Let's start arguing about starting lineup again!

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Renault is good.  But, that does not automatically make him better than Geronimo.  

He's not nearly as athletic, but he's just one of those guys that knows how to play...

What I mean is, he knows how to use his body, his footwork, and fakes to get shots, and he has a very soft touch around the rim. Kind of surprising on the defensive end too, as he has great timing and uses position to defend taller players...

I saw him outplay Michigan signee Tarris Reed (who is 6'10...or probably 5'4 on G&B Illustrated 😁) on both ends of the floor when Montverde beat Link Academy...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

For me we need guys like JHS and Bates to improve and pass Kopp and Galloway for this team to compete for the Big Ten title.  Both Kopp and Galloway are pretty much at the peak of their ability and to me they are not good enough to be a starter on a championship caliber team.

After 2 years in college Galloway has peaked and won't improve? No where for him to go but down? Wow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

For me we need guys like JHS and Bates to improve and pass Kopp and Galloway for this team to compete for the Big Ten title.  Both Kopp and Galloway are pretty much at the peak of their ability and to me they are not good enough to be a starter on a championship caliber team.

So much for the guy who constantly says to be careful about what you say on these forums because the players and their families read them.😡😡😡😡😡

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So much for the guy who constantly says to be careful about what you say on these forums because the players and their families read them.😡😡😡😡😡

Did I put down any player or disparage them in anyway. Nothing wrong with being a good role player on a good team.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Nothing I said disparaged either player. Saying they shouldn't start isn't a disaparaging in any way.  Some people must be a little soft if they think that was disparaging

You’re not good enough is disparaging.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth so much you don’t even realize when you are. 

Don’t be such a pompous ass calling me or any member soft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You’re not good enough is disparaging.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth so much you don’t even realize when you are. 

Don’t be such a pompous ass calling me or any member soft.

Didn't say not good enough to be on the team but just not a starter.  That is not a knock on them because there is nothing wrong to being a good bench and role player.  If Galloway can he a Steve Eyl for this team that is a big role. Eyle was really good when he came off the bench and played his role but when he started his play diminished.

There is a lot of difference from what I said compared to what we see in game threads talking about players or coaches 

Edited by IU Scott

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't say not good enough to be on the team but just not a starter.  That is not a knock on them because there is nothing wrong to being a good bench and role player.  If Galloway can he a Steve Eyl for this team that is a big role. Eyle was really good when he came off the bench and played his role but when he started his play diminished.

There is a lot of difference from what I said compared to what we see in game threads talking about players or coaches 

Whatever, Scott.

You are always right. Always the right take. Never the problem.

Take ownership of what you say… that players aren’t good enough to start  for a championship type team. Rationalizing by saying you’re better than what others post is…soft

Frankly, you sit on your perch and take lots of pot shots. Probably worse than what others post in the heat of the moment 

• Haha 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Whatever, Scott.

You are always right. Always the right take. Never the problem.

Take ownership of what you say… that players aren’t good enough to start  for a championship type team. Rationalizing by saying you’re better than what others post is…soft

Frankly, you sit on your perch and take lots of pot shots. Probably worse than what others post in the heat of the moment 

LOL!

SMH

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

LOL!

SMH

As usual, you have completely missed the original point. You feel like you can call out other people for saying negative things about players or recruits. You claim that part of the program’s recent problems are the fan base’s fault. Yet you do the same thing and you come up with excuses why it’s okay.

Doesn’t surprise me one bit that this has gone over your head.

SMH

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As usual, you have completely missed the original point. You feel like you can call out other people for saying negative things about players or recruits. You claim that part of the program’s recent problems are the fan base’s fault. Yet you do the same thing and you come up with excuses why it’s okay.

SMH

I never called out anyone and if you thought I did that is a you problem and not my problem.

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

SMH

Also you would have been eaten alive over at the rivals site or the old  Peeg's site if you think what I said was bad.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Also you would have been eaten alive over at the rivals site or the old  Peeg's site if you think what I said was bad.

Would I now. You know nothing about me, and I don’t really want to change that.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I never called out anyone and if you thought I did that is a you problem and not my problem.

Yes you did.

Scott, go live in your little world where you can say whatever and have no repercussions. Next time you call someone out for being negative or not shining a positive light on the program, I will make sure to remind you. I don’t have a problem, except for you and your holier than thou attitude 

• Haha 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Would I now. You know nothing about me, and I don’t really want to change that.

Yes you did.

Scott, go live in your little world where you can say whatever and have no repercussions. Next time you call someone out for being negative or not shining a positive light on the program, I will make sure to remind you. I don’t have a problem, except for you and your holier than thou attitude 

So we are talking starting lineups so are we going to start all 13 players because we can't say any of them shouldn't start.  I can say Steve Kerr wasn't good enough to start for the Bulls or Spurs but that is a disparaging comment.  He was a key role player coming off the bench for a championship team but it is fact he wasn't good enough to start on those teams.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He's not nearly as athletic, but he's just one of those guys that knows how to play...

What I mean is, he knows how to use his body, his footwork, and fakes to get shots, and he has a very soft touch around the rim. Kind of surprising on the defensive end too, as he has great timing and uses position to defend taller players...

I saw him outplay Michigan signee Tarris Reed (who is 6'10...or probably 5'4 on G&B Illustrated 😁) on both ends of the floor when Montverde beat Link Academy...

Malik also is coming in having played against a lot of guys his size with as much or more athleticism, yet he has still had the success he has had.

I think we’d be talking about him as the next in line of the stud freshman bigs we have had the past decade if he was going to start. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So we are talking starting lineups so are we going to start all 13 players because we can't say any of them shouldn't start.  I can say Steve Kerr wasn't good enough to start for the Bulls or Spurs but that is a disparaging comment.  He was a key role player coming off the bench for a championship team but it is fact he wasn't good enough to start on those teams.

God, I am talking to a brick wall.

Have a nice night Scott

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

God, I am talking to a brick wall.

Have a nice night Scott

Man , you really have an anger issue. It amazes me that you actually think I called out any player with what I said.  How is saying a player is better coming off the bench dispariging or that he isn't talented enough to start over more talented players.  I get a lot of our fans really like Galloway and see more in his game than I do but I never called him out personally.