TJD RETURNING to Indiana!!

20 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Top 15-20 with TJD returning.  If this team can learn how to hit threes and score consistently, could be a top 10 team and a final four darkhorse imo.

10-15 To start. Huge early games to move us one way or the other. KU, Zona, ACC, Big East.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

10-15 To start. Huge early games to move us one way or the other. KU, Zona, ACC, Big East.

The great thing about starting the year ranked is that unless you absolutely suck, you generally stay there all season even if you lose a couple early.  Those early ranked teams always seem to get the benefit of doubt in the rankings.  

• Like 2

Huge. Most talented IU team in years top to bottom. Hoping TJD brings that highlight jump shot with him.

We know what we have with TJD, Race, X, Kopp and most of the returning players if they play at their same levels. But we are hoping the younger guys take it up a notch or two. Tamar could be a monster if he gets his game together on either end of the court. Trey could be fantastic if he has adds a jump shot. Jordan may end up being the most physically talented player on the team. Leal and Duncomb could both see big jumps in improvement that help the team.

The additions of JHS, Malik, Kaleb and CJ is what makes this exciting. They give IU more athleticism and overall basketball skill than they've had on the bench in many years. 

As good as they were defensively much of last season i think they will be better next season. JHS bring another level of D at guard in a bigger more physical body. It really comes down to who on the team can develop a consistent outside shot or becomes a consistent scorer opposite of TJD. 

It's on in the B1G

• Like 1

I doubt any other big ten teams can say that are bringing back most of their top 10 players from last year.  I can't think of many who didn't lose their best player from last year. UM bringing back Dickerson but how many others can say that.

Maryland- no.

Rutgers- no 

PSU- yes.

OSU- no.

MSU- no.

Minnesota-?

UW- no.

NW- no.

PU- no.

UI- no.

Iowa- no.

Neb.- no.

UM- yes.

IU- yes

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt any other big ten teams can say that are bringing back most of their top 10 players from last year.  I can't think of many who didn't lose their best player from last year. UM bringing back Dickerson but how many others can say that.

Maryland- no.

Rutgers- no 

PSU- yes.

OSU- no.

MSU- no.

Minnesota-?

UW- no.

NW- no.

PU- no.

UI- no.

Iowa- no.

Neb.- no.

UM- yes.

IU- yes

Minny lost Payton Willis, but Jamison Battle, who I thought was their best player, returns...

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Maryland- no.

Rutgers- no 

PSU- yes.

OSU- no.

MSU- no.

Minnesota-?

UW- no.

NW- no.

PU- no.

UI- no.

Iowa- no.

Neb.- no.

UM- yes.

IU- yes

Just for the sake of discussion, OSU might be a yes since they get the Sueing kid back after missing last year due to injury.  I personally think that is huge for them.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Just for the sake of discussion, OSU might be a yes since they get the Sueing kid back after missing last year due to injury.  I personally think that is huge for them.

They lost Lidell and Brahnam both which is better than Sueing

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They lost Lidell and Brahnam both which is better than Sueing

Your post said bringing back most of their top ten players.  I wasn’t comparing Sueing to those other guys.  But Sueing is a returning starter so he fits the conversation.  Now, I don’t know who else OSU has back so maybe you’re right and the answer is still no.  I just thought it was noteworthy.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Your post said bringing back most of their top ten players.  I wasn’t comparing Sueing to those other guys.  But Sueing is a returning starter so he fits the conversation.  Now, I don’t know who else OSU has back so maybe you’re right and the answer is still no.  I just thought it was noteworthy.

That was the first paragraph but the rest is  teams who brought their best player back.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I gotta give kudos to @dbmhoosier. He started a thread on Gold and Black Illustrated about Trayce coming back...

Stirred up quite a hornet's nest of activity

If you want to see UK fan-level stupid, this is the forum:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/tjd.231711/

I know @Stlboiler23 will tell us this isn't really representative of Turdue fans, but what a great public impression these morons make.  I swear, TwinDegrees must have one in janitorial studies and the other in binary counting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If you want to see UK fan-level stupid, this is the forum:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/tjd.231711/

I know @Stlboiler23 will tell us this isn't really representative of Turdue fans, but what a great public impression these morons make.  I swear, TwinDegrees must have one in janitorial studies and the other in binary counting.

Every free board is a cesspool lol. I saw a doozy of one on IU’s free board about Milton Wright that had some pretty bad takes too. Just have to laugh and move on.