USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

Those are the Top 50 TV markets.  To me Washington (Seattle-Tacoma), UNC (multiple in top 50), Oregon (Portland), Colorado (Denver), Stanford (Bay Area), GA Tech (Atlanta), and Arizona (Phoenix) are where you are most likely to get the bang for your buck.

Asterisk for Notre Dame as they are a special case.  I would choose the remaining 4 out of that group and possibly make a run at one of the Florida teams in the ACC but I think that would be a heavy lift (and may not fit the AAU side of the BIG).

Edit to add: And I don't see why USC and UCLA couldn't get you on TV in the bay area or anywhere else in California either.  I would assume their graduates are not all residents of L.A.

Edited by IUCrazy2

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ND would make 3 Big Ten teams in the state of Indiana.  

I would rather look elsewhere.

I'm really torn. Obviously best for the conference ND would be a home run addition. I also know we've asked them for 25 years and they've said no. So should I let my personal bias of hating all things Notre Dame....get in the way of big addition? Or should we stop the music and let ND be the one's without a chair.

I'm torn. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We won't get a choice.  And I think ND is kind of like Duke in North Carolina.  They be in Indiana but they are not really of Indiana.

I understand, but does not change how I feel.

My dream Big Ten

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan State

Minnesota

Northwestern

Ohio State

Purdue

Wisconsin

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Seems Purdue. I really don't know what Rutgers brings in TV wise. Like.. I get that they are in NJ, doesn't mean anyone is watching it. 

Everyone out east is consumed with Pro sports. 

Purdue was right behind Iowa in terms of viewership last year which surprised me. If it’s strictly a football decision, other teams would be asked to leave before Purdue IMO. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Why wait on Notre Dame.  If you're ultimately headed to 20 teams, you can still add Oregon an Washington to get to 18.  And, then you can pause while waiting for the Irish.  Gives UCLA and USC some closer conference foes.

Another question would be, if you do add Notre Dame, who comes in with them?  A West Coast team with Notre Dame does not make sense.