Weird dreams

In one of the basketball threads, a few posters mentioned repeatedly having dreams that they're in school again and either can't find the classroom or don't know what's going on. 

Last night, I had a dream I was in 7th grade again and had just remembered a research paper that was due the next day. The teacher had assigned it a month ago and never mentioned it again. I didn't have a prayer of finishing it in one day and hoped it wouldn't wreck my grade. The next day in class, just two minutes before the bell, the teacher asked everyone to turn in the paper that was assigned last month. Everyone produced lengthy typed stacks of papers except me. I quickly left the room and went to my locker, which wouldn't open because I couldn't remember the combination. I somehow got it open, only to find the stuff inside wasn't mine. It was lunch time, so I went to the lunch room and thought it was strange that there was no line. The dream finally ended there. 

What are some of the strangest, scariest or craziest dreams you've had?

I have this recurring dream where I am in my last semester of college and it's finals week. I have 4 classes but one I just never attended and it's only offered during spring semester. So I end up never graduating. 

I graduated college in 2008 and even today still have this stupid dream.  

Not long ago I was given Trazedone to help with insomnia. One night I was in a gunfight in a parking garage. I woke up sweating and breathing like I had just ran a mile. 

Another night I was karate chopping people in the back of the head and ended up karate chopping my wife across the shoulder while asleep. I quit taking that stuff. 

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

In one of the basketball threads, a few posters mentioned repeatedly having dreams that they're in school again and either can't find the classroom or don't know what's going on. 

Last night, I had a dream I was in 7th grade again and had just remembered a research paper that was due the next day. The teacher had assigned it a month ago and never mentioned it again. I didn't have a prayer of finishing it in one day and hoped it wouldn't wreck my grade. The next day in class, just two minutes before the bell, the teacher asked everyone to turn in the paper that was assigned last month. Everyone produced lengthy typed stacks of papers except me. I quickly left the room and went to my locker, which wouldn't open because I couldn't remember the combination. I somehow got it open, only to find the stuff inside wasn't mine. It was lunch time, so I went to the lunch room and thought it was strange that there was no line. The dream finally ended there. 

What are some of the strangest, scariest or craziest dreams you've had?

Honestly I've been battling a fear of flying dream. Somehow I'm on a plane or falling off of one,etc....haven't been in a plane since my last ride in 2020 just before Covid. Was a 2 hour roller coaster ride from Naples to Indy....pilot was trying his best but the entire South was under strong storms. 

I know it's all mental but man dreams can mess you up. 

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, I had a dream we were playing Purdue at home, and for God knows what reason, Archie Miller was in attendance, sitting a few rows behind our bench. It was about halfway through the Big Ten season. We were in first place, and ranked in the top 10. Purdue was in 7th or 8th and looking like an NIT team. The camera panned to Miller at least 3 times in the first half, where he looked solemn and stone-faced as always. We sleep-walked through the first half and were down 6 at the break. The tension among those watching the game, both on this board and at the game, was unbelievable. Then, for whatever reason, Miller disappeared, and the broadcasters kept wondering where he went. We started the second half on a 12-0 run and never looked back. 

• 2 months later...

So I had a dream last night where I was living in a cabin by a lake. There were giant alligators trying to eat me. I removed one alligators head, wrapped it in aluminum foil and tossed it back in the lake. Kevin Bacon and Matthew McConaughey was in it.  Matthew McConaughey just kept repeating "be a lot cooler if you did".  It looked like the scene from the first Friday the 13th movie. 

• Haha 1