about anyone at FSU but he was such an awww shucks guy no asked anything else.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:01 PM, Seeking6 said:

Make nice with the media and they stop asking. Urban's been a prick for decade plus....they want to grill him. Izzo on the other hand has been pretty good with the media and they don't ask questions. Think Bobby Bowden. That SOB cheated more than about anyone at FSU but he was such an awww shucks guy no asked anything else.

That’s exactly what it was IMO.  The uproar over Meyer was more about the fact that he lied to the almighty media than the fact that he employed a known wife beater.

North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan State...the audacity of the mendacity. 

I think negative recruiting is not the smart way to go.  I’m sure some recruits or their parents would find that unprofessional.  I’m sure some want to know why you’re good, not why the other guy is bad.  

But, man, would I be tempted to pound them if I were in a recruiting battle with them. 

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan State...the audacity of the mendacity. 

I think negative recruiting is not the smart way to go.  I’m sure some recruits or their parents would find that unprofessional.  I’m sure some want to know why you’re good, not why the other guy is bad.  

But, man, would I be tempted to pound them if I were in a recruiting battle with them. 

They could just print some of the articles and "accidentally" leave them during an in-home visit. 🙊

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/tom-izzo-breaks-his-silence-on-how-he-handled-sexual-assault-allegations-against-former-michigan-state

He sure acted like there was something to hide last season. Amazing what a few months and the right "coaching" from a spin doctor can do to change the narrative.

Bad link?

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Michigan Special Prosecutor's report states the MSU hindered the investigation.

Five people at MSU have been indicted including former MSU President Lou Anna Simon for lying to the police.  Her attorney says the charges are baseless.  Yea, right.

Thanks for the update. 

3 hours ago, slojoe said:

Michigan Special Prosecutor's report states the MSU hindered the investigation.

Five people at MSU have been indicted including former MSU President Lou Anna Simon for lying to the police.  Her attorney says the charges are baseless.  Yea, right.

That's about as sad a mess there is. I mean between the mess that became of Detroit....the water up there and the scandals at the University....they might as well adopt Chicago as that is one disgustingly corrupt place! I don't care if they offered my daughter a full ride (of course that might mean something different to their school) I would never send her there. Just awful!

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That's about as sad a mess there is. I mean between the mess that became of Detroit....the water up there and the scandals at the University....they might as well adopt Chicago as that is one disgustingly corrupt place! I don't care if they offered my daughter a full ride (of course that might mean something different to their school) I would never send her there. Just awful!

Actually Detroit has been going through a renaissance! Also read President Obama's daughter is hinting at attending UofM! That being said I used to live less than an hour from MSU and no my kids who grew up in Michigan were not going there!

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You could say that the whole state is going to pot

😬

16 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Actually Detroit has been going through a renaissance! Also read President Obama's daughter is hinting at attending UofM! That being said I used to live less than an hour from MSU and no my kids who grew up in Michigan were not going there!

My niece goes to UofM. Kid is amazing. She’s going to change the world.  

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Bumping this, as new development.

Hopefully, her presser with parents today forces Izzo to have to come out and address this, more than a year after he said it was not the right time....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26489699/msu-student-reported-rape-reveals-identity

Thanks, for the update SH.  Take this report together with the state prosecuter's report that I mentioned back in December, and there is a real mess up there in Lansing. 

Archived