Mike Woodson wants IU-Kentucky series back: 'However we’ve got to get it done, I’ll take it.'

20 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I liked it better when it was played at neutral sites.  Sea of red on one side and sea of blue on the other.  Don’t know why most are hung up on the home and home aspect, there’s other big name programs we can get for that.

To me regular season games are meant to be played on campus except for these in season tournaments.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

I think the so called “recruiting boost” for Kentucky playing in Indiana on a neutral court site is way overblown in my opinion. They don’t need anymore exposure than they already have. Same with duke, unc, etc. Any kid being recruited at that high of a level is gonna be familiar with those programs. Playing a game near them isn’t going to change a thing. Just get the rivalry back and let’s watch some good basketball. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Draw a straight line between BTown and Lexington and you’d wind up approximately in Madison, IN. Given that town’s history of boat racing on the Ohio, here’s what we’re going to do. (Hold my beer)

We’re going to get a couple of barges, constrict a court and play the game in the middle of the damn river. One year we can have it slightly closer to Indiana, next year we can have it slightly closer to Kentucky. 

Two years of this and Teflon John will be begging to come back to SSAH, because god knows what a good dose of Ohio River water will do to those Ferragamo loafers. May want to put on socks Johnny Boy. :coffee: 

Hey man, no need to hate on a good loafer game. 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:15 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

I say do it in Chicago, not Indy.  

As a resident of Indiana and the Indianapolis area, f--- Chicago.  Why on earth would we move the game there?  Indy has better walkability to the venues, Indianapolis reaps some economic benefits from the game (as opposed to a city in another state), it is closer driving distance for both fan bases....

If you cannot get the game at home, there is no way in hell I would want it in Chicago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

As a resident of Indiana and the Indianapolis area, f--- Chicago.  Why on earth would we move the game there?  Indy has better walkability to the venues, Indianapolis reaps some economic benefits from the game (as opposed to a city in another state), it is closer driving distance for both fan bases....

If you cannot get the game at home, there is no way in hell I would want it in Chicago.

I think some were trying to find a spot not in KY or IN, as we don’t want UK on display in our state. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Who cares where they play? Just play. Home/home? Fine. Neutral site in Indy? Fine. Destination neutral site? Fine. 

Just play them and beat them! It's a great rivalry, play them anywhere and beat them regularly. 

I agree. Kentucky could duck us because we needed to play them a lot more then they needed to play us. Recognizing that reality, I don't much care where this gets played, just put it back on our schedule. It's what the fans want and elevates our program just by happening, no matter the result.

• Like 1