TJD RETURNING to Indiana!!

Love that TJD is coming back and am really excited for next season. He's going to go down as an all-time great Hoosier, if he isn't already. Where he'll finish in the all-time statistical rankings and if they win big this coming year will cement his legacy. 

With all of that said, I actually didn't love his comments yesterday. Some things are meant to be kept in-house and I think the NW debacle and his views on what drug suspensions should be fall into that category. If I'm a teammate or even Woodson, I'm kind of looking at TJD a bit sideways today. 

The "kick them off the team" crowd probably loves these comments, but that's fan message board stuff. TJD has kind of painted Woodson into a corner here in terms of punishment for stuff, and as a teammate I'm wondering what TJD is going to air publicly and what he isn't. 

I don't disagree with TJD, I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying some things aren't meant to be kept internal and TJD kind of broke that code, and again his comments on what punishments should be could cause some locker room issues down the line. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Love that TJD is coming back and am really excited for next season. He's going to go down as an all-time great Hoosier, if he isn't already. But where he'll finish in the all-time statistical rankings and if they will this coming year will cement his legacy. 

With all of that said, I actually didn't love his comments yesterday. Some things are meant to be kept in-house and I think the NW debacle and his views on what drug suspensions should be fall into that category. If I'm a teammate or even Woodson, I'm kind of looking at TJD a bit sideways today. 

The "kick them off the team" crowd probably loves these comments, but that's fan message board stuff. TJD has kind of painted Woodson into a corner here in terms of punishment for stuff, and as a teammate I'm wondering what TJD is going to air publicly and what he isn't. 

I don't disagree with TJD, I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying some things aren't meant to be kept internal and TJD kind of broke that code, and again his comments on what punishments should be could cause some locker room issues down the line. 

I definitely get where you are coming from.

The cryptic tweets in reply to the interview insinuate there is more to the story…..which is why it may have been better left unsaid. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Rob, Lander, and Parker. 

I really want to say mean things about these men who have decided to stir the pot now that they have moved on based on i assume what Trace said in the interview.  It is taking all i have not to look up all their stats and discuss how the inability to shoot the ball, play defense or get on the court might have been affected by poor decision off the court

Edited by IowaHoosierFan

Just now, btownqb said:

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, fellas. 

Eh, I mean it's a little unfair for TJD to get a lengthy interview that paints people in a bad light and they don't get a chance to respond. 

I love the leadership TJD is showing, like REALLY love it, but he could have perhaps been a bit more broad and general. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I definitely get where you are coming from.

The cryptic tweets in reply to the interview insinuate there is more to the story…..which is why it may have been better left unsaid. 

There was just no reason to go back to the NW thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I really want to say mean things about these men who have decided to stir the pot now that they have moved on based on i assume what Trace said in the interview.  It is taking all i have not to look up all their stats and discussion how the in ability to shoot the ball, play defense or get on the court might have been affected by poor decision off the court

While I hear you on that, Rob wasn't even in the suspended group and he didn't seem to love TJD doing that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Eh, I mean it's a little unfair for TJD to get a lengthy interview that paints people in a bad light and they don't get a chance to respond. 

I love the leadership TJD is showing, like REALLY love it, but he could have perhaps been a bit more broad and general. 

I just don't have a problem with people being upset. I don't think Parker was a good influence on our team. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

While I hear you on that, Rob wasn't even in the suspended group and he didn't seem to love TJD doing that. 

Rob was tagged in it for a reason and responded for a reason.  There is something there obviously that those 4 (i will include Durr since he was tagged orginially) were tagged or responded to the tweet.  If you have something to say.  Just F'ing say it.  Be a man, say what you think and move on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Rob was tagged in it for a reason and responded for a reason.  There is something there obviously that those 4 (i will include Durr since he was tagged orginially) were tagged or responded to the tweet.  If you have something to say.  Just F'ing say it.  Be a man, say what you think and move on.

The real issue is that the four who made comments on Twitter aren't the only four who were suspended. 

There are still guys on the team that were in that group and guys on the team who missed time for other reasons. 

Do they feel the same as the four who could comment on Twitter because they're not on the team anymore? 

There could still be guys on the team who feel the same way as those four. 

Again to be crystal clear, I don’t disagree with how TJD feels, I do however think it was a misstep in leadership to air these things out publicly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I wasn't at all upset for multiple reasons when he entered the portal. This was one of them because it was the impression I got as well.

I never understood Pstew.  He started basically every game.  Was given ever opportunity and minutes to showcase his skill and shooting ability.  Was never benched until later in the season at which time he pouted like a child and looked about as interested in basketball as i am in computer coding.  I understand losing your father who he was very close to was devastating and i give him some rope for that.  He moved on, he should stay moved on. 

• Like 1

I agree with the comments regarding certain players not being a good influence on the team/not having their head on straight. I’m not gonna name any names but the NW game is a good indication of who those guys may be. Phinisee being included in those tweets does surprise me though… 

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I never understood Pstew.  He started basically every game.  Was given ever opportunity and minutes to showcase his skill and shooting ability.  Was never benched until later in the season at which time he pouted like a child and looked about as interested in basketball as i am in computer coding.  I understand losing your father who he was very close to was devastating and i give him some rope for that.  He moved on, he should stay moved on. 

i feel like the majority on here disagreed with me when i said the way he reacted after the suspension he should be done.  i stand by that.  it was such an obvious sign.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, I mean we can blame Phinisee, Lander, Stewart and Durr for these cryptic tweets, but TJD created this drama yesterday. 

Nobody was talking about the NW debacle, everyone was past it and over it, but TJD brought it back up. 

I love that he's trying to step up as a leader and take sort of ownership of the program, but I think yesterday was actually a misstep for TJD. 

• Like 2