Grad Transfers?

HoosierKix

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Exactly, which is why we could really use a player with experience to pair with him, back him up, or even start ahead of him at the beginning until he gets his feet wet. Ideally I think you'd want someone that can play point, but also slide into a shooter role and play alongside Phinisee at times too. 

Yes. Cory Joesph plays that role for the Pacers well. 

A senior guard of some sort would be great, though I don't find to be quiet as dire as some if we land Romeo. 

I figure Romeo and McRoberts are more than capable of playing 30+ minutes at the 2 and 3. Factor in Anderson and Hunter and we should be good there. If Phinisee is ready to play 20-25 minutes then we just need Green and Durham to get us through the rest of the game. 

I can't see Archie playing a big rotation just for the sake of it. He has shown he doesn't have a problem playing tight rotations and big minutes to the guys who he needs to win. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

A senior guard of some sort would be great, though I don't find to be quiet as dire as some if we land Romeo. 

I figure Romeo and McRoberts are more than capable of playing 30+ minutes at the 2 and 3. Factor in Anderson and Hunter and we should be good there. If Phinisee is ready to play 20-25 minutes then we just need Green and Durham to get us through the rest of the game. 

I can't see Archie playing a big rotation just for the sake of it. He has shown he doesn't have a problem playing tight rotations and big minutes to the guys who he needs to win. 

Still not much depth at the guard positions though. I don't think we would turn down a one year grad transfer at the guard position. 

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Still not much depth at the guard positions though. I don't think we would turn down a one year grad transfer at the guard position. 

Wouldn't turn it down I just don't think it's as necessary as some do if we get Romeo. You'd have 3 guys that could play the 1 and probably 7 guys who could play the 2 or 3. 

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Definitely talent in that group, but you listed Langford, McRoberts, Phinisee, Hunter and Anderson. That’s four freshmen. We’d be putting a ton of faith in four freshmen to basically be our backcourt, especially whencMcRoberts isn’t really a ball handler. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Definitely talent in that group, but you listed Langford, McRoberts, Phinisee, Hunter and Anderson. That’s four freshmen. We’d be putting a ton of faith in four freshmen to basically be our backcourt, especially whencMcRoberts isn’t really a ball handler. 

Sure, but I don't think counting on Romeo is a stretch at all and I'm talking about Anderson and Hunter is backups in this scenario playing like 20 minutes combined per game, maybe less (can certainly see McRoberts and Romeo playing closer to 35 minutes in big games). So we are really talking about Phinisee at the point either Durham and Green backing him up. I trust at least Durham to develop into a steady backup to help take the load off of Rob. Green is obviously a huge wild card. 

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Sure, but I don't think counting on Romeo is a stretch at all and I'm talking about Anderson and Hunter is backups in this scenario playing like 20 minutes combined per game, maybe less (can certainly see McRoberts and Romeo playing closer to 35 minutes in big games). So we are really talking about Phinisee at the point either Durham and Green backing him up. I trust at least Durham to develop into a steady backup to help take the load off of Rob. Green is obviously a huge wild card. 

Green grows up... Romeo comes, we've got something. 

Romeo would play the 3 plenty at that point. 

Phinisee, Green, Romeo, Hunter, and Morgan and just dribble drive all day... ughhhh. At some point water finds it's level and we get some good news!!!

• 1 month later...

I didn’t start the rumor, so I don’t know if he’s graduating this year or if he’s interested in playing for his home state school, but Jaelen Sanford of Toledo is like the perfect fit for what we need.  Even if we didn’t get Langford, I think we could be pretty good with Sanford.  There’s nothing not to like about him.  

Transfer season is about to kick into high gear. Couple of Big 10 programs will be losing multiple guys this week. As it relates to IU...I want to take this moment before this part of the year to say thanks to all who chose IU. If there's a better option out there. We thank you and wish you the best of luck. 

Obviously everything depends on Romeo/Juwan leaving staying but I'll always welcome shooters. Archie will take care of the defense part of it but shooters are always welcome in my books.

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-1/

7 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

For those interested in seeing Jaelen Sanford, Toledo plays this THU in MAC tourney!  Game should be on, at least, ESPN 3.  

Sanford isn't an option.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:27 AM, btownqb said:

Green grows up... Romeo comes, we've got something. 

Romeo would play the 3 plenty at that point. 

Phinisee, Green, Romeo, Hunter, and Morgan and just dribble drive all day... ughhhh. At some point water finds it's level and we get some good news!!!

Romeo would play the 2.  Better chance of starting Phinisee, Romeo, Hunter, Smith and Morgan.  Smith will be a ton better next year. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Summer work? 

They just said that right now its not looking like an option. Work to be done for that to be a reality.  If we are all going to guess, Persons from Ball State already transferred once from Northern Kentucky and had to sit out a year so that could possibly be a more realistic since he has been in college for four years.  He is more of a PG than Sanford as well.  

12 minutes ago, bstall76 said:
Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanESPN
FollowingFollowing @GoodmanESPN
More

Maine senior guard Aaron Calixte told ESPN he will transfer. Eligible next season. Averaged 17 points per game this year.

8:57 PM - 5 Mar 2018

SG not a PG, Shot 39% from 3 and 90% from the free throw line.

Scored in double figures in all but two games. Still avged over 3 assists a game. 

Archived