Jump to content

TJD RETURNING to Indiana!!


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Lol….good one! still would be better than having Scott imitate me with his takes lol. I joke I joke!

FWIW, Scott's incognito handle on opposing team's forums is 6fouls...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

He's a great player has a great personality a great face he's a great spokesperson but man so was Cody and Cody's been in the dagon league for over a decade now.  And tweets about IU on the regular.  

Let's hope this year takes care of the blemishes on the record whether it's his fault or not we got some winning to do.  

But we also know Cody didn’t lead to sustained success (not his fault at all) and didn’t make it past the S16.

I think TJD coming back this year, with what other pieces we have and guys we are in a good position with moving forward, can set us up for sustained success. It would be hard to ignore that part of the equation with regard to TJD IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

But we also know Cody didn’t lead to sustained success (not his fault at all) and didn’t make it past the S16.

I think TJD coming back this year, with what other pieces we have and guys we are in a good position with moving forward, can set us up for sustained success. It would be hard to ignore that part of the equation with regard to TJD IMO. 

Hopefully.  Its crazy that after the movement was locked up and after the Watshot, recruiting totally dried up for Crean.  No telling what the future holds but in this day and age and these youngsters and social media, Trayce has big potential to have more of an impact . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gold and Black fellas have whittled TJD from 6’10 in shoes, to 6'9, to 6'8, and now down to 6'7...

If it was up to them, he'd end up being the basketball version of Eddie Gaedel...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Gold and Black fellas have whittled TJD from 6’10 in shoes, to 6'9, to 6'8, and now down to 6'7...

If it was up to them, he'd end up being the basketball version of Eddie Gaedel...

Lmao.  I had to look that name up

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

But we also know Cody didn’t lead to sustained success (not his fault at all) and didn’t make it past the S16.

I think TJD coming back this year, with what other pieces we have and guys we are in a good position with moving forward, can set us up for sustained success. It would be hard to ignore that part of the equation with regard to TJD IMO. 

No one player is going to create sustained success. That’s the coach’s job and frankly, why Crean was fired.

 I believe CMW’s pedigree will continue to attract high level recruits and give him an excellent chance to build a consistent high-end team 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Gold and Black fellas have whittled TJD from 6’10 in shoes, to 6'9, to 6'8, and now down to 6'7...

If it was up to them, he'd end up being the basketball version of Eddie Gaedel...

And according to them Zeller wasn’t a five star and the NC offer was just token. Good grief they are terrible spin doctors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

the Hoosier Hysterics guys interviewed TJD over the weekend. A few interesting tidbits…

- During his slump last season his back was hurting him very badly - he was playing in pain, couldn’t move as quick or jump as high until later in February. And before the first Purdue game he was up all night PUking (pun intended) 🤮 

- It was his and Race’s decision to suspended the guys for the NW game. 😯 

- He said he is going to come out next season shooting. Especially in the early games to get his confidence up. 🤞 

Wow - I honestly love that for many reasons. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With each passing day, the following thought rings true even more for me:

If you want something bad enough, you can't wait for it to come to you. You have to go out and get it. Live with a passion and burning desire to attain or accomplish whatever it is.

I'm really glad and excited to see that TJD is getting that at his age -- I hope it rubs off on his teammates!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Trayce is rapidly becoming an all-time favorite for me personally.  This interview just screams LEADER and MATURITY.

I loved Trayce saying that drugs will not be a factor for this team and advocating for a one strike and you're out policy.

Trayce is in my top ten already.  This year may put him at or near the tope of the list.  I still remember him assuring fans that he was a committed Hoosier before he set foot on campus during a time period when IU was sucking on the court.  

Just a high, high character young man.  He's right up there with Cody Zeller in that regard.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Trayce is rapidly becoming an all-time favorite for me personally.  This interview just screams LEADER and MATURITY.

I loved Trayce saying that drugs will not be a factor for this team and advocating for a one strike and you're out policy.

Trayce is in my top ten already.  This year may put him at or near the tope of the list.  I still remember him assuring fans that he was a committed Hoosier before he set foot on campus during a time period when IU was sucking on the court.  

Just a high, high character young man.  He's right up there with Cody Zeller in that regard.

This is part of why I think he can be the most important player we’ve had since Knight was coaching. The leadership and culture he is building has the potential to transcend his time at Indiana.

He is a very special player and a great human being. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I gave TJD A RIDE after that purdue game and posted he told me he was so sick he almost didnt play and that he was getting shot up to play because the pain was bad.. What I didnt post was I had to get out and help him get into my van, he was in so much pain he couldnt do it himself. Once in all he talked about was how great his teammates played. Thats when he entered my top 3 all-time fav. players.

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...