TJD RETURNING to Indiana!!

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Agreed about not being individual to a degree.  I do also agree that Cody Zeller has been the most important players to come to IU in the last 20 years.  His choice really moved IU out of the basement after Sampson-Gate.  His signing was really big.  I wish he and Oladipo had stayed one more year.  I really do think they would have had a chance at a national title.

I really like Trace but i am not sure i am ever going to put him in the legendary players of IU.  Great Kid, HUGE Heart, Important to the team for sure.  But legendary isn't something i associate with him.  Now, if he wins NPOY and/or a National title this year, i will revisit my opinion.  I do appreciate everything he has done for the last 4 years.  Great team and individual player.

And i do hope he cements himself as a legend and brings banner #6 home this year.

Just my thoughts.  I know it will be different than many others.  And i appreciate those opinions too.

This is a really good post. 

I don't think, as of now, TJD was as impactful then CZ... I simply don't like the "well this guy just isn't that good because of team success." 

Like.. TJD is veryyyyy good. I have no clue where he is in regards to legend status/whatever, but his love for IU cannot be questioned. 

My goodness am I excited. 22-23 is going to be a lot of fun!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This is a really good post. 

I don't think, as of now, TJD was as impactful then CZ... I simply don't like the "well this guy just isn't that good because of team success." 

Like.. TJD is veryyyyy good. I have no clue where he is in regards to legend status/whatever, but his love for IU cannot be questioned. 

My goodness am I excited. 22-23 is going to be a lot of fun!

With the talent, leadership and coaching we have on this team.  I honestly will be disappointed if we don't compete for a B1G title and a S16 run.  Unless something extraordinary happens to derail us, we should be hard to beat on any given night. 

I too an excited about this coming year.  I want to brag again.  I want to rub titles in peoples faces.  I want AH to be feared again when people look at their schedule.

• Like 6

How will Purdue have a chance?

1.  Once again big ten schools get a 5th or 6th year player(Iowa & Wisconsin don’t win without dirty SOB & Bohanon)

2.  Portal 

3.  NIL

4.  IU has 2  ️  Purdue has had one in 30 years?

5.  IU has an “NBA” coach 

seriously…Purdue has no players you wanted besides Morton Furst & TKR 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

1.  Once again big ten schools get a 5th or 6th year player(Iowa & Wisconsin don’t win without dirty SOB & Bohanon)

2.  Portal 

3.  NIL

4.  IU has 2  ️  Purdue has had one in 30 years?

5.  IU has an “NBA” coach 

They’ll win by out toughing and out executing and by playing with a chip on their shoulder. Purdue is a much much better hunter school then when they are the ones being hunted. Meaning they don’t really excel when being the favorite. They excel at having guys that got overlooked and wanted to play at OSU, MSU, and IU and then want to stick it to them…playing in a system that is perfect for that under Painter. They will be just fine. No…they blew their NC chances with the best team they will likely have this decade but eventually everything will line up again in 5-6 years and they will have another top 15 team and have another shot. It’s a really good program…it’s just not a great program and thus won’t have a shot year after year like some of the blue bloods. I don’t consider IU even in that category unless the program gets fully turned around. Can that be done…well this year I think can be a tipping point in that battle for relevancy again so I hope so. But Purdue is always going to be that team that will battle 4-5 in the league year in and out and overachieve…and when they get a senior laden class will even win a B1G title. But no doubt last year had to hurt. Lottery picks don’t fall out of the sky for them…especially when combined with multiple other all conference players. It was a huge missed opportunity.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All I have to say to IU fans is this….it was nice having no expectations before….and we made fun of Purdue for underachieving…but now the shoe is on the other foot….hope we do a better job then they did….or we will deserve to hear about it.

I understand why Purdue's season can be viewed as disappointing, but if we get a 3 seed and make the sweet 16, I won't be disappointed.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All I have to say to IU fans is this….it was nice having no expectations before….and we made fun of Purdue for underachieving…but now the shoe is on the other foot….hope we do a better job then they did….or we will deserve to hear about it.

Meh. If you're not expecting anything, why compete? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

2.  Portal 

3.  NIL

4.  IU has 2  ️  

Morton Furst?  Is he Caleb's brother?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Meh. If you're not expecting anything, why compete? 

I love having expectations….I’m just not bragging about anything until I fulfill them….we got a bunch of giddy school girls running around here. Purdue had expectations last year and we really lit into them when they fell short. I just hope we achieve ours because the way people are acting what goes around comes around is all I’m saying.

3 hours ago, Blazin Hazin said:

I understand why Purdue's season can be viewed as disappointing, but if we get a 3 seed and make the sweet 16, I won't be disappointed.

Neither would I…and I do think we should be going into the last week of the season with a shot at B1G championship and playing into the second weekend of the tourney. Im thrilled with the possibility!

Just now, dgambill said:

I love having expectations….I’m just not bragging about anything until I fulfill them….we got a bunch of giddy school girls running around here. Purdue had expectations last year and we really lit into them when they fell short. I just hope we achieve ours because the way people are acting what goes around comes around is all I’m saying.

I think this is the first time I have had high expectations for IU since 2016.  It is just not about our roster but looking at the other big ten teams and what they lost.  If UM loses both Diabate and Houstan I don't see another team that would be any better than we can be.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bustout said:

Given Woodys two unit approach, if JHS starts, I think IU still has a question mark as another PG.   TG could fill it for a bit and JHS if he’s in, but this is where Rob was perfect last year.    

And agree - shooting will still be the reason IU loses games. 

Even as freshman JHS way way better than Sr. Rob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think this is the first time I have had high expectations for IU since 2016.  It is just not about our roster but looking at the other big ten teams and what they lost.  If UM loses both Diabate and Houstan I don't see another team that would be any better than we can be.

No doubt. We have a veteran laden team…and some great young pieces that should give us a talent lift. On paper we have the team to beat. With some big non-conference games we should be tested…o think this season can be special. All I was saying is I’m not celebrating anything just yet til we do something and i certainly am not going on other schools forums to run my mouth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

I will be running my mouth all over rival school's forums...btw, my handle on those sites is dgambill2.

Lol….good one! still would be better than having Scott imitate me with his takes lol. I joke I joke!

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 1

I am curious to find out how many guys returned or signed on thinking TJD and or Race were gone opening 60+ minutes a game 

5 stars & lottery players are great if they buy in…..Ivey never really did.

i think if none of the young guns can beat out Kopp you might be in trouble.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

5 stars & lottery players are great if they buy in…..Ivey never really did.

Gotta feeling that Woodson will handle Prima Donna's a little different than Painter did with Ivey.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ahh.. this is your confusion. You don't compare team success with Individual impact.

KoB also said "has a chance". 

"TJD has never finished above .500" This isn't tennis, or swimming, or track... or golf. Or whatever individual sports there are. This is basketball.... Archie Miller and others held TJD back. That's on them, not him. 

He's a great player has a great personality a great face he's a great spokesperson but man so was Cody and Cody's been in the dagon league for over a decade now.  And tweets about IU on the regular.  

Let's hope this year takes care of the blemishes on the record whether it's his fault or not we got some winning to do.