HSN Fantasy Football

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

For those who are still drafting. Chris Godwin took the brace off this week. Great sign and moving up ADP. Two other guys I'm really liking for later WR's is Renfrow and Kirk. 

If you like to secure your RB's, QB, and TE early.....these 3 guys should be around late 5th until 8th/9th. All 3 are target machines in PPR leagues. 

I have Godwin in my non-HSN league, currently slotted in the flex spot.  Have Pollard on my bench, and the Bucs and Cowboys play each other Sunday night.  Leaning towards Pollard for this week and seeing how things go for Godwin.  Being the Sunday night game, it gives me more time to think about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have Godwin in my non-HSN league, currently slotted in the flex spot.  Have Pollard on my bench, and the Bucs and Cowboys play each other Sunday night.  Leaning towards Pollard for this week and seeing how things go for Godwin.  Being the Sunday night game, it gives me more time to think about it.

Really struggling for my drafts tonight. 7th and 10th in Full PPR...the other is non PPR. I have a small love affair with Kelce....he's helped me win so many titles I feel like I have to draft him. 10th I can justify....7th though is really tough but with guys like Godwin, Cooks, Kirk, Renfrow, Thomas available after 50 or so I feel like I can still take him early, get best RB left in 2nd....Herbert in 3rd and start hammering WR's from 4th-7th.

This league is made up of 12 guys all from my neighborhood growing up. Have known all since we were 4 so there is year long bragging rights that's more important than $...even though the $ is good.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really struggling for my drafts tonight. 7th and 10th in Full PPR...the other is non PPR. I have a small love affair with Kelce....he's helped me win so many titles I feel like I have to draft him. 10th I can justify....7th though is really tough but with guys like Godwin, Cooks, Kirk, Renfrow, Thomas available after 50 or so I feel like I can still take him early, get best RB left in 2nd....Herbert in 3rd and start hammering WR's from 4th-7th.

This league is made up of 12 guys all from my neighborhood growing up. Have known all since we were 4 so there is year long bragging rights that's more important than $...even though the $ is good.  

Who do you anticipate being there at 7?  Are all 3 of the elite WRs going to be gone?  I would still want to nab one of those 3, if available, and still get a couple of more in the mid-rounds.  

With RBs, there is a lot of 'sameness' after Taylor and a healthy McCaffrey (who I know you try to avoid). 

Is Najee Harris or Austin Ekeler really going to provide an edge in the first round over what you cant get from Leonard Fournette and Aaron Jones in the 2nd, or James Connor in the third?

I'm much more confident about getting an edge with Kupp, Jefferson, or Chase above what awaits me later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Who do you anticipate being there at 7?  Are all 3 of the elite WRs going to be gone?  I would still want to nab one of those 3, if available, and still get a couple of more in the mid-rounds.  

With RBs, there is a lot of 'sameness' after Taylor and a healthy McCaffrey (who I know you try to avoid). 

Is Najee Harris or Austin Ekeler really going to provide an edge in the first round over what you cant get from Leonard Fournette and Aaron Jones in the 2nd, or James Connor in the third?

I'm much more confident about getting an edge with Kupp, Jefferson, or Chase above what awaits me later.

This is going to be a long ramble. Hope it makes sense.

My guess is the draft will go JT, CMC, Ekeler, Cook...probably Henry and after 5 the real draft starts with Jefferson, Kupp....so I'm leaning towards grabbing what's left of Jefferson or Kupp at 7. My issue though is let's say the draft goes JT, CMC, Ek, Cook...but Jefferson Kupp next. Henry would be there at 7 and all ADP polls have Mixon/Swift/Harris rated just before Kelce and I don't like either of those 3 either haha which brings me back to Kelce at 7...assuming Henry, Mixon, Harris, Swift go 8-11 that means I could pair Kelce with 1 of the following (Chase, DIggs, Kamara, Adams, Jones or even Lamb.

Guess I'll find out in a few hours but man I love Kelce on my team. Nobody besides Arian Foster has ever treated me better.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is going to be a long ramble. Hope it makes sense.

