2024 Asa Newell Commits to Georgia

gnet550

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Getting another Monteverde guy on campus for his second visit seems like a positive. Can we just call Monteverde IU South and use it as our AAA affiliate.  

Here’s the thing IMO… if JHS and Malik come in, make an impact, do nothing but brag about the coaches and how much they love IU, they hit it off really well with the MA coaches which it seems like they really do then this is truly going to be an ongoing fruitful relationship. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Getting another Monteverde guy on campus for his second visit seems like a positive. Can we just call Monteverde IU South and use it as our AAA affiliate.  

Fine with me. Besides Haralson and Sisley....I'll take whatever Montverde wants to send our way. As others have said if JHS and Reneau shine this year...pipeline open. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to make a pretty arrogant statement. With our current staff, hoops facilities, living facilities, staff that has NBA experience, NIL opportunities and a fanbase like ours....the only recruits we target and lose are because of things out of our control. Proximity to home. Guarantees of immediate playing time....maybe an outlandish NIL deal,etc....

Kind of gives me great relief knowing that. With that said....how Malik and JHS flourish this year on the court could set up this Montverde pipeline for classes to come. 

Imagine pairing a kid like Asa as a sophomore with players like Sisley and Harrelson as freshman? Getting way ahead of myself but sounds like we've done our part on this one. Rest is up to the recruiting Gods that the hometown team doesn't win out just because of being close to home.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Getting ready to make a pretty arrogant statement. With our current staff, hoops facilities, living facilities, staff that has NBA experience, NIL opportunities and a fanbase like ours....the only recruits we target and lose are because of things out of our control. Proximity to home. Guarantees of immediate playing time....maybe an outlandish NIL deal,etc....

Kind of gives me great relief knowing that. With that said....how Malik and JHS flourish this year on the court could set up this Montverde pipeline for classes to come. 

Imagine pairing a kid like Asa as a sophomore with players like Sisley and Harrelson as freshman? Getting way ahead of myself but sounds like we've done our part on this one. Rest is up to the recruiting Gods that the hometown team doesn't win out just because of being close to home.

Newell probably be a one and done player?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

With the NBA changing the draft age rule, will one and done still be a thing, you think? 

It all depends on what rules the NBA puts in place. If they don't put an age requirement of any kind on entering the draft then I don't see the one and done going away.