USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I understand, but does not change how I feel.

My dream Big Ten

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan State

Minnesota

Northwestern

Ohio State

Purdue

Wisconsin

Change is not always for the best and all of these changes in college sports is not for the betterment of the sport.  Sometimes the simpiler times is better for the entertainment of the actual product on the field or court.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why wait on Notre Dame.  If you're ultimately headed to 20 teams, you can still add Oregon an Washington to get to 18.  And, then you can pause while waiting for the Irish.  Gives UCLA and USC some closer conference foes.

Another question would be, if you do add Notre Dame, who comes in with them?  A West Coast team with Notre Dame does not make sense.

Maybe Standford and have 4 5 team divisions.  Have the 5 west  coast teams in one division.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe Standford and have 4 5 team divisions.  Have the 5 west  coast teams in one division.

West- USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Standford

Midwest- Neb, Iowa, UW, Minnesota, UI

Central- NW, Purdue, ND, UM, MSU

East- Maryland, PSU, Rutgers, OSU, IU

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU football 2024 B1G schedule:

at USC

at Penn St

“home” Ohio St to be played at Paul Brown stadium 

“home” ND to be played in London

at Oregon

home MI

at UCLA

“home” Purdue to be played at Soldier Field

And people are worried IU brings no benefit to a super conference....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

Since this is a basketball board, how do you all see the addition of these teams affecting B1G basketball? Does it help the league transition away from the bruising style of basketball or do UCLA and USC get clobbered until they conform to that style?

Isn't UCLA's coach, Mick Cronin?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue was right behind Iowa in terms of viewership last year which surprised me. If it’s strictly a football decision, other teams would be asked to leave before Purdue IMO. 

Personally, I would never kick any of the original ten out.  That’s the one risk with bringing latecomers in.   They might start flexing.  But the original ten are like the landowners.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Why wait on Notre Dame.  If you're ultimately headed to 20 teams, you can still add Oregon an Washington to get to 18.  And, then you can pause while waiting for the Irish.  Gives UCLA and USC some closer conference foes.

Another question would be, if you do add Notre Dame, who comes in with them?  A West Coast team with Notre Dame does not make sense.

Texas AM or GA Tech would be my choices 

• Thanks 1