Let's start arguing about starting lineup again!

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not 7 months after the fact. That doesn't accomplish anything. 

There are a lot of players get suspended for games when the got in trouble in the off season. Just lady year Mason Gillis got arrested in the off season and still were suspended a couple of games.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There are a lot of players get suspended for games when the got in trouble in the off season. Just lady year Mason Gillis got arrested in the off season and still were suspended a couple of games.

Seems kind of dumb, but ok. I think those type of things are more for placating the fans that scream about this stuff online as opposed to being any kind of productive punishment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Seems kind of dumb, but ok. I think those type of things are more for placating the fans that scream about this stuff online as opposed to being any kind of productive punishment. 

Getting suspended a couple of games is better than getting kicked off the team which I thought should happen. 

So you don't think Dashawn Watson should get suspended a few games next season. What he did was 15 months ago and is not going to be criminally charged.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Getting suspended a couple of games is better than getting kicked off the team which I thought should happen. 

So you don't think Dashawn Watson should get suspended a few games next season. What he did was 15 months ago and is not going to be criminally charged.

Apples and oranges. Completely different offenses/accusations and there are numerous differences between college and pro, with a big one being that punishments at the pro level are collectively bargained. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Apples and oranges. Completely different offenses/accusations and there are numerous differences between college and pro, with a big one being that punishments at the pro level are collectively bargained. 

So is there anything a college player does in the off season that you think a player should get suspended for. Is it just an offense bad enough to get kicked off for and everything else you shouldn't discipline a player.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Real punishment is missing games and not just running steps.  I  will be disappointed in Woodson if XJ isn't suspended a couple of games.

It seems a much more serious offense (DUI) is worth a 1 game suspension (see: Few/Gonzaga). You're saying a player should be held to a higher standard than coaches?

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So is there anything a college player does in the off season that you think a player should get suspended for. Is it just an offense bad enough to get kicked off for and everything else you shouldn't discipline a player.

Murder. I would say murder would get you suspended for awhile. 

• Haha 6

Just now, IU Scott said:

4 games including exhibition game

So... are you to the point that you're arguing that XJ SHOULD be suspended? For real? Like.. even though you know like.   25% of the whole story/actions that night? 

Would you question RMK like this? 

Flat out. Don't understand. Why isnt..  "whatever Woodson, Dolson, and staff decide" good enough? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

So... are you to the point that you're arguing that XJ SHOULD be suspended? For real? Like.. even though you know like.   25% of the whole story/actions that night? 

Would you question RMK like this? 

Flat out. Don't understand. Why isnt..  "whatever Woodson, Dolson, and staff decide" good enough? 

Do I think he should get suspended, yes I do. It is up to the coaching staff and will support their decision. 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who said anything about not disciplining him? A game 7 months later for speeding seems stupid though. 

I guarantee whatever Woodson did to punish him is far worse than missing an exhibition game that doesn't even count. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He got a DUI, it's not at all the same.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Plenty of things, but so far you've compared a DUI and sexual assault to speeding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If you listen to the Kenya podcast of hoosier hysterics, he pretty much says JHS will be starting g with X.   To me the 3 spot is the only question mark. Bates, JG, or Kopp...

I agree with you.

If Woodson goes with seniority, Kopp will start.  But if not, it's wide open.

• Like 1

I am definitely excited with all the returning talent and top level freshman coming in.

But is anybody else concerned that we have not necessarily solved one glaring weakness?

We still do nqt have that athletic wing that can defend at a high level, and create for himself on the offensive side.

I know we expect TB to take a step forward. 

But until something is shown, I think it is our glaring weakness. Even more than perimeter shooting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am definitely excited with all the returning talent and top level freshman coming in.

But is anybody else concerned that we have not necessarily solved one glaring weakness?

We still do nqt have that athletic wing that can defend at a high level, and create for himself on the offensive side.

I know we expect TB to take a step forward. 

But until something is shown, I think it is our glaring weakness. Even more than perimeter shooting.

I don’t want to split hairs of wings vs guards, but if we are playing JHS and X side by side, doesn’t that more or less do what you’re asking for?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t want to split hairs of wings vs guards, but if we are playing JHS and X side by side, doesn’t that more or less do what you’re asking for?

Absolutely!  If TB can make a jump and take that 3 spot, we will have major talent on the perimeter.  All with the ability to create their own shot..

• Like 1