Schedule next year

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It makes sense that the bottom teams have a tougher schedule because there are no teams below them to play.

This wasn't basing "toughness" on how the teams were expected to play against their competition. So whether they would be favored or not wasn't part of the equation.

That said, it wasn't exactly scientific as the article says so itself.

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Note for the game against Xavier...

Saw where our friend Jerome Hunter will be back with the Musketeers... And on his second Miller... 

We will also be facing Colby Jones from Mountain Brook, Al that played on the same high school team as Trendon Watford. Not sure how he wasn't scouted better when they came to watch Trendon. Great player, student, and person. Very athletic.

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

We will also be facing Colby Jones from Mountain Brook, Al that played on the same high school team as Trendon Watford. Not sure how he wasn't scouted better when they came to watch Trendon. Great player, student, and person. Very athletic.

He can only be a good player if he shoots a better % from 3... :coffee:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Of those, If…..

we lose 1 or less, we are over achieving and heading into B1G play ranked in the top ten. 

we lose 2, we are who we thought we were. 

we lose 3, we would slightly be underachieving, but the sky won’t be falling. 

we lose 4, possible meltdown mode. 

Edited by tdhoosier

19 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Of those, If…..

we lose 1 or less, we are over achieving and heading into B1G play ranked in the top ten. 

we lose 2, we are who we thought we were. 

we lose 3, we would slightly be underachieving, but the sky won’t be falling. 

we lose 4, possible meltdown mode. 

I think we lose 2.  Kansas will be a loss, Arizona a win and the other 2 are the toss ups.

• Like 1

What I really like about this schedule is that they give themselves plenty of time before each of the big games to rest and prepare.

Xavier: 8 days

UNC: 5 days

Arizona: 10 days

Kansas: 7 days

Then all cupcake games are on shorter turn times so they get to practice playing with less rest/prep time against easier teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

What I really like about this schedule is that they give themselves plenty of time before each of the big games to rest and prepare.

Xavier: 8 days

UNC: 5 days

Arizona: 10 days

Kansas: 7 days

Then all cupcake games are on shorter turn times so they get to practice playing with less rest/prep time against easier teams.

Hold onto the thoughts of plenty of downtime. We have two Big 10 games in there between UNC....2 Big 10 games....Arizona, Kansas...so hopefully we don't have any tough one's that week of Dec 1-9th because we could be setting up a murderer's row schedule. 

Edited by Seeking6

One other scheduling note. Rabby has it posted as well. IU is playing in Indy on November 20th. Sunday before Thanksgiving. Colts have home game that day at 1pm so my guess is it will be some sort of late afternoon or evening game on BTN for those wanting to do the daily double.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One other scheduling note. Rabby has it posted as well. IU is playing in Indy on November 20th. Sunday before Thanksgiving. Colts have home game that day at 1pm so my guess is it will be some sort of late afternoon or evening game on BTN for those wanting to do the daily double.

Last year that happened with the Cross Roads and I erny both the IU and Colts game

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hold onto the thoughts of plenty of downtime. We have two Big 10 games in there between UNC....2 Big 10 games....Arizona, Kansas...so hopefully we don't have any tough one's that week of Dec 1-9th because we could be setting up a murderer's row schedule. 

Yeah, I forgot about the B1G games in December.

• Like 1