MSU is in trouble

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dantonio has come out and said the allegations against the football team are false! I will assume Izzo will as well.

As I said before, I think both are done. MSU can’t keep either one after the Nassar stuff. This whole situation is utterly sad and pathetic. If MSU wants to keep any kind reputation, they won’t let them “retire”, they will fire them!

Izzo has never been good with quick words. He's going to lose this one no doubt. It's the reason most attorneys say shut up.

I don't like witch hunts. Coach Knight dealt with them for years. Right now if I was advising Izzo I would say no further comment. Let the continued investigation proceed. Just poorly executed. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Izzo has never been good with quick words. He's going to lose this one no doubt. It's the reason most attorneys say shut up.

I don't like witch hunts. Coach Knight dealt with them for years. Right now if I was advising Izzo I would say no further comment. Let the continued investigation proceed. Just poorly executed. 

I would agree

Izzo looked like a man with a ton of weight on his shoulders during his Wisconsin post game PC.  At least to me, he did.  Was it an acting job ? I don't know.  Completely different than the defiant DeAntonio (Sp?) PC earlier in the day.

Let's not forget that some of these allegations go back for decades, now.  And who was one of Izzo's assistants back then ? Now... I am not saying the Tom Crean was part of the alleged coverups.  However, knowing how good of friends Izzo and Crean have been through the years.... with Izzo serving as an usher at Crean's wedding, and all... how much information they either knew was going on at MSU in terms of the gymnastics doc.... or shared about what was happening in both the FB and BB programs over the years.

I have recently stated in another thread, how much I like Crean as a tv analyst.  So.... now I am wondering what.... if anything.... he has to say about the recent allegations coming from ESPN (his employer) about what has gone on at MSU for reportedly decades. 

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

So is there proof that Izzo was hiding stuff ?  Do you think MSU would really fire Tom? 

I would have to think that a lot has to come out of the wash, before making that decision.  And presently.... who at MSU has the authority to fire any coach ?

I imagine the BOT could come together, if need be. 

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

So is there proof that Izzo was hiding stuff ?

In this case, there does not have to be more proof.  In 2010 there was the Appling / Payne 'incident' ( I feel dirty calling it an incident as though to downplay it ).  No discipline for his players then for their crime.  If I knew years ago what had happened and what his player admitted to, he certainly knew what was going on.

The more I read and hear about this the more I can't see Izzo or DeAntonio having jobs when all is said and done...

Izzo can claim there is no truth to the retirement at the season's end, but I seem to recall Patino stating he was going to coach one more season at PSU and how did that turn out for him?!

I don't think MSU will be able to allow Izzo to continue to coach.   The longer he coaches the longer Nassar and the athletic department's sins will be repeated and/or become known to the public and MSU grads, students, and supporters.  It will be a PR nightmare.  When they make the NCAAT, it will be a major story line. 

Izzo will be gone soon.

It's going to get worse before it get's better for the "adults" in MSU administration and coaching-- as it should be.  Students marching on campus today and a rising discontent with the culture of protectionism in the athletic department.  Each statement by any of these people reflects the depth of the insanity in East Lansing.  I'm wondering if/when Izzo and Dantonio will have that choice to plan their exits taken from them...  tick tock  

With the "astonishing" news the the top NCAA wonks covered up, it makes me wonder:

Are these attitudes (if not the level of the crimes) ingrained in a segment of our modern athletic culture?  Are these things happening elsewhere?

Archived