Favorite 2 IU players from 2008 - Present (Crean thru Woodson)

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

So cool.  Did you reveal where?  

Hey!  I actually had not.  Thanks for asking.  He is going to Presbyterian College in SC.  Small D1 school in the Big South conference.  I think a great fit for him.  Personally I could never be a walk on when I could go to a lower division and play, but he wants the year round training and to see the inner workings of a D1 program to prepare him for a coaching career.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Hey!  I actually had not.  Thanks for asking.  He is going to Presbyterian College in SC.  Small D1 school in the Big South conference.  I think a great fit for him.  Personally I could never be a walk on when I could go to a lower division and play, but he wants the year round training and to see the inner workings of a D1 program to prepare him for a coaching career.  

That's pretty smart and dedicated of him I'm sure he's going to pave a great path for himself.  Lots of time, sacrifice, abd dedication and few good breaks here and there and you may just find yourself on the bench of another young up and comer.  

• Like 2

Yeah I'm a little shocked Watford's not getting more love on this thread.  Maybe people soured because little brother took a bag of cash and instead of coming here but that had nothing to do with Christian.  Christian was a fantastic and still is a fantastic ambassador for this University and the program.  He also played a massive part on the best team since early 2000's and was the final touch on our wildest moment in the last 15 or ao years.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah I'm a little shocked Watford's not getting more love on this thread.  Maybe people soured because little brother took a bag of cash and instead of coming here but that had nothing to do with Christian.  Christian was a fantastic and still is a fantastic ambassador for this University and the program.  He also played a massive part on the best team since early 2000's and was the final touch on our wildest moment in the last 15 or ao years.  

He was my number 3.  I limited it to 2, so for me Yogi and Vic were my favorite, but Christian was right there with them

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

had a pretty important block, as well

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

That's really cool and that he wants to be a coach.  Great profession if you're passionate about it.

My nephew is graduating too. He was an all district player in the DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, metro area).  Tough guard, averaged well into double figures and could have played DIII or walked on in D1.  He is not going into coaching so he is going to stop with ball and focus on academics.  He is a smart kid as he had a 1500 SAT and great grades.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He said in some prior years, players were burnt out at the end of the season, but no longer.

It's nice to see it acknowledged since it was obvious this was the case to fans. This seemed to sometimes happen under Crean but often under Miller. 1 season under Woodson has already made a difference in mindset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Where is he going to play? That's very cool, congrats to him and to you! 

Thanks for asking.  He is going to Presbyterian College in SC.  Small D1 school in the Big South conference.  I think a great fit for him.  Personally I could never be a walk on when I could go to a lower division and play, but he wants the year round training and to see the inner workings of a D1 program to prepare him for a coaching career.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That's really cool and that he wants to be a coach.  Great profession if you're passionate about it.

My nephew is graduating too. He was an all district player in the DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, metro area).  Tough guard, averaged well into double figures and could have played DIII or walked on in D1.  He is not going into coaching so he is going to stop with ball and focus on academics.  He is a smart kid as he had a 1500 SAT and great grades.

Exactly the situation my son was in.  2nd team all district.  2x state champs.  They finished undefeated two years in a row (49-0). 41% 3 point shooter with 186 made in 3 years.  4.4 GPA.  1320 SAT.  He had D3 or walk on at D1.  Personally, I would have to play!  I'd go to D3 and tear it up!  He's wired differently.  I hope he is happy!  Sorry to derail the thread - I still say Yogi and Cody with an honorable mention to Daniel Moore.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Thanks for asking.  He is going to Presbyterian College in SC.  Small D1 school in the Big South conference.  I think a great fit for him.  Personally I could never be a walk on when I could go to a lower division and play, but he wants the year round training and to see the inner workings of a D1 program to prepare him for a coaching career.  

That's awesome, he seems like he must have a great head on his shoulders. Well done! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Favorites...

Vic

TJD

But I respect and admire Juwan Morgan. That guy was tough as nails and worked his way into being a really good player, in tough situations. High character guy for sure!

Worked his way from a 3 star recruit into the League as well