HoosierKix

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, bstall76 said:
Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanESPN
FollowingFollowing @GoodmanESPN
More

Maine senior guard Aaron Calixte told ESPN he will transfer. Eligible next season. Averaged 17 points per game this year.

8:57 PM - 5 Mar 2018

SG not a PG, Shot 39% from 3 and 90% from the free throw line.

Dude averaged 4 TO per game at Maine.  

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Every team has to have a leading scorer right? Even Pitt has a leading scorer, does not mean they are good.

It is the hard part of grad transfers.  Figuring out which ones are better than their numbers, fit, etc.    Mark Alstork at Illinois this year had a nice welcome to high major basketball this year.  

Jaaron Simmons went from 7 apg and 16 ppg to barely playing at Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

It is the hard part of grad transfers.  Figuring out which ones are better than their numbers, fit, etc.    Mark Alstork at Illinois this year had a nice welcome to high major basketball this year.  

Jaaron Simmons went from 7 apg and 16 ppg to barely playing at Michigan. 

I guess that is why the coaches make the big bucks. 

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Have you seen the stout D played in the America East conference though?  :coffee:

I would have 'liked' this post, but I was going to post the same thing.  I hold grudges against people that beat me to the punch.  :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

I see IU has supposedly reached out to Ryan Taylor of Evansville.  6'6" shooting guard that led his conference in scoring.  Originally from Gary area,  played one year at Ohio before transferring to UE.   Graduates in May.  The article said UCLA has interest also.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I see IU has supposedly reached out to Ryan Taylor of Evansville.  6'6" shooting guard that led his conference in scoring.  Originally from Gary area,  played one year at Ohio before transferring to UE.   Graduates in May.  The article said UCLA has interest also.

Appears to be a perfect fit on paper! Archie needs to tell Alford to pick up sticks

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Takes an astounding 40.7% of Evansville's shots, and probably as a result, is not particularly efficient.  But was .424 from three and .864 from the FT line, so if he can play defense, he'd be a good get if we lose the Langford sweepstakes.

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

Would be a nice pickup.

6 hours ago, BoomBaby said:

Takes an astounding 40.7% of Evansville's shots, and probably as a result, is not particularly efficient.  But was .424 from three and .864 from the FT line, so if he can play defense, he'd be a good get if we lose the Langford sweepstakes.

We need them both!!! We need guards. 

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

We need them both!!! We need guards. 

Certainly a defensible position in the case of a guard who is capable of being a primary ball-handler, given the deficiencies of Green and Durham in that regard.  But Taylor is a wing, so if Langford comes and we continue to have no transfers out, in my opinion McRoberts deserves the last scholarship.

1 hour ago, BoomBaby said:

Certainly a defensible position in the case of a guard who is capable of being a primary ball-handler, given the deficiencies of Green and Durham in that regard.  But Taylor is a wing, so if Langford comes and we continue to have no transfers out, in my opinion McRoberts deserves the last scholarship.

I would guess McRoberts would rather play on the best team possible that has a chance to do some real damage in conference and nationally. Adding Taylor and Langford would give IU a really, really strong team. 

Taylor seems like a must for next year, especially if we lose out on Romeo. Per Jeff Goodman, he's heard from Butler, Northwestern, Vandy, South Carolina, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Wisco, Oklahoma, Illinois, Georgetown, Creighton, Minnesota, BC, IU, UCLA, Zona, Wake, Miami, Purdue, Baylor, Maryland & Mizz. Obviously a talented player.

Go get em Archie!

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Taylor seems like a must for next year, especially if we lose out on Romeo. Per Jeff Goodman, he's heard from Butler, Northwestern, Vandy, South Carolina, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Wisco, Oklahoma, Illinois, Georgetown, Creighton, Minnesota, BC, IU, UCLA, Zona, Wake, Miami, Purdue, Baylor, Maryland & Mizz. Obviously a talented player.

Go get em Archie!

Vandy?  Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Archived