My guess is the draft will go JT, CMC, Ekeler, Cook...probably Henry and after 5 the real draft starts with Jefferson, Kupp....so I'm leaning towards grabbing what's left of Jefferson or Kupp at 7. My issue though is let's say the draft goes JT, CMC, Ek, Cook...but Jefferson Kupp next. Henry would be there at 7 and all ADP polls have Mixon/Swift/Harris rated just before Kelce and I don't like either of those 3 either haha which brings me back to Kelce at 7...assuming Henry, Mixon, Harris, Swift go 8-11 that means I could pair Kelce with 1 of the following (Chase, DIggs, Kamara, Adams, Jones or even Lamb.

Guess I'll find out in a few hours but man I love Kelce on my team. Nobody besides Arian Foster has ever treated me better.

I would want one of the top 3 WR.  The group of Diggs, Adams, Deebo, and Lamb just does not interest me.  If I was in your position and could not get one of those 3, I would double dip RB and keep my fingers crossed Pitts would fall to me in the 3rd round. Mariota threw to his TE a lot in Tennessee.

If I felt certain Pitts would not be there in the 3rd, I would go RB in the 1st, and consider Kelce or Andrews in the 2nd.

At one time, Kelce was justifiable at pick 7.  Heck, I did that exact thing last year in one of the HSN leagues.  But, with Andrews giving you basically the same production and very likely available when you pick in the 2nd, or Pitts potentially ready to break out huge and possibly there in 3rd, I would go RB if no top 3 WR is there. 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't remember all the little rules of Fantasy Football but one I do know is try not to start anyone tomorrow night in your flex option. Gives you room for injuries to be known by Sunday/Monday. Especially with a game like Bills/Rams where as many as 10 guys are probably fantasy starters.

Very good advice.  I know it cant be helped, but I dislike when my main guys play on Thursday.  Love watching the game, but like it more when I dont have a major fantasy stake.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Very good advice.  I know it cant be helped, but I dislike when my main guys play on Thursday.  Love watching the game, but like it more when I dont have a major fantasy stake.

Trust me....I hate Thursday fantasy games. Why ruin a few days if you can delay the pain until Sunday or even Monday! 

No avoiding this one though. Have Gay, Bass, ARob, Stafford, Akers....can't believe I ended up with Stafford. There was a run early of the usual 3 (Allen, Herbert, Mahomes) couple others popped here and there so I kept stacking players thinking I could end up with Rodgers or Brady or someone else in round 7. Got burned...some of the guys started doubling down on QB's and by the time it got to me Stafford was it. 

• Like 2

So, how does everyone handle when your key guy on one team is a key guy for your opponent in another league?

Obviously, the league with the most at stake (money, playoff implications, etc) would take precedent, but what if the stakes are the same?

Yes, as fate would have it, my QB in the HSN Champions League (R. Wilson) is my opponent's QB in the other HSN league.  No money, and playoff considerations are well down the road.  But, it's not a spot I'm going to swap out to another player either. 

Do I hope Russ goes off?  Do I hope he sucks?  Do I hope he does middle of the road, which opens me up for losing both, and with my luck, probably each by a point or less?  

And, since this is my Week 1 matchup, it's going to happen again later in the season.

:panic:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, how does everyone handle when your key guy on one team is a key guy for your opponent in another league?

Obviously, the league with the most at stake (money, playoff implications, etc) would take precedent, but what if the stakes are the same?

Yes, as fate would have it, my QB in the HSN Champions League (R. Wilson) is my opponent's QB in the other HSN league.  No money, and playoff considerations are well down the road.  But, it's not a spot I'm going to swap out to another player either. 

Do I hope Russ goes off?  Do I hope he sucks?  Do I hope he does middle of the road, which opens me up for losing both, and with my luck, probably each by a point or less?  

And, since this is my Week 1 matchup, it's going to happen again later in the season.

:panic:

I've been threading that needle for decades. You'll get used to it....haha. It always comes down to Sunday night or Monday night where your one player left either needs to let the other guys get TD's....or go full steam ahead.

