Iowa successfully raids Indiana, again, at OL.

Bad Brad

The Ferentz team at Iowa has managed, again, to pilfer top  instate OL players.  #5  rated in state for '23 4☆ Trevor Lauck and #7 Leighton Jones.  By now, let's hope that Hiller is put on the clock.  At this point, not only dragging down the program, but frankly, embarrassing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

No idea why you make threads to complain about once a month when you come here. 

I have no idea why you are so inhospitable on a timely, simple notification? In spite of numerous position coaching changes, the 'consensus' concern regarding IU's recruiting has, and continues to be, inadequate in-state OL D1 talent. As for 'chiming in',.....only when it seems relevant.  Have a nice day 😫

29 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

I have no idea why you are so inhospitable on a timely, simple notification? In spite of numerous position coaching changes, the 'consensus' concern regarding IU's recruiting has, and continues to be, inadequate in-state OL D1 talent. As for 'chiming in',.....only when it seems relevant.  Have a nice day 😫

Just complain about it in threads that already fit your specific complaints. It would make a lot more sense. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:34 AM, Bad Brad said:

The Ferentz team at Iowa has managed, again, to pilfer top  instate OL players.  #5  rated in state for '23 4☆ Trevor Lauck and #7 Leighton Jones.  By now, let's hope that Hiller is put on the clock.  At this point, not only dragging down the program, but frankly, embarrassing.

Ferentz has been at IA for 23 years and has had 19 OL drafted. Can't argue with the track record.

• Like 1

From what I have read, I am not sure that we were ever in it for those two linemen.  Wish we were in it, but we don't know the whole backstory. 

Anyway, the real judgement on Hiller, and by extension, on Allen, will be on the field.  Do we get back track as a program and do players get better?  We have 6-8 good young offensive linemen that we have brought in the last couple of years.  I am hoping to see our line get much, much better, and the team as a whole play a lot better.  We imploded for a lot of reasons last year, including lackluster QB play, almost zero electricity from our receivers, and of course a porous line.  Lot to fix and Allen seems determined to do it.  This is what will get judged.  

• Like 1