Everything Hoosier Hysteria / Vistors / Pro Day

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Are the parking lots around the arena/stadium open on a first come first serve basis for Hoosier Hysteria if I just drive up that day?  Or, would I need to purchase parking in advance?  

Parking is always first come first serve on a normal time but now I don't know.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now HH is also PRO DAY. 

Pro Day announcement

Not sure what this means?

"BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Indiana men's basketball program will hold its first ever Pro Day Friday, Oct. 7. The pro-style combine workout will take place early in the afternoon. The team will make its first public appearance, along with the women's team, that evening at Hoosier Hysteria Presented by Smithville. The event is part of Homecoming Weekend. Representatives from all 30 NBA teams will be invited."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Now HH is also PRO DAY. 

Pro Day announcement

Not sure what this means?

"BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Indiana men's basketball program will hold its first ever Pro Day Friday, Oct. 7. The pro-style combine workout will take place early in the afternoon. The team will make its first public appearance, along with the women's team, that evening at Hoosier Hysteria Presented by Smithville. The event is part of Homecoming Weekend. Representatives from all 30 NBA teams will be invited."

Calipari has done this for about 10 years, Memphis and Duke also hold them. I'm sure there are others. I believe Duke typically holds a couple and then closes its practices to scouts for the season. Not sure about the others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Calipari has done this for about 10 years, Memphis and Duke also hold them. I'm sure there are others. I believe Duke typically holds a couple and then closes its practices to scouts for the season. Not sure about the others. 

I'm thinking CMW wouldn't go down this path if he didn't think he had some players to show off. 

• Like 1

Hoosier Hysteria visitors listed in this article by TheDailyHoosier.  I encourage people to read the article rather than copy and pasting the content.  TDH works hard, and the clicks to his site are meaningful.  Just my opinion.

This article mentions Caleb Williams in the title, plus several others as you read.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2024-wing-caleb-williams-to-visit-iu-for-hoosier-hysteria/

• Like 3

• Indykev changed the title to Everything Hoosier Hysteria / Vistors
  • Indykev changed the title to Everything Hoosier Hysteria / Vistors / Pro Day

Rapper G Herbo will perform at HH.

Here are the lyrics to some of his songs.  "Kill S--t" is the first one, but they all have the same message.  Gangs, guns, drugs, sex, prostitutes, murder, and kill the police.

Sorry if this post seems graphic, but someone approved this guy.  Blame them.

https://genius.com/artists/G-herbo

Edited by Madison22
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Rapper G Herbo will perform at HH.

Here are the lyrics to some of his songs.  "Kill S--t" is the first one, but they all have the same message.  Gangs, guns, drugs, sex, prostitutes, murder, and kill the police.

Sorry if this post seems graphic, but someone approved this guy.  Blame them.

https://genius.com/artists/G-herbo

It's not about those of us who don't endorse the lyrics or that genre of music. It's about what connects with today's kids and what makes them feel like IU is a viable destination. We all want the best talent so we can't really dictate the terms by which we acquire that talent.

15 hours ago, cthomas said:

It's not about those of us who don't endorse the lyrics or that genre of music. It's about what connects with today's kids and what makes them feel like IU is a viable destination. We all want the best talent so we can't really dictate the terms by which we acquire that talent.

Not in response to your feelings, but I hope there is a recruit that decides not to come due to the university choosing to endorse this kind of "entertainment."

To me as a long time sports fan I feel like we are being forgotten about or being pushed to the side by sports organization.  It is all about getting you get viewers and bow down to what they like while it pushes the long time fans to the side.

I know it is important to get new fans but in my experience with the 18-30 crowd is that they are more fans of individuals than teams.  I know not all are that way especially the ones who are on this board.

Edited by IU Scott

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me as a long time sports fan I feel like we are being forgotten about or being pushed to the side by sports organization.  It is all about getting you get viewers and bow down to what they like while it pushes the long time fans to the side.

I know it is important to get new fans but in my experience with the 18-30 crowd is that they are more fans of individuals than teams.  I know not all ate that way especially the ones who ate on this board.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I have never eaten on this board.

• Haha 4