Week 11-13 is when it gets weird. At that point it's all about which guy in which league gives you the best of $ and title. 

• Like 1

And for those who have exposure to the Ravens RB situation. We'll see what happens but Lamar Jackson just did an interview and was asked about JK Robbins....he said he's looking good and hopefully he'll be out there in a couple of weeks.

My guess is Harbaugh didn't want that out there. Drake/Davis....plan B time for week 1. 

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34543800/patrick-mahomes-says-sorry-all-fantasy-football-guys-confirms-kansas-city-chiefs-balanced-wr-approach

Mahomes warned fantasy football players that predicting his favorite receiver from week to week will be difficult as Kansas City's passing game adjusts to life without Tyreek Hill.

"The biggest thing is there's going to be a different player every single game that has the big game," Mahomes said Wednesday as the Chiefs continued preparing for Sunday's season opener at the Arizona Cardinals. "It's not going to be just necessarily Tyreek and Travis [Kelce] every single week, where it's like one or the other having a big game or both. Every single week, it's going to be someone different.

"So I'm sorry to all you fantasy football guys. It's going to come from everywhere, so you're going to have to kind of choose the right guy every week."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34543800/patrick-mahomes-says-sorry-all-fantasy-football-guys-confirms-kansas-city-chiefs-balanced-wr-approach

Mahomes warned fantasy football players that predicting his favorite receiver from week to week will be difficult as Kansas City's passing game adjusts to life without Tyreek Hill.

"The biggest thing is there's going to be a different player every single game that has the big game," Mahomes said Wednesday as the Chiefs continued preparing for Sunday's season opener at the Arizona Cardinals. "It's not going to be just necessarily Tyreek and Travis [Kelce] every single week, where it's like one or the other having a big game or both. Every single week, it's going to be someone different.

"So I'm sorry to all you fantasy football guys. It's going to come from everywhere, so you're going to have to kind of choose the right guy every week."

Throw lots of TDs Patrick.  You da man.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This is why I love Mahomes. He embraces fantasy and gives a heads up. That's all fans ask. Some of these players are so anti-fantasy they end up hurting their own fans.

I always say the same when players complain about fantasy. Fantasy brings added interest. Added interest brings more viewers. More viewers bring more Advertising $. More Advertising $ brings larger TV contracts. Larger TV Contracts bring more $ for Owners/Union....which means more $ for players.

Just embrace it's importance and move with it players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is why I love Mahomes. He embraces fantasy and gives a heads up. That's all fans ask. Some of these players are so anti-fantasy they end up hurting their own fans.

I always say the same when players complain about fantasy. Fantasy brings added interest. Added interest brings more viewers. More viewers bring more Advertising $. More Advertising $ brings larger TV contracts. Larger TV Contracts bring more $ for Owners/Union....which means more $ for players.

Just embrace it's importance and move with it players.

Absolutely true.  My NFL fandom was waning significantly, but getting the HSN fantasy leagues up and running last year, combined with the Bengals success has brought me all the way back in as a fan.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Absolutely true.  My NFL fandom was waning significantly, but getting the HSN fantasy leagues up and running last year, combined with the Bengals success has brought me all the way back in as a fan.

Exhibit A on fantasy bringing people in.....and of course gambling. Just embrace it and move along....even for those that don't gamble. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I only have bench pieces on my fantasy rosters for tonight's game.  A couple of rosters with Henderson, a couple of more with Singleterry, and one with Cook.  

So, I'm rooting heavily for that 6-3 snoozer.  :D

And I always do one entry (.25cents) on Fanduel for that very case. Flex the kickers just in case it's the Bass and Gay show tonight...however I'm thinking 41-34 range for the Bills.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I only have bench pieces on my fantasy rosters for tonight's game.  A couple of rosters with Henderson, a couple of more with Singleterry, and one with Cook.  

So, I'm rooting heavily for that 6-3 snoozer.  :D

I've got Davis in two leagues and Akers in one, starting across the board with those guys. I am on shootout watch. 

• Like 2