B1G tournament

btownqb

I think we go again about the same time today. We get ILL who basically gets no rest (they played after us last night)... 

Brehmer will start, I assume. Tucker will throw after him. Brehmer did not pitch well the first time vs. ILL. 

Kraft would be a guy that could throw an inning. 

If we win, first of all, we would have had an excellent first two games if we could do that...  but if we do, I would assume Mudugno would have to get game 3. 

Btw.. Carter Mathison is tied for 2nd in career FR HR in the B1G now. 

• Like 1

Brehmer absolutely dominated today. 

9IP 4H 6K 2BB 1ER

I don't think they squared him up once. 

ILL starter was damn good too. We have had great ABs in both games. 

Tomorrow--- zero clue who you start-- Perkins threw 28p TH night. I think he could throw 65p or so tomorrow if you wanted him to. Not sure if you would want to start him or not? He has struggled lately. 

Either way... he has to give you 3-4 innings tomorrow. Kraft has been on the good side of shaky lately. Maybe he can give you two. Tucker is another option. He could throw 85-90p. Solid chance he starts. 

We need Maryland to wake up. 

Maryland around 1ET today. They do have a #3 starter, that I assume will throw today. They won't have a ton of bullpen guys that they use a lot, available. It's paramount we chase their starter early. 

Looking at their bullpen #s in conference, its not tremendous at all. They rely on their staters to throw them 15+ good innings a weekend. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Maryland around 1ET today. They do have a #3 starter, that I assume will throw today. They won't have a ton of bullpen guys that they use a lot, available. It's paramount we chase their starter early. 

Looking at their bullpen #s in conference, its not tremendous at all. They rely on their staters to throw them 15+ good innings a weekend. 

Looks like our pitching is turning the corner 👀 at least some positive momentum to bring in to next year. We should have the chance to be really good next couple years if our pitching improves 

19 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Looks like our pitching is turning the corner 👀 at least some positive momentum to bring in to next year. We should have the chance to be really good next couple years if our pitching improves 

Yeah we're going to be fine. This is NOT a what have you done for me recently sport. 

Lets go compete at 2pm! 

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

It really baffles me why they play reruns of wrestling and old football games on weekends WHILE there are live baseball games being played.

Especially on like.... a Fri night when they all have their aces throwing lol

Its a joke.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

It really baffles me why they play reruns of wrestling and old football games on weekends WHILE there are live baseball games being played.

Nope. OSU vs Michigan from 1997. Gotcha, I get it, Charles Woodson was very good. I realize that. He's one of my favorite players ever. 

People can get pissed all they want at me.... the SEC is a superior conference, and it's ran that way. 

• Like 1