2024- Raleigh Burgess Commits to Purdue

gnet550

Not rated yet, but has a 4.1 GPA.  Plays for Indiana Elite. 

Also found this:

"It shouldn't take long for Burgess to start earning a ranking after what he's shown at Sycamore and with Indiana Elite on the prep circuit. The 6-foot-10, 215-pound center is molding himself into the ideal modern big man. He stays efficient with his dunking aggression and is always looking to be an outlet up the floor. His ballhandling needs some work, but he has a decent-looking jump shot with three-point range.

Defense may be his true calling card. Burgess moves his foot perfectly in the lane and has great spacial awareness to go with even better timing on his blocks."

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Not rated yet, but has a 4.1 GPA.  Plays for Indiana Elite. 

Also found this:

"It shouldn't take long for Burgess to start earning a ranking after what he's shown at Sycamore and with Indiana Elite on the prep circuit. The 6-foot-10, 215-pound center is molding himself into the ideal modern big man. He stays efficient with his dunking aggression and is always looking to be an outlet up the floor. His ballhandling needs some work, but he has a decent-looking jump shot with three-point range.

Defense may be his true calling card. Burgess moves his foot perfectly in the lane and has great spacial awareness to go with even better timing on his blocks."

Seems like IU would be the perfect fit for him. Surrounded by talent, he doesn't need to be a star. Just be the hustle, glue guy. Play D, hit some open shots, get some garbage buckets.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Always surprised a little when a kid ranked around 100 gets a ton of offers they don’t grab one 

If IU is your dream school why wait ?

I didn't see the dream school comment so I can't say anything about that. What I can tell you is that even a kid from the best of best homes always has someone in their ear saying this is just the start. Wait for more offers.

Wish it didn't happen but some kids use schools offers to up their profile....just to entice other programs. That's why coaches have to be so careful when handing out offers. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

With Page off the board to USC, I have high hopes for Burgess. We need to reload up front. I like that he is already a good defender. If he can be a plus defender and contribute some garbage buckets and stretch the D with an occasional 3, I would be more than happy.

just imagine what a college weight room would do for a kid like this, who's already in decent shape

• Like 2