B1G news 2022

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where Sampson James has entered the transfer portal 

We don’t have details other than it sounds like “off the field” stuff. He missed some spring practices for personal reasons but not sure what happened exactly. Not sure how much PT he would’ve gotten tbh. Hope he can figure everything out. 

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We just lost another to a season-ending injury. Rough week. 

Never a good thing. I guess best to get the injury bug out of the way in preseason when you have time to get next man up then during the season with only a week to play…but yeah that’s a rough start to the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Never a good thing. I guess best to get the injury bug out of the way in preseason when you have time to get next man up then during the season with only a week to play…but yeah that’s a rough start to the season.

Former IU guy Damarjhe Lewis actually. Was in the 2-deep backing up Deen. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a quick question. I noticed a few threads on board about Big 10....of course we'll have our own weekly thread for IU news, game,etc....but which thread are we using for all things Big 10/Non IU related. Curious to see what Texas transfer does for Nebraska today. 

I’m sure if you start a B1G Gameday thread it would just work itself out. 

Im pulling for Nebraska…they lose today and the drumbeat for firing Frost will get so loud not sure he will last the season…and i think we all would like to see him stick around and make Nebraska avg for a long time.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Why is Nebraska and Northwestern playing in Ireland?  Sweden or Poland would make more sense. 

Couldn’t afford to fly the full way there?? Pilot got sick of the stench of mediocrity and kicked them off the plane there?? Long list of reasons…pick your own favorite.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 2

Here is an honest question…would it be better for the B1G for Nebraska to return to relevance? Not sure it will happen and we all probably think USC will be that team in the West to bring that but just like I think a return for IU basketball is good for the league to strengthen its relevance kinda think seeing these return of blue bloods like Michigan, Penn St., and Nebraska would also be good for the league. Some teams to really challenge OSU and obviously need to have success in the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Here is an honest question…would it be better for the B1G for Nebraska to return to relevance? Not sure it will happen and we all probably think USC will be that team in the West to bring that but just like I think a return for IU basketball is good for the league to strengthen its relevance kinda think seeing these return of blue bloods like Michigan, Penn St., and Nebraska would also be good for the league. Some teams to really challenge OSU and obviously need to have success in the playoffs.

I would have to think it would be better. The B1G will always be behind the SEC but Alabamas resurgence put SEC back on a whole other level and Nebraska being relevant could only help. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It would be damn good for the conference if Nebraska could return to its former glory.

• Like 1