2024 G Travis Perry Commits to Kentucky

Indykev

Here’s a recent article on him 

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/lyon-county-star-travis-perry-discusses-new-offers-standout-play/

(He expects to play point but also off the ball too)

And 247 ranks him 70th nationally 

https://247sports.com/player/travis-perry-46114270/

He still has time to grow.  Who knows, maybe he ends up 6’4

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Here’s a recent article on him 

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/lyon-county-star-travis-perry-discusses-new-offers-standout-play/

(He expects to play point but also off the ball too)

And 247 ranks him 70th nationally 

https://247sports.com/player/travis-perry-46114270/

He still has time to grow.  Who knows, maybe he ends up 6’4

1. Comment avatar

runningunnin.454

And you should face some facts, 4evr; your man is, at best, a mediocre coach; and he doesn't even consider winning games and championships to be his calling; he has sold out the team and the Program for the individual many times, the culmination just this last season with the Sharpe carnival sideshow. Like it or not, the measure of a collegiate coach is NCAA championships; Knight had three, Rupp had four, Coach K had five and they all were ten times the coach Calipari is. There have been 31 Div I coaches with the same number of titles as Calipari; there have been 16 Div I coaches with MORE ncaa titles. Maybe an analogy would help; think of Calipari as a rock star, he got lucky once, he has one hit and that's it; he will go down in history and be remembered as a one hit wonder. I did enjoy your ad hominem attack; but, I am already a rich man.

Love this comment on the article. Some are done with Cal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 6/19/2022 at 2:10 PM, Indykev said:
  1. Comment avatar

runningunnin.454

6/19/22, 10:50 AM

And you should face some facts, 4evr; your man is, at best, a mediocre coach; and he doesn't even consider winning games and championships to be his calling; he has sold out the team and the Program for the individual many times, the culmination just this last season with the Sharpe carnival sideshow. Like it or not, the measure of a collegiate coach is NCAA championships; Knight had three, Rupp had four, Coach K had five and they all were ten times the coach Calipari is. There have been 31 Div I coaches with the same number of titles as Calipari; there have been 16 Div I coaches with MORE ncaa titles. Maybe an analogy would help; think of Calipari as a rock star, he got lucky once, he has one hit and that's it; he will go down in history and be remembered as a one hit wonder. I did enjoy your ad hominem attack; but, I am already a rich man.

Love this comment on the article. Some are done with Cal.

Who is runningunnin.454? Looks like he has some standing. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, KDB said:

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Travis-Perry-scores-61-in-front-of-John-Calipari-updates-his-recruitment-205043276/

Here he says IU is recruiting him the hardest. Scored 61 the other night in front of Calipari.

If we can snag him, that Perry + Cupps combo is going to be very, very good 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Why would he go to UK and play with 5 star prima-donnas for a coach who is out the door soon ?

he would have competition at Purdue or IU but I think he fits in with either culturally 

I think you make a good point. Somehow people still are under the spell of calapari but facts are he hasn’t been good for years and also is a terrible X’s and O’s Guy yet he still gets all of these 5 star recruits based off of past kids getting to the NBA but they need to look forward and base of off of best fit to get them to the NBA.

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think you make a good point. Somehow people still are under the spell of calapari but facts are he hasn’t been good for years and also is a terrible X’s and O’s Guy yet he still gets all of these 5 star recruits based off of past kids getting to the NBA but they need to look forward and base of off of best fit to get them to the NBA.

Good chance he is out of there within the next 2 years