Best refs in college basketball? Here are the coaches' choices.....

3 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

Interesting list and comments. Some of the comments on TV Ted were not exactly ringing endorsements. In fairness, I would rather see Ted than Eades ref an IU game any time. It's also interesting that no primarily BIG refs made the list. 

Its really not that interesting.  B1G refs are horrible.  They have been for at least 10 years.  Some of the worst called games i watch year after year.

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its really not that interesting.  B1G refs are horrible.  They have been for at least 10 years.  Some of the worst called games i watch year after year.

Several games last year had so many foul calls that teams were brining in student managers to play.  Seriously though the games I watched were so inconsistent with the officiating.  It had to be hard on the players to figure out how to play. Even from the first half to the 2nd half.  I hate when a ref takes over the game!!! 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It is interesting in that the perception of head and assistant coaches tracks with what fans have noticed. 

I've always been of the mindset that if you're a referee and many people know who you are, you're doing something wrong, whether it be missing/botching calls or (cough - TV Teddy) making yourself the center of attention as much as possible.

The best refs are those that remain "invisible" and call a fair and equitable game.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:58 AM, hoosierBGH said:

Interesting list and comments. Some of the comments on TV Ted were not exactly ringing endorsements. In fairness, I would rather see Ted than Eades ref an IU game any time. It's also interesting that no primarily BIG refs made the list. 

Ted has his moments every now and then but I think overall he is good now Eades on the other hand not so much. Too bad Ted and Hightower no longer do games together.

Archived