Schedule next year

Welp if the 2016 game was any indicator of what our crowd might be like for North Carolina....Assembly just might implode this season. So glad we got this matchup. Two top 15 preseason teams with 2 of college basketball best players going head to head? Get your cash ready because these tickets are going to be pricey.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Whoever is in charge of the matchups needs to mix some things up tbh. I know we couldn’t have Duke this year because we potentially could play them in the PK85 tournament but getting Florida State for the 3rd time in 5 years is just dumb and lazy imo. 

Looks like you won't get any of the 4 7/9pm time slots. 

Put your asses on the Deuce like you belong, infidel. 

• Haha 7

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-indiana-to-host-north-carolina-in-the-2022-big-ten-acc-challenge/

"IU will now face both participants from April’s national championship game during their non conference schedule.  The Hoosiers will also face defending national champion Kansas, along with Arizona and a team from the Big East as part of the Gavitt Games."

The Gauntlet has been set. I'm sure IU will be at the top all season for having one of the toughest schedules

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp if the 2016 game was any indicator of what our crowd might be like for North Carolina....Assembly just might implode this season. So glad we got this matchup. Two top 15 preseason teams with 2 of college basketball best players going head to head? Get your cash ready because these tickets are going to be pricey.

It'll be a good matchup for us...

They bring back 3 of their top 4 scorers, and added Pete Nance (who I think is at least the equal of the departed Brady Manek)...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Nance = Manek? Really? If that’s the case why the hell we were we not pushing for him!? 

I don't know... I know Kopp is Pete's best friend. I'm surprised we didn't .

As far as numbers go though, 

Nance 15 ppg 45% from 3 and 7 boards per game...

Manek 15 ppg 40% from 3 6 boards per game 

Manek had a higher volume of shots from 3, but Nance is a better post up player, and a better defender (IMO)

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Good to have a non conference schedule like this and not have to worry about sos at the end of the year. We better come out and play otherwise we’re gonna get embarrassed and go into conference with 4-5 losses. 

Going into conference with 4 or 5 losses isn't a killer as long as we handle business in conference.  This is one of those old Michigan State schedules that Izzo would have.  You can take some licks early as long as you progress throughout the year.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Good to have a non conference schedule like this and not have to worry about sos at the end of the year. We better come out and play otherwise we’re gonna get embarrassed and go into conference with 4-5 losses. 

Michigan State had several years with an incredibly hard non-conf sos, and a mediocre record.  They lost some games, but made the final 4.

With a veteran squad,  I think you can learn and build. A young squad could have their confidence crushed. Guess we'll find out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Going into conference with 4 or 5 losses isn't a killer as long as we handle business in conference.  This is one of those old Michigan State schedules that Izzo would have.  You can take some licks early as long as you progress throughout the year.

Great minds. Beat me to it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Great minds. Beat me to it!

UCLA thumped us good preconference in the 1992 Final Four season.  That same team got their doors blown off by Indiana in the tournament.  Losing stinks, but when you have a good team (and we should) sometimes those early losses can pan out to better things later in the year.

If a couple of pieces fall into place, I think we are a dark horse title contender.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eddy4iu said:

Needless to say, there will be no single game tickets going on sale for this one either. Gonna be a very tough ticket on the secondary market though.

I won't even attempt. Plus.. probs gunna be a 920 tip and that's late for this teacher on a week day. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I won't even attempt. Plus.. probs gunna be a 920 tip and that's late for this teacher on a week day. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I thought the same regarding a late tip for this one as soon as I saw it.  What a HUGE game for the program and Assembly Hall will be as electric as it has been in MANY years!  Will have to get to Bloomington very early to get into Nick's and that will contribute to a rowdy crowd at the game.  Beer sales in Assembly Hall too this year?  Whoa Nellie!

I booked a couple rooms at the Graduate for that night and I only live 45 minutes away in Columbus, IN.  Not sure I'll end up using the rooms but will feel better having the option.

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

I thought the same regarding a late tip for this one as soon as I saw it.  What a HUGE game for the program and Assembly Hall will be as electric as it has been in MANY years!  Will have to get to Bloomington very early to get into Nick's and that will contribute to a rowdy crowd at the game.  Beer sales in Assembly Hall too this year?  Whoa Nellie!

I booked a couple rooms at the Graduate for that night and I only live 45 minutes away in Columbus, IN.  Not sure I'll end up using the rooms but will feel better having the option.

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

Haha I'm in Cbus, as well. Go Hoosiers!

• Like 1