TJD RETURNING to Indiana!!

47 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

DD crushed IU yesterday…

then he does his “Fife wasn’t watching CNN” or some other nonsense 

Is everything a culture war for DD?

God, what a moron.  I'd listen to him for the same reason I'd read GBI...for the pure comedy/stupidity of it.

Fife wasn't fired for his politics.  He was fired (at least partially) for his inability to keep his politics out of his job.  Unless your job is literally in politics, that's just stupid regardless of what your politics are.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

DD crushed IU yesterday…

then he does his “Fife wasn’t watching CNN” or some other nonsense 

Is everything a culture war for DD?

DD is just stoking the fires that will get people talking. Fife is gone. 99% have moved on, why is he still talking about this stuff? Because people will react. He's the one making it political. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think he will.  He was pretty clear that he's done when he has his degree.

Didn't his comments a year ago pretty strongly suggest last year was it for him? I think any comments he has made are made in the hope that he will improve his draft status. If he doesn't he is left deciding between being a hero making half a million at IU and being a no name player on a no name team making 40k in the G-League. If that's what he faces, I don't see how he leaves.

8 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Didn't his comments a year ago pretty strongly suggest last year was it for him? I think any comments he has made are made in the hope that he will improve his draft status. If he doesn't he is left deciding between being a hero making half a million at IU and being a no name player on a no name team making 40k in the G-League. If that's what he faces, I don't see how he leaves.

I think he leaves because sharpening his game against higher level competition is more important than making a little more $$$ in one year and repeating what he's doing now for a 5th year.  I honestly thought he was gone this year, but I understand his desire to finish his degree and take one more shot at success at the college level.  He doesn't really need the money and I believe him when he says it's not the primary motivator for him. Getting to the NBA is a bigger motivator than money.  Unless he thinks a 5th year at IU giving him a better opportunity to make the league, I think he's gone after this next season.  Obviously, JMO...

7 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

You can think what you want but I see no way he will be back next year. He will have played 4 years and gotten his degree so he has done everything he can do at the college level.

34 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Really?.....Only in his narcissistic mind! DD thinks he crushed IU.....What a piece of work.🤬

I don't know how anyone could crush IU right now. As much momentum as we've had in 6 or 10 years. Off season windbag is all that move is by DD.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm sure in his mind, that's a setup. Anything less than winning the B1G (after finishing 9th this year), will be a failure. 

Bingo. He's already going down that path saying anything less is failure.....typical narco. Pity and empathy are two words for guys like DD.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm sure in his mind, that's a setup. Anything less than winning the B1G (after finishing 9th this year), will be a failure. 

Sure it is because nue does this with all the local teams.  One day he is saying the Colts should win the division and the next day he is talking how bad the coach and GM is.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:39 AM, KoB2011 said:

Eh, I mean it's a little unfair for TJD to get a lengthy interview that paints people in a bad light and they don't get a chance to respond. 

I love the leadership TJD is showing, like REALLY love it, but he could have perhaps been a bit more broad and general. 

TJD did say it was more past teams than last year. Also maybe just don't do drugs and play college sports then you don't have to worry about it. If smoking weed is that important in your life go do that.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

TJD did say it was more past teams than last year. Also maybe just don't do drugs and play college sports then you don't have to worry about it. If smoking weed is that important in your life go do that.

I honestly could give two s$&ts if anyone smokes week anymore.  But, if the rules of the team or school are that you cannot smoke weed while attending or playing for a university, then you need to follow the rules or face whatever consequences are set forth.  Same thing for the NFL, NBA, etc...  If its legal in the state and by the organization, smoke away.  If its not and you do it anyways, well be prepared for the consequences.  Regardless if its behind the time, doesn't fit with social norms or any other reasoning.  You know the rules.  You don't have to follow them, but you then have no rights to complain afterwards.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I honestly could give two s$&ts if anyone smokes week anymore.  But, if the rules of the team or school are that you cannot smoke weed while attending or playing for a university, then you need to follow the rules or face whatever consequences are set forth.  Same thing for the NFL, NBA, etc...  If its legal in the state and by the organization, smoke away.  If its not and you do it anyways, well be prepared for the consequences.  Regardless if its behind the time, doesn't fit with social norms or any other reasoning.  You know the rules.  You don't have to follow them, but you then have no rights to complain afterwards.

Exactly!!!

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I'm pretty much there as well, although I can't imagine that smoking weed during the season would be considered a performance enhancing drug. 😂

Give me a team that skips the devil's lettuce and stays mentally sharp during the season.  Everyone else being equal, I'd put my $$$ on that team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

'm pretty much there as well, although I can't imagine that smoking weed during the season would be considered a performance enhancing drug.

As Robin Williams (RIP) once said in regards to Olympic snowborders testing positive for weed:

“Marijuana enhances many things: colors, tastes, sensations…but it does not make you f*****g empowered. When you’re stoned, you’re lucky if you can find your own damn feet.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

As Robin Williams (RIP) once said in regards to Olympic snowborders testing positive for weed:

“Marijuana enhances many things: colors, tastes, sensations…but it does not make you f*****g empowered. When you’re stoned, you’re lucky if you can find your own damn feet.”

FC6089B9-2758-491C-81E8-39D1FF94546F.jpeg

• Haha 8

On 5/27/2022 at 9:30 AM, IowaHoosierFan said:

Those are the old rules. The ncaa changed the thc level rule in February. It’s no longer as big offense. IU even changed their rules to mirror the ncaa. No more 3 game suspensions. They are even considering leaving all of it up to the schools. I believe it’s no punishment for first offense. Second offense is 25% of games. Third is half the games. They rushed the change and are still talking about it. This of course if the school even drug tests and reports it.  I do know Fife made a bigger deal out of the NW incident. He accused players of doing drugs so they tested them when they got back on campus and only one failed.  It pissed Woody off because he took Fifes side. This is second hand info so take it with a grain of salt. Cav reported it. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Those are the old rules. The ncaa changed the thc level rule in February. It’s no longer as big offense. IU even changed their rules to mirror the ncaa. No more 3 game suspensions. They are even considering leaving all of it up to the schools. I believe it’s no punishment for first offense. Second offense is 25% of games. Third is half the games. They rushed the change and are still talking about it. This of course if the school even drug tests and reports it.  I do know Fife made a bigger deal out of the NW incident. He accused players of doing drugs so they tested them when they got back on campus and only one failed.  It pissed Woody off because he took Fifes side. This is second hand info so take it with a grain of salt. Cav reported it. 

2nd offense is 25% of games?  That's making it a bigger offense, not less. 3 game suspensions have been for the 2nd offense, at least that's what I've always heard.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lurker said:

2nd offense is 25% of games?  That's making it a bigger offense, not less. 3 game suspensions have been for the 2nd offense, at least that's what I've always heard.

I might have some of it wrong. I do know the threshold is so low that it might not even show up and in the past the you sit 3 games for any failed test. I know the criteria has changed. It might be 25% of games after 3 failed. I do know the urine screen trigger has been raised to 150 nano. I think most tests trigger at 50. So basically they raised it to allow recreational numbers. 

Edited by Victobmyboy