HSN Fantasy Football

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I prefer somewhere in the back of first round. Of course I don't value RB's like some do. If I draft first I guess I'd go JT...but put me in after 6th or 7th and I'll make anything work. Of course the huge elephant out there right in 1/2 point or 1 point PPR leagues is Cooper Kupp. If Stafford's injury is legit....what do we do with him?

I would much rather my qb have elbow pain then foot/ankle pain. Elbow pain just means he will be managed with a pitch count during the week…but it won’t effect him in the game. Feet/ankle and the qb mobility is limited..they can’t plant and push off to throw…will kill their arm strength. Just look at Peyton those last couple years. It was lower body injuries in his leg and more specifically the planter fasciitis that ended him. Cortisone shot and Stafford will be fine. 

• Like 1

• 5fouls changed the title to HSN Fantasy Football

Two weeks until draft day.

A reminder to @Billingsley99, @ephul, and @JaybobHoosierto change your FF Team name to match your HSN screen name so that everyone knows who they are competing against.

@iuthruandthru, if you could please sign up so that we know whether you are still committed, that would be great.  We want to make sure the league is full prior to draft day.  If you have decided you will be unable to play, that's fine.  Just let me know and I will re-open the slot.  I need to know by end of day Tuesday, the 23rd at the latest.  Beyond that point, I will make the spot available for someone else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Two weeks until draft day.

A reminder to @Billingsley99, @ephul, and @JaybobHoosierto change your FF Team name to match your HSN screen name so that everyone knows who they are competing against.

@iuthruandthru, if you could please sign up so that we know whether you are still committed, that would be great.  We want to make sure the league is full prior to draft day.  If you have decided you will be unable to play, that's fine.  Just let me know and I will re-open the slot.  I need to know by end of day Tuesday, the 23rd at the latest.  Beyond that point, I will make the spot available for someone else.

Let's sign up gang. Draft is only couple weeks out. We need to make sure everyone is on board who said they were. 

• Like 2

Looking at the consensus ADP rankings and both Minnesota (Cook, Jefferson) and Cincinnati (Chase, Mixon) have two players among the top 10 players in those rankings.  So 40% of the Top 10 ADP players are coming from 2 of the 32 NFL teams.

So, for conversation purposes, how realistic do you guys think it would be for even one team to have 2 of the top 10 fantasy produces, let alone 2 teams doing that?    

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Looking at the consensus ADP rankings and both Minnesota (Cook, Jefferson) and Cincinnati (Chase, Mixon) have two players among the top 10 players in those rankings.  So 40% of the Top 10 ADP players are coming from 2 of the 32 NFL teams.

So, for conversation purposes, how realistic do you guys think it would be for even one team to have 2 of the top 10 fantasy produces, let alone 2 teams doing that?    

Minus qbs….Chase and Mixon did it last year. I don’t see Cook staying healthy enough to do it…has always gotten nicked up and missed 3-4 games a year. Taylor and Pittman could be close to that and I’d bet they have a better shot at it than Cook and Jefferson. Eckler and K Allen would possibly be in that convo. I think one team could do it but doubt there would be two. A lot has to go right. I’m sure Kelce and Hill probably did it one year as well…just have to have a high octane offense that focuses through a couple players. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, 5fouls said:

I just started looking at some rankings but didn't notice that. Mixon has to be one of the most underrated fantasy guys ever. When his name is up it's almost like well I guess I'll take him. I've never had him on a roster because usually I wait on RB's but he delivers year after year. No reason to think he won't again. Funny part about those 4 if I were choosing I'd take Chase last. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I just started looking at some rankings but didn't notice that. Mixon has to be one of the most underrated fantasy guys ever. When his name is up it's almost like well I guess I'll take him. I've never had him on a roster because usually I wait on RB's but he delivers year after year. No reason to think he won't again. Funny part about those 4 if I were choosing I'd take Chase last. 

Depends on the league…Mixon is a much safer bet than Henry and Barkley and Mccaffrey but going off the board later then them lately. He is a very very solid player…and with Chase and Burrow he has become even more valuable because defenses can’t key on him and he gets many more scoring opportunities in the red zone based on the productive offense. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Depends on the league…Mixon is a much safer bet than Henry and Barkley and Mccaffrey but going off the board later then them lately. He is a very very solid player…and with Chase and Burrow he has become even more valuable because defenses can’t key on him and he gets many more scoring opportunities in the red zone based on the productive offense. 

In a PPR league I won't touch any of them....of course I just don't value RB's as much as others. By week 3-4 there will be a scramble for waivers or someone will have selected the right handcuffs. Happens every single year but of all the choices you listed Mixon is the only one I would consider. 

• Like 1

Doing some work this afternoon on my non-HSN league, which I have been neglecting.  My first experience with IDP and it is a totally different animal.  So much inconsistency in rankings from source to source once you get past the top 2 or 3 at each position.  One source may have a guy ranked top 15, while 3 other sources may not have him in the Top 50.  

I'm enjoying it though.  Adds to the complexity, and the more strategy involved, the better for me.

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

In a PPR league I won't touch any of them....of course I just don't value RB's as much as others. By week 3-4 there will be a scramble for waivers or someone will have selected the right handcuffs. Happens every single year but of all the choices you listed Mixon is the only one I would consider. 

