Jump to content

Schedule next year


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It makes sense that the bottom teams have a tougher schedule because there are no teams below them to play.

This wasn't basing "toughness" on how the teams were expected to play against their competition. So whether they would be favored or not wasn't part of the equation.

That said, it wasn't exactly scientific as the article says so itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure we haven’t played them Christmas break when Curry was there. Kramer and co shut him down that game which is still wild to think about. He turned out okay though…

It's the small victories that count 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Note for the game against Xavier...

Saw where our friend Jerome Hunter will be back with the Musketeers... And on his second Miller... 

We will also be facing Colby Jones from Mountain Brook, Al that played on the same high school team as Trendon Watford. Not sure how he wasn't scouted better when they came to watch Trendon. Great player, student, and person. Very athletic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

We will also be facing Colby Jones from Mountain Brook, Al that played on the same high school team as Trendon Watford. Not sure how he wasn't scouted better when they came to watch Trendon. Great player, student, and person. Very athletic.

He can only be a good player if he shoots a better % from 3... :coffee:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

 

Of those, If…..

we lose 1 or less, we are over achieving and heading into B1G play ranked in the top ten. 

we lose 2, we are who we thought we were. 

we lose 3, we would slightly be underachieving, but the sky won’t be falling. 

we lose 4, possible meltdown mode. 

Edited by tdhoosier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Of those, If…..

we lose 1 or less, we are over achieving and heading into B1G play ranked in the top ten. 

we lose 2, we are who we thought we were. 

we lose 3, we would slightly be underachieving, but the sky won’t be falling. 

we lose 4, possible meltdown mode. 

I think we lose 2.  Kansas will be a loss, Arizona a win and the other 2 are the toss ups.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I really like about this schedule is that they give themselves plenty of time before each of the big games to rest and prepare.

Xavier: 8 days

UNC: 5 days

Arizona: 10 days

Kansas: 7 days

Then all cupcake games are on shorter turn times so they get to practice playing with less rest/prep time against easier teams.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

What I really like about this schedule is that they give themselves plenty of time before each of the big games to rest and prepare.

Xavier: 8 days

UNC: 5 days

Arizona: 10 days

Kansas: 7 days

Then all cupcake games are on shorter turn times so they get to practice playing with less rest/prep time against easier teams.

Hold onto the thoughts of plenty of downtime. We have two Big 10 games in there between UNC....2 Big 10 games....Arizona, Kansas...so hopefully we don't have any tough one's that week of Dec 1-9th because we could be setting up a murderer's row schedule. 

Edited by Seeking6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One other scheduling note. Rabby has it posted as well. IU is playing in Indy on November 20th. Sunday before Thanksgiving. Colts have home game that day at 1pm so my guess is it will be some sort of late afternoon or evening game on BTN for those wanting to do the daily double.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One other scheduling note. Rabby has it posted as well. IU is playing in Indy on November 20th. Sunday before Thanksgiving. Colts have home game that day at 1pm so my guess is it will be some sort of late afternoon or evening game on BTN for those wanting to do the daily double.

Last year that happened with the Cross Roads and I erny both the IU and Colts game

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hold onto the thoughts of plenty of downtime. We have two Big 10 games in there between UNC....2 Big 10 games....Arizona, Kansas...so hopefully we don't have any tough one's that week of Dec 1-9th because we could be setting up a murderer's row schedule. 

Yeah, I forgot about the B1G games in December.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Yeah, I forgot about the B1G games in December.

Hopefully the Big 10 does a solid and gives us home with Northwestern and maybe at Nebraska between the gauntlet of UNC, Arizona, and Kansas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...