TJD RETURNING to Indiana!!

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I mean we can blame Phinisee, Lander, Stewart and Durr for these cryptic tweets, but TJD created this drama yesterday. 

Nobody was talking about the NW debacle, everyone was past it and over it, but TJD brought it back up. 

I love that he's trying to step up as a leader and take sort of ownership of the program, but I think yesterday was actually a misstep for TJD. 

Didn’t I see somewhere on the site a comment by TJD “don’t worry about XJ, Race and I have got him “?

Just now, Drroogh said:

Didn’t I see somewhere on the site a comment by TJD “don’t worry about XJ, Race and I have got him “?

Yeah, he basically said, XJ has his head on straight now and Race and I have got him. 

I kind of cringed when I read it. Again, love the leadership, but not sure that was a great way to frame that publicly. 

If I'm XJ I'm kind of not happy with that. I know XJ made his own bed with the speeding thing and NW incident, but again some things should stay in the locker room. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just don't have a problem with people being upset. I don't think Parker was a good influence on our team. 

....not trying to defend PS, or making any excuses for him at all, but man....losing your father, your coach,......

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just can't imagine what he was dealing with.....

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

....not trying to defend PS, or making any excuses for him at all, but man....losing your father, your coach,......

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just can't imagine what he was dealing with.....

You're right, it is tough.  And he should be given some level of leeway for that.  He was embraced and supported by coach, staff and team.  Given an opportunity to do great things.  He didn't and now he is stirring the pot from outside the confines.  Whether its about Trace or not.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I mean we can blame Phinisee, Lander, Stewart and Durr for these cryptic tweets, but TJD created this drama yesterday. 

Nobody was talking about the NW debacle, everyone was past it and over it, but TJD brought it back up. 

I love that he's trying to step up as a leader and take sort of ownership of the program, but I think yesterday was actually a misstep for TJD. 

In hindsight,  it probably was, but I loved the strong leadership vibe I got from him in that interview.   Yeah, perhaps a little too frank at times, but the message has been sent.

I think all this is much to do about nothing. I take it that the comments are more about fans making more about it and speculating what happened then what actually happened. If they  have a problem with Davis saying we are taking over leadership on the team and moving the team in the right direction then we should be glad they are gone. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I thought Chicago was about curfew?  Are we assuming the heat is about Chicago?  Or weed?

I'm guessing these vuys are basically saying bro, he who is without sin, throw the first stone.  Or leave my name out yo mouth.  

I think curfew was confirmed at least for a couple of players. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

In hindsight,  it probably was, but I loved the strong leadership vibe I got from him in that interview.   Yeah, perhaps a little too frank at times, but the message has been sent.

Yeah, I don't disagree. I just think it's a message much better send behind the closed doors of the locker room. At least some of the specifics. 

Should have kept the message much more high level. 

54 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I get all that. But, if he is straight enough to tweet about... pretty well opens the flood gates. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I don't disagree. I just think it's a message much better send behind the closed doors of the locker room. At least some of the specifics. 

Agree. Especially since Woodson has repeatedly mentioned to the press that he keeps matters in house.

TJD's intentions are noble, but as you've said, his proclamations leave little room for error or misjudgment. And let's be honest here, college (and more broadly this age group) learn a lot about themselves and the world by making mistakes and (hopefully) course-correcting.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Generally I agree with you, but we all know what X did, or at least the rough outline of what he did, so I heard TJD's statements as supportive. Specifics about Chicago would be a bit more out of line, but this was already out there. 

His statements were probably more off the cuff than this, but another interpretation would be, "I'm pissed at X and I have no problem calling him out a bit in public."

I liked that TJD put that out there. It is leadership and putting people on notice.

He even critiqued/criticized things about Woodson specifically what they did and didn't practice.

He's not here to mess around, now you may be, but he's not. He had to sit around with sub .500 record in this league. He will not let people put him in that position again. Or they will pay for it like you wouldn't believe 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I liked that TJD put that out there. It is leadership and putting people on notice.

He even critiqued/criticized things about Woodson specifically what they did and didn't practice.

He's not here to mess around, now you may be, but he's not. He had to sit around with sub .500 record in this league. He will not let people put him in that position again. Or they will pay for it like you wouldn't believe 

One thing he has to watch is that there were rumblings out there that he may have not been putting in that extra effort is 3 years here so far either.  If you are going to call out teammates in public, you have to make sure that your entire house is in order as well.

His may be and it could just be a few players kind of sounding off about being called out, but what a risk.  Do that behind closed doors. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Can we expect to see Trayce wearing his game face this season?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Can we expect to see Trayce wearing his game face this season?

I hope so, I love Trayce and he has really grown on me over his time here, but to say he always has given consistent effort would be false IMO. It certainly was better this season than it had been in the past, but I want to see postseason TJD for 40 games next year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I dont have a problem with what TJD said. He came back for a reason. He didnt come back to horse around and have fun. He doesnt want to deal with what seems to be more issues than just the NW game.

He didnt call anyone out. If certain players took offense to what he said, and went on twitter, they just outed themselves. Get rid of the riff raff. move on. all business. 

This. Anyone who has followed IU for decades from Buckner to Alford to Yogi and now maybe TJD.....it's the players responsibility to have the guys ready. Coaches can only do so much. Absolute leadership and I love it. People have problem with it? Leave. 

Finally a sign of player leadership down there. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This. Anyone who has followed IU for decades from Buckner to Alford to Yogi and now maybe TJD.....it's the players responsibility to have the guys ready. Coaches can only do so much. Absolute leadership and I love it. People have problem with it? Leave. 

Finally a sign of player leadership down there. 

Well Alford had 2 great games and apparently that's what he was interested in.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well Alford had 2 great games and apparently that's what he was interested in.

Have carried that Northwestern game with me for 35 years. Was there and remember getting a tape of those comments mailed to me back in Illinois from Aunt/Uncle here in Indy. We never saw video or post game highlights so it was a treat.

Rings true still to this day. The leader of the team has the responsibility to get the guys ready. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

I haven't see the new Youtube video of Trayce so I will reserve judgement.

In the interview with Hoosier Hysterics, though, TJD was very complimentary of Phinisee and it's pretty obvious he respects Rob.   

I will try to listen to the youtube interview.  

From what I heard on Hoosier Hysterics, I had zero issues with what Trayce said.  He didn't mention anybody by name there and it was pretty benign.  If he called somebody out in this new video, I want to hear what he said before I can say anything.  

The guys who are tweeting now...just be quiet and go away.  Most fans didn't ever say what we really thought of your contributions and we can leave it at that.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

In the interview with Hoosier Hysterics, though, TJD was very complimentary of Phinisee and it's pretty obvious he respects Rob. 

There was also the time last year where someone on Twitter (of course) said that  Lander didn’t deserve to be a 5* or a D1 player or something and TJD replied with something along the lines of “You put on the uniform and do better”. So there was at least some degree of respect between TJD and Lander at some point.

• Like 3