HSN Fantasy Football

HSN Posters.  Last year (HSN) we had a pair of 12 team Fantasy Football leagues (free).  The competition was fierce, but it was a heckuva good time.  Based on early feedback from those that played last season, we expect to need approximately 4-5 replacement teams this year (out of 24).  If you have any interest in joining, I will guarantee a spot to the first 4 that respond to this thread. If more are interested, we will create a waiting list starting after 4 for 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. in case we have more open spots than expected.  

League setup is fairly standard, with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Defense, 1 K, and 1 Flex with a bench.  Scoring is fairly standard PPR with a little extra QB scoring on TD passes and some yardage bonuses.  But, nothing overly exotic.   Beyond a couple of hours for the draft,  the time commitment can be as little as a few minutes each week to ensure you field a complete lineup.  

If you've never played before, this is a perfect opportunity to get your feet wet since there is no cost.  If you miss the playoffs, who cares.  None of us know who you really are anyway.  If you win, you have board bragging rights for the entire next year.

Edited by 5fouls

Ladies and Gents, there are enough members here we could do 3 leagues. Quick and easy. Ladies this is a great time to jump in a league if you have never played before, show hubby how its done. Larkers, great time to sign up to HSN and jump into something fun and get to know some of our members, good and bad....:coffee:

• 5fouls changed the title to Spots Still Available for HSN Football Leagues!

Here's where we stand player-wise as of today.  Still waiting for official word from a couple of players from last year.

1) @5fouls

2) @Indykev

3) @KDB

4) @Parakeet Jones

5) @btownqb

6) @Seeking6

7) @KoB2011

8 ) @rico

9) @dgambill

10) @NotIThatLives

11) @mrflynn03

12) @tdhoosier

13) @BeerBQ

14) @Billingsley99

15) @PAHoosier

16) @JaybobHoosier

17) @iuswingman

18) @trc

19) @ATX_sig

20) @iuthruandthru

21) @ephul

22)  @Sagamore

23) @5fouls

24) @Indykev

Edited by 5fouls

12 team leagues definitely task your roster management as the season goes along. Worse case we go to 10 with 4 team playoffs and winner of consolation bracket moving to winners league….but hopefully we find enough to fill it up and everyone else plays. Any thoughts on 1/2 point ppr? Crazy 3rd down backs can be worth more than featured backs and guys like Hunter Renfro can be more valuable than a Tyreke Hill in these full PPR leagues. 

Edited by dgambill

57 minutes ago, dgambill said:

12 team leagues definitely task your roster management as the season goes along. Worse case we go to 10 with 4 team playoffs and winner of consolation bracket moving to winners league….but hopefully we find enough to fill it up and everyone else plays. Any thoughts on 1/2 point ppr? Crazy 3rd down backs can be worth more than featured backs and guys like Hunter Renfro can be more valuable than a Tyreke Hill in these full PPR leagues. 

I'm personally a PPR guy.  The league is becoming more of a passing league and there aren't really more than 5 old-school featured backs left in the NFL (Taylor, Mixon, Harris, Henry, Cook, Barkley if he's healthy.....?).  I think PPR really balances out the first round and takes away the massive advantage the first 5 picks used to have.  I could argue all day that Austin Ekeler is just as valuable to team success as Derrick Henry is.  With backs, it's 80% the system that makes a lot of these backs successful.  

As far as receivers.  Receiving TD's last year:

• Hill - 9
  • Renfrow - 9

Hill actually had a few more catches and a couple hundred extra yards.  So, it wasn't the the number of catches that kept them close in points over the course of the season.  It literally was that Renfrow had a higher percentage of catches for TD's than Hill.

I'm open to tweaking the league rules, but PPR is one I'm pretty committed to.  Yeah, I get that a 5 yard rush and a five yard catch are basically the same thing.  But, I stand by my position that it helps balances the scoring, especially in larger leagues.  When the 12th pick of the first round can realistically be expected to score the same as the first pick, I thin that adds to the game.    

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Also if HSN starts a dynasty league I want in lol. 😂 only league I played where 75% or more played the entire season. Can’t trust anyone else to stick out multiple seasons.

I'm open to a Dynasty as an 'extra' league.  I would not want it to take away from the two regular leagues though.  I agree the players in a dynasty league are more likely to be serious.  On the flip side, I absolutely love doing the full re-draft.  In Dynasty, if you don't get someone like JT as a rookie, you never get to have him on your team.  

We can explore dynasty. but I would want all Dynasty players to commit to having a redraft team as well so we can maintain a healthy amount of participation.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1