Schedule next year

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

Needless to say, there will be no single game tickets going on sale for this one either. Gonna be a very tough ticket on the secondary market though.

Family I know told me their courtside (row 8 I believe) were fetching $2k+ for 2016 game vs Carolina. Can't imagine what this one will do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Family I know told me their courtside (row 8 I believe) were fetching $2k+ for 2016 game vs Carolina. Can't imagine what this one will do. 

I can vouch for that number but I didn't sell.  Took 3 of my good friends who are regular and collected $40 from each of them.  

Was also offered $2,500 per for the Kentucky game in 2007 BY A SCALPER!  Same result though.  Didn't work my way up to those seats over years just to sell them.

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

Edited by eddy4iu
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

I can vouch for that number but I didn't sell.  Took 3 of my good friends who are regular and collected $40 from each of them.  

Was also offered $2,500 per for the Kentucky game in 2007 BY A SCALPER!  Same result though.  Didn't work my way up to those seats over years just to sell them.

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

Can I be your friend...:coffee:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd be a tad surprised if he was as good as Manek, but didn't he portal very late in the process after IIU was pretty much set?

I'm not the only one of that opinion

"The late addition of Northwestern transfer Pete Nance pushes the Tar Heels into the No. 1 spot with rosters mostly set. The 6’10” forward is a perfect fit to replace Brady Manek at the power forward spot for Hubert Davis: While not the elite shooter Manek is, Nance is a capable outside threat and is more versatile defensively, a better passer and a more gifted post scorer than Manek was for the 2021–22 Heels. He also gives Davis a chance to rest star center Armando Bacot at times, a necessity after Bacot averaged over 35 minutes per game in the season’s final 13 games. "

I posted his 3 point numbers...45% to Manek's 40%, albeit at a lower volume (last year Nance took 3 a game, Manek 6)...But overall, I think he's a plus for the Heels over Manek...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not the only one of that opinion

"The late addition of Northwestern transfer Pete Nance pushes the Tar Heels into the No. 1 spot with rosters mostly set. The 6’10” forward is a perfect fit to replace Brady Manek at the power forward spot for Hubert Davis: While not the elite shooter Manek is, Nance is a capable outside threat and is more versatile defensively, a better passer and a more gifted post scorer than Manek was for the 2021–22 Heels. He also gives Davis a chance to rest star center Armando Bacot at times, a necessity after Bacot averaged over 35 minutes per game in the season’s final 13 games. "

I posted his 3 point numbers...45% to Manek's 40%, albeit at a lower volume (last year Nance took 3 a game, Manek 6)...But overall, I think he's a plus for the Heels over Manek...

You could both be right but what I saw last year didn't pass the eye test.  He's a nice player on a weak team.  I'd still be surprised if he had Manek's level of contribution on a much better team.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You could both be right but what I saw last year didn't pass the eye test.  He's a nice player on a weak team.  I'd still be surprised if he had Manek's level of contribution on a much better team.

UNC was a completely different team with Manek in the game. His competitiveness really cranked up their intensity, and fired up their fans. He also looked for the big shot in big moments.  Manek was also very physical and did all the small things not seen on the stat sheet.

Nance has all the tools and may fill the hole, but he was a nice player on a bad team.  He may or may not be a good fit. His level of impact remains to be seen.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

UNC was a completely different team with Manek in the game. His competitiveness really cranked up their intensity, and fired up their fans. He also looked for the big shot in big moments.  Manek was also very physical and did all the small things not seen on the stat sheet.

He was their Race Thompson, maybe just a little more clutch.

3 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

IU will play @ Xavier for the Gavitt Games

Just saw that and was going to post the same thing.

Xavier.

KU.

Arizona.

UNC.

Got 4 really good teams so the last couple of teams need to be automatic wins.  Not the 300+ teams but we need the wins.  Hopefully we can go at least 2-2 in those tough games.

37 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Not sure what that has to do with my post lol. 

But I have no issues with that game. Setting up a Loyer versus Loyer matchup is cool and we’ll see how things progress going forward. Don’t think we’re tied down to this thing going forward and it’s not like the Crossroads where it’s the same 4 teams. I don’t think we were too worried about non-conference SOS this upcoming season due to who we’d likely play in the PK85 tournament which is stacked. 

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Makes sense that the defending co-champs get the easiest schedule, while NW, NE and MN get the most difficult..  

I don't even understand what this statement has to do with scheduling:

The schedule gods have been cruel to the Illini the past 2 postseasons, setting Illinois up with wildly under-seeded opponents in the NCAA Tournament Second Round.

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Makes sense that the defending co-champs get the easiest schedule, while NW, NE and MN get the most difficult..  

I don't even understand what this statement has to do with scheduling:

The schedule gods have been cruel to the Illini the past 2 postseasons, setting Illinois up with wildly under-seeded opponents in the NCAA Tournament Second Round.

It makes sense that the bottom teams have a tougher schedule because there are no teams below them to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It makes sense that the bottom teams have a tougher schedule because there are no teams below them to play.

I get that, but they could have the teams that finished in the bottom half all play home and home against each other (and do the same for the top half) and then have the bottom half teams only play one game against the top teams. 

• Like 1