Favorite 2 IU players from 2008 - Present (Crean thru Woodson)

• IowaHoosierFan changed the title to Favorite 2 players from 2008 - Present (Crean thru Woodson)
  • IowaHoosierFan changed the title to Favorite 2 IU players from 2008 - Present (Crean thru Woodson)

3 years ago this would have been easy.  But, I've soured a bit on Vic, who was a clear number one until recently.

- Yogi

- Watford

I'm replacing Vic for Watford.  I want players who contributed to team success and hung around a while.  Sorry Romeo.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

3 years ago this would have been easy.  But, I've soured a bit on Vic, who was a clear number one until recently.

- Yogi

- Watford

I'm replacing Vic for Watford.  I want players who contributed to team success and hung around a while.  Sorry Romeo.

Romeo shouldn't have gone to college at all. Romeo also should have been done at IU as soon as he was hurt in Nov, few dudes are tougher then that cat. 

I feel you on Watford. I think I would have him over Morgan now that you mention it. 

"TRAILER"!!!! 

• Like 1

I think you have to go Zeller #1 and then probably Yogi #2. 

With that said, I think people sleep on Thomas Bryant a ton. A lot of that is probably because he isn't an Indiana kid, but the dude was an absolute stud and we don't win the Big Ten or go to the Sweet Sixteen without him. 

I'm an Oladipo guy too, and he might have been the most talented player in 12-13, but Zeller was the most important player from 11-13. He was the game changer. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Romeo shouldn't have gone to college at all. Romeo also should have been done at IU as soon as he was hurt in Nov, few dudes are tougher then that cat. 

I feel you on Watford. I think I would have him over Morgan now that you mention it. 

"TRAILER"!!!! 

Completely agree on Romeo. Lots of things that were out of his control went wrong for him at IU. He played through more than he had to and really seems to like IU. 

• Like 5

Only two is very hard for a 14 year period.  I think I would say Oladipo and Anunoby.  Looks like a copout since they are our two best pros, but I liked them alot when they were here so it's sincere.  Special status for Zeller and TJD for their leadership in getting IU back on track.  Bryant and Yogi were also very important players, obviously.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

- Yogi

- Watford

Not sure why you soured on Vic, must be something i haven't heard about.  I will say Watford was my #3

Yogi is #1 for me - primarily because he was a mainstay on both of IU’s B1G championship teams during that timeframe.

Cody is #2 - his commitment was, in my opinion, the biggest in quite some time for IU. That recruitment put us back on the map and lead to several others coming to Bloomington(Yogi specifically). 

Loved the entire 2013 class, and can’t remember another class where each of them ended up in the NBA. Bryant, Morgan and OG were all great players at IU. 

Lots of love for Crean’s first two classes as well. Those guys were grinders. VJ3, Jordy and Watford gave us some great moments and were warriors. I felt like we could’ve made some more noise had VJ3 not went down at the end of the season. His leadership was missed during that tournament run, and who knows, maybe we knock off the eventual champs… again. 

Noah and Romeo were extraordinary talents that could’ve benefited from an additional season, but who am I kidding? They did what was best for them, and I can’t blame them. 

Vic and Troy were two of the most athletic young me that I recall wearing the candy stripes, and Vic is near the top for me. I felt like Vic hurt his image to some by leaving the Pacers. I don’t really care about that, but others apparently do. He was the guy, then decided to make a business decision. I don’t blame him though. The Pacers have had some great teams, but never have been the type of organization to take that last step to add(spend) the last piece. 

Sorry, but definitely Yogi and Cody. 😂

• Like 2