I can understand shying away from McCaffery due to his injury problems.  But, a PPR league makes him so much more valuable.  In fact, if you could guaranty me he would be healthy for all 17 games, he's my #1 in a PPR.  Taylor would be in a non-PPR.  And, no, I will not take McCaffery #1 if I get that pick in the HSN draft because I can't get the 17-game guaranty.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I can understand shying away from McCaffery due to his injury problems.  But, a PPR league makes him so much more valuable.  In fact, if you could guaranty me he would be healthy for all 17 games, he's my #1 in a PPR.  Taylor would be in a non-PPR.  And, no, I will not take McCaffery #1 if I get that pick in the HSN draft because I can't get the 17-game guaranty.

I trust myself finding 1-2 RB's each week on waivers/handcuffs or whatever....vs depending on CMC being healthy for a season. Just the way I view the position. Nothing against those who choose CMC...but history suggests he's good for awhile and gone.

Problem I'm having in Carolina right now is who is the appropriate handcuff in round 11....not if I would take CMC. 

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I trust myself finding 1-2 RB's each week on waivers/handcuffs or whatever....vs depending on CMC being healthy for a season. Just the way I view the position. Nothing against those who choose CMC...but history suggests he's good for awhile and gone.

Problem I'm having in Carolina right now is who is the appropriate handcuff in round 11....not if I would take CMC. 

It’s definitely walking a fine line. If you could promise 12-13 games you probably take CMC…like you said you trust your ability to find a replacement those 5 games…and when he plays a full game in PPR the guy is a weekly winner most of the time. Question is can you even get 12 games…doubt it. I don’t know the number but it has to be close to missed 70% of games the last 3 years. Add fact Carolina could be out of playoff picture by week 10 and coach fired and maybe the gm says to put him back in bubble wrap for 23 and shuts him down. It would take a big discount for me to take him again.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Any chance we might get a draft order in the next few days? Maybe chance to mock a few drafts before next weekend. Thank you!!

I think the league rules state the order will be determined randomly an hour before the draft.  I'll defer to the Mods on whether than can be changed or not.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

It’s definitely walking a fine line. If you could promise 12-13 games you probably take CMC…like you said you trust your ability to find a replacement those 5 games…and when he plays a full game in PPR the guy is a weekly winner most of the time. Question is can you even get 12 games…doubt it. I don’t know the number but it has to be close to missed 70% of games the last 3 years. Add fact Carolina could be out of playoff picture by week 10 and coach fired and maybe the gm says to put him back in bubble wrap for 23 and shuts him down. It would take a big discount for me to take him again.

So what you are saying is that CMC could be the steal of the draft?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

If I'm drafting # and he is available........

1) I'm not taking him

2 or 3) I'll strongly consider it

4-8) It depends on who else is sitting there when I pick.  I really like the group of players that are usually available in this range.

9-12) If he's there, I feel like I would almost have to take him.  

Regardless of anything else, I would NOT take him in both HSN leagues.  I'm not at that level of risk aversion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

He won’t be a steal because I’ve yet to see him go outside the top 5. I can’t take him that high. If I was 9-12 I’d consider it knowing I’m getting someone I can depend on after the turn hopefully…second rd for sure I feel like that round is fair to go boom or bust on a guy like him or Henry…but yes in a PPR league…if he stays healthy he is going to avg 20 pts easy….just can’t count on his health. In a standard league I’m avoiding like the plague…guys like CMC and Swift get too much of their volume in the passing game to make them a first rd pick in a standard league….and both have injury concerns.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He won’t be a steal because I’ve yet to see him go outside the top 5. I can’t take him that high. If I was 9-12 I’d consider it knowing I’m getting someone I can depend on after the turn hopefully…second rd for sure I feel like that round is fair to go boom or bust on a guy like him or Henry…but yes in a PPR league…if he stays healthy he is going to avg 20 pts easy….just can’t count on his health. In a standard league I’m avoiding like the plague…guys like CMC and Swift get too much of their volume in the passing game to make them a first rd pick in a standard league….and both have injury concerns.

The thing with CMac is that, Kupp's ridiculous season last year aside, if he stays healthy, in a PPR league, he's going to outscore Taylor by 3-4 points a week, and every other non QB by 6 or more.  If I'm drafting at 2, Ekeler, Harris, Cook, or Mixon dont excite me that high.  Vintage Henry would be worth a look, but he has his own injury concern.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The thing with CMac is that, Kupp's ridiculous season last year aside, if he stays healthy, in a PPR league, he's going to outscore Taylor by 3-4 points a week, and every other non QB by 6 or more.  If I'm drafting at 2, Ekeler, Harris, Cook, or Mixon dont excite me that high.  Vintage Henry would be worth a look, but he has his own injury concern.  

Definitely depends on who is there….I’d probably take Eckler over CMC…but would strongly consider Kupp, Adams, Chase, and Jefferson in the first over CMC. There are scenarios I’d take him…just haven’t come up because he has been consistently RB2 in every draft I’ve done.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Definitely depends on who is there….I’d probably take Eckler over CMC…but would strongly consider Kupp, Adams, Chase, and Jefferson in the first over CMC. There are scenarios I’d take him…just haven’t come up because he has been consistently RB2 in every draft I’ve done.

At #2, everyone except Taylor will be there.  I like the wideouts you listed  I just don't like what RBs will be available at #23.  So, taking a wideout there pushes my draft towards a zero RB strategy, which I don't like.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

At #2, everyone except Taylor will be there.  I like the wideouts you listed  I just don't like what RBs will be available at #23.  So, taking a wideout there pushes my draft towards a zero RB strategy, which I don't like.  

Two sucks this year. 1 is great…if I’m not that I’d rather be like 7-12.