Jump to content

Schedule next year


Recommended Posts

We know 3 opponents next year in KU, Arizona and Kennesaw St.  I know nothing about Kennesaw St. but that should be an automatic win.

KU- I know they lose a lot from last year with losing Abagi, McCormick and Martin. They have Wilson and Braun testing the waters and appears that Braun might stay in the draft.  It is hard going to KU and win but it will be early and they will be trying to replace a lot of production.

Arizona- They are loosing Mcthurin, one of their bigs that I can't remember his name and Terry is testing the waters. They still have a lot of good players and have a good class coming in.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We know 3 opponents next year in KU, Arizona and Kennesaw St. 

 

I know 13 others:  Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know 13 others:  Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin.

Should have said non conference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people have been talking about UNC for the ACC-B1G challenge but I think they'll give us Virginia due to UNC coming to the Hall in 2013 and 2016 (I think those years are correct). Gavitt could give us Maquette, Providence or Villanova. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CampHoosier said:

A lot of people have been talking about UNC for the ACC-B1G challenge but I think they'll give us Virginia due to UNC coming to the Hall in 2013 and 2016 (I think those years are correct). Gavitt could give us Maquette, Providence or Villanova. 

I think we will get UNC at home, or we better get a home game.  We have played two in a row in the road in the ACC challenge. I also wonder if we will even play in the Gavvitt game since have played in it most of the time 

Edited by IU Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 7:21 PM, CampHoosier said:

A lot of people have been talking about UNC for the ACC-B1G challenge but I think they'll give us Virginia due to UNC coming to the Hall in 2013 and 2016 (I think those years are correct). Gavitt could give us Maquette, Providence or Villanova. 

Armaan coming back to IU could be a good story line.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 8:23 PM, IU Scott said:

I think we will get UNC at home, or we better get a home game.  We have played two in a row in the road in the ACC challenge. I also wonder if we will even play in the Gavvitt game since have played in it most of the time 

 

I'm feeling at Creighton...which would actually be a monster game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, labeck81 said:

 

I'm feeling at Creighton...which would actually be a monster game.

 

We are going to have a really tough schedule this year.

Kansas, Arizona, a Big East team, an ACC team...this team should be tested before conference.

Woodson was talking the other day about getting Louisville on the schedule in a few years.   He wants Kentucky back.  I don't see the lackluster schedule issues going into the future.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure it's been mentioned at some point but if we get UNC for the ACC/B10 challenge and Villanova for the Gavitt games, we will be playing last years final 4 all in nonconference this year. Woody wants the smoke!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got mixed feelings. We obviously have home and away with arguably the top tier of conference. We also got hosed by only playing Nebraska, Maryland, Minnesota, and Penn St...as they project in bottom half or even bottom third of conference. We do catch a break in only playing Wiscy/Ohio St once and both games are at home.

All in all. Not great not bad. If we've got the horses we think we do it's a fair schedule. Just all depends on actual dates and when we play. No clue what other projected top teams got though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 The Full Monty

ILLINOIS
Home: Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers
Away: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin
 
INDIANA
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers
 
IOWA
Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan
Away: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
MARYLAND
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern
Away: Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers
Home/Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Purdue, Ohio State, Wisconsin
 
MICHIGAN
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin
 
MICHIGAN STATE
Home: Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern
Away: Illinois, Penn State, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers
 
MINNESOTA
Home: Indiana, Iowa, Penn State
Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
NEBRASKA
Home: Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
 
NORTHWESTERN
Home: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Away: Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska
Home/Away: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
OHIO STATE
Home: Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers
 
PENN STATE
Home: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State
Away: Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
PURDUE
Home: Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers
Away: Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State
 
RUTGERS
Home: Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska
Away: Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State

WISCONSIN
Home: Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers
Away: Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year we lost at Pennie’s State and Minnesota gave us fits. I agree that we should be favored to beat both, but am not convinced that they are gimme games. 
 

On the other hand, glad to not be playing at the Kohl Center. Regardless of their talent, Wisconsin has been a tough team for IU to beat. I think we get them at home this season. 
At this point in the year it always seems like we parse the schedule and make confident assertions of the games we will win, the games we will lose, and the up in the air games. We forget that these are young men who we are counting on and that things like women, diversions in big cities… life in general, tend to blow up our perfectly planned season!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

 The Full Monty

ILLINOIS
Home: Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers
Away: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin
 
INDIANA
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers
 
IOWA
Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan
Away: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
MARYLAND
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern
Away: Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers
Home/Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Purdue, Ohio State, Wisconsin
 
MICHIGAN
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin
 
MICHIGAN STATE
Home: Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern
Away: Illinois, Penn State, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers
 
MINNESOTA
Home: Indiana, Iowa, Penn State
Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
NEBRASKA
Home: Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
 
NORTHWESTERN
Home: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Away: Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska
Home/Away: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
OHIO STATE
Home: Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers
 
PENN STATE
Home: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State
Away: Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin
 
PURDUE
Home: Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers
Away: Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State
 
RUTGERS
Home: Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska
Away: Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State

WISCONSIN
Home: Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers
Away: Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State

Really well done and thank you. Seems a few of our favorite opponents are getting a break this year. All depends though on the schedule of when they play and honestly day of the week and time. Last year we only had 1 I believe Saturday home game....while we had 4 Saturday road games. 

At first glance though unless I'm looking at things wrong I believe we have the toughest draw of the home/away. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

We should be favored in all 3 away only games 

This was huge, I thought. All 6 "single game opponents" should be Ws, as well. 

I think our "away only" games... we got a heckuva draw. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How will we have a top 25 offense with no shooters!?!? 

😁

Someone made the point about how our shooting never really improved under Archie Miller, and if you look at the stats, that is true. I looked it up, and last year was our best 3 point percentage since Tom Crean left...

In the Race Thompson article on The Daily Hoosier site I linked in another thread, Race talked about the little things the coaching staff is teaching to improve shooting... Hand position, and catching and shooting... Good stuff...

I think Coach Woodson instilling the confidence in these kids to shoot it is huge, but small adjustments to form can and do help... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...