HSN Fantasy Football

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

I wouldn't mind participating if any spots left.

Also interested if a dynasty league is started.

There are spots a available and you are in.  

I will address the dynasty option once we have our regular leagues filled up.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm personally a PPR guy.  The league is becoming more of a passing league and there aren't really more than 5 old-school featured backs left in the NFL (Taylor, Mixon, Harris, Henry, Cook, Barkley if he's healthy.....?).  I think PPR really balances out the first round and takes away the massive advantage the first 5 picks used to have.  I could argue all day that Austin Ekeler is just as valuable to team success as Derrick Henry is.  With backs, it's 80% the system that makes a lot of these backs successful.  

As far as receivers.  Receiving TD's last year:

• Hill - 9
  • Renfrow - 9

Hill actually had a few more catches and a couple hundred extra yards.  So, it wasn't the the number of catches that kept them close in points over the course of the season.  It literally was that Renfrow had a higher percentage of catches for TD's than Hill.

I'm open to tweaking the league rules, but PPR is one I'm pretty committed to.  Yeah, I get that a 5 yard rush and a five yard catch are basically the same thing.  But, I stand by my position that it helps balances the scoring, especially in larger leagues.  When the 12th pick of the first round can realistically be expected to score the same as the first pick, I thin that adds to the game.    

Might have been bad example but I don’t like a how a guy catches 5 balls for 25 yards and 4 rushes for 10 yards and he scores 8.5 pts but basically had no impact on the game and you have a running back that rushes 15 times for 80 yds and catches 1 pass for 5 yds and he scored 9.5 pts. When he has had a much bigger impact on the game. Or a receiver catches 5 passes for 40 yards scores 9 pts and another catches 2 for 80 yards and he is only scoring 10pts or a guy catches 1 for 30 and a td and he scores 10pts. How that first guy is still just as valuable bothers me. That said I wasn’t trying to change anything just pointing out most of my bigger leagues have gone to .5 pt ppr. That said they are also only 10 team leagues so enough backs to go around.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Might have been bad example but I don’t like a how a guy catches 5 balls for 25 yards and 4 rushes for 10 yards and he scores 8.5 pts but basically had no impact on the game and you have a running back that rushes 15 times for 80 yds and catches 1 pass for 5 yds and he scored 9.5 pts. When he has had a much bigger impact on the game. Or a receiver catches 5 passes for 40 yards scores 9 pts and another catches 2 for 80 yards and he is only scoring 10pts or a guy catches 1 for 30 and a td and he scores 10pts. How that first guy is still just as valuable bothers me. That said I wasn’t trying to change anything just pointing out most of my bigger leagues have gone to .5 pt ppr. That said they are also only 10 team leagues so enough backs to go around.

I get you.  And, the math supports much of what you are saying.  My main position is it levels out the top of the draft,  It brings more players and options into the mix once you get by pick 2 or 3 of the draft.  Ultimately, in my opinion, a more unpredictable draft makes for a better overall league in the end.

A half-point PPR may work better in a Dynasty league, and if we get that off the ground, we can certainly consider it there.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm open to a Dynasty as an 'extra' league.  I would not want it to take away from the two regular leagues though.  I agree the players in a dynasty league are more likely to be serious.  On the flip side, I absolutely love doing the full re-draft.  In Dynasty, if you don't get someone like JT as a rookie, you never get to have him on your team.  

We can explore dynasty. but I would want all Dynasty players to commit to having a redraft team as well so we can maintain a healthy amount of participation.

Thing about JT is that in a dynasty league he likely wouldn’t have been drafted in top 8 rounds his rookie season and might have even been dropped for redraft going into the past year. Could have been a steal…it’s all about managing your team from year to year…of course he wouldn’t be let go going into this year but that’s the whole point. You may be out of it this year and trade a guy for draft picks or a rookie that might break out next year. And if you are going all in this year maybe you trade assets for a chip. Love it because you have to think long game and as well as the short.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I get you.  And, the math supports much of what you are saying.  My main position is it levels out the top of the draft,  It brings more players and options into the mix once you get by pick 2 or 3 of the draft.  Ultimately, in my opinion, a more unpredictable draft makes for a better overall league in the end.

A half-point PPR may work better in a Dynasty league, and if we get that off the ground, we can certainly consider it there.  

No worries. I think most like full point and I’m fine with it. Same rules for everyone. Can make it a little tougher to grind out guys but I like the extra challenge of it. With the league going like 68% passing it seems why give even more points to receiving. Think fantasy Overall should move toward rewarding the other parts of the game. Maybe extra points for runs longer than 10 yards or receptions over 20 yards with bonus points as opposed to just for catching the ball. 

• 5fouls changed the title to Join & I'll Quit Asking. 5 is the Magic Number
  • 5fouls changed the title to 5 Available Fantasy Football Spots

Never a bad time to discuss fantasy football. I am going to try and have my entire team be from the AFC West....but my big concern is Chiefs/Packers. No clue what the departures do to every single person on roster. Does Hill leaving mean more for Kelce? Or does that mean Kelce doubled up and less? With Adams gone does Lazard step into tier 1 fantasy production? Or same scenario where they don't have anyone else and he's doubled up? 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never a bad time to discuss fantasy football. I am going to try and have my entire team be from the AFC West....but my big concern is Chiefs/Packers. No clue what the departures do to every single person on roster. Does Hill leaving mean more for Kelce? Or does that mean Kelce doubled up and less? With Adams gone does Lazard step into tier 1 fantasy production? Or same scenario where they don't have anyone else and he's doubled up? 

I think JuJu comes back to life. KC still has good WR's. Kelce will be the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

I think JuJu comes back to life. KC still has good WR's. Kelce will be the same.

Kelce will be the same BECAUSE of Hill leaving.  Otherwise, he would have regressed some as age has to become a factor at some point.

As far as the Packers, I have an idea who might be their leading receiver, and it isn't Lazard.  I'll keep that one to myself until after we draft though. 

Adams is the really interesting one in my opinion.  Carr obviously already has a rapport with Renfrow.  Does Carr increase volume to support both?  Does Renfrow suffer so Adams keeps his standard level of targets?  Or, does Adams accept something less than what he had with Rodgers?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Kelce will be the same BECAUSE of Hill leaving.  Otherwise, he would have regressed some as age has to become a factor at some point.

As far as the Packers, I have an idea who might be their leading receiver, and it isn't Lazard.  I'll keep that one to myself until after we draft though. 

Adams is the really interesting one in my opinion.  Carr obviously already has a rapport with Renfrow.  Does Carr increase volume to support both?  Does Renfrow suffer so Adams keeps his standard level of targets?  Or, does Adams accept something less than what he had with Rodgers?  

Weren't Carr and Adams College roommates?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

Weren't Carr and Adams College roommates?

Yep...and I'm thinking about impact on Waller numbers (when if he stays healthy). Lots of dominos this offseason. Especially the impact on elite tight ends. You'll have basically 5 (Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, Pitts, and Waller) sure options....after that you'll be in the praying for a TD category from TE this year.

• Like 1

Okay guys.  We are set for two 10 team leagues.  But, the goal is 12 team leagues.  That's 4 more, but for sure need a minimum of 3 more to join to make that happen.  I have someone who has offered to play in both leagues if needed, so we'll take 4 additional, but can make it work with just 3 more.

Edited by 5fouls

• 5fouls changed the title to 4 Available Fantasy Football Spots
  • 5fouls changed the title to 3 Available Fantasy Football Spots

I've updated the list of committed players on Page 1 of this thread.  We officially have 3 open spots, but only require two as IUSwingman offered to play a 2nd team, if necessary.  If nothing changes, we will run a 12 team champions league based on last year's finish and a 10 team second league.  I can't officially give the complete roster of who is in the Champions league at this point, as we have a couple of qualifiers from last year who have not given their in/out answer